Thread: I want a map of Wailing wastes

I want a map of Wailing wastes

Started as Neutral, changed to Clan, and have been without a map of Wailing wastes since 2001-07-27!

Last night I finally god fed up waiting, and petitioned. Okay, nice helpfull ARK came to help. Told that it was a rare map and could only be found in mission(?????). Okay, I now got well over 800 tokens, and have NEVER seen a Map of Wailing wastes in the missions (lots for Mort )... And of course there is no reference to it in the database (auno.org).

I guess the ARK was wrong, I'll try again tonight.

Come on could there at least be someone telling me that I'm not supposed to have that map, and why? Or perhaps fix this "little" oversight for the 14.4 patch????

/me is frustrated!

lol

someone really needs to raise the level requirement to join ARK to 100 or so

Lol. Same here wiht one of my chars.

The idiot Ark told me
    "I'm sorry thats a spoiler"

I petition a few days later and asked about the map and told the ark that is was a 'spoiler' and she said "whys that a spoiler it doesn't even exist'.

Duh. Even the arks don't know wtf they are doing

Until it's sorted out I suggest using the Dovve map.

Unhappy WW Map

Damn, sorry guys. Didn't know this map was an issue. I have picked up and sold two of them this week, both taken from high 50 to low 60 missions in Wailing Waste (only did about 6 missions there, so drop rate for them must be decent in this zone).

Let me know if any of you are on RK2, I will try and get some more of them (nothing better to do).
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    Rubi-ka Geographical Society
    "Because it's there!"

yup. same here. akodoreign picked one up. said "well great there populating maps again". and uploaded it it was around ql50-60.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

But whats the name of that map, and more important if it is tagged as Map og Wailing wastes, WHY is it not in the antiguardians database?

your right its not in the anti guardian database????. Maybe I was halucinating know that I have one when i pop open maps its there.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

I think this is it correct me please if im wrong http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=vi...1440&id=116676

doesn't have a requirement to upload.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

Nope, certain I got it, but your right, not in the database. hmmm...
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    "Because it's there!"

reply and i started nuetral as well. so it wasn't in my startups.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

Oh I've bought Dry Wastes many time, but it says I'vegot it uploaded. As I understand it WW are part of clan startup maps. So I started Neutral, and changed, and I still have no proff that this is no bug!

I've been told by a GM that the WW map does not exist outside the clan startup maps set. He/she said they ran a database search for it after chatting with me about not being able to find one.

I also started neutral and switched to clan, and because I've uploaded the startup neut maps, I can't upload the clan startup maps.

*sigh*
    -=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator
    Member of The Mocker's Naked, Co-ed, Full contact, Drunken, Synchronized Blitzing Team

-=The Mockers=-

this is sad to . beacuase ww for level 50-60 is a great place to get missions.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

Okay,

This has been a burr in my kiester since about level 25 or so to me.

(I know, that's a bit early to be running up to WW, but you are talking to the person that used to run up to PW in his boxers at level 15 when he got bored, screaming "EAT ME! I'M TASTY" when he got aggroed by anything nasty.)

I LOVE maps. I love to see where I'm going, and where I've been. I like to know how far I am from the zone border at any given time. Not having a map pisses me off. Not being able to GET a map makes me furious.

Right now, two things particularly piss me off

1) No map of Wailing Wastes exists outside of Clan Startup. This is frankly stupid. I mean C'MON, people! You can't tell me that Joe Adventurer for Rand McNally hasn't come to Rubi-ka, mapped the entire planet, and is selling the maps clear across the universe.

2) The map for Galway County (Inluded in OT startup) costs 600 Map Nav for anyone else. 600! What's so important or special about Galway that it takes 600 Map Nav? I mean, by the time you get it, you can walk through Galway naked and bare handed and smeg anything that blinks at you funny in one hit (well, except Best In Brass).

Here is my opinion on maps in general.

1) There should be various QL of maps, with various levels of detail and Map Nav costs. The earliest should have BASIC layout (eg, land and water at the most) and as you get higher QL maps that cost more Map Nav, you get more detail. (Add forest here, add roads towns, etc. At the highest QL, maybe add markers of the names of cities towns, important sites, and maybe have a clickable on/off grid showing every 100 or 250 coords.

2) You should be able to make maps as a Tradeskill Item. You get a item such as a mapping tool, equip it in your utilities and as you walk/run/crawl/flap/fly through an area, it maps the surrounding area. Once you've crawled around an entire zone, you take that tool, combine it with a "data emitter", use trade skill implements to create a "empty map crystal" use the crystal on the data emitter and BINGO! A homemade map. THis is especially good with the QL idea above.

This would be particularly good, and a potential source of profit for, adventurers. Gives them a reason to go out and Explore Rubi-ka, which really should be the core of the adventurers.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Yep, was my error. I keep getting maps of Dry Waste in Wailing Waste.

Opps, sorry folks.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    "Because it's there!"