Thread: Question about Mountaineer Perks

Question about Mountaineer Perks

So, I was looking through some possible perk setups for my enf, and I came across the mountaineer perk line. Encase in Stone seems pointless if you can't use Detonate Stoneworks, however Detonate Stoneworks looks very very nice seeing as how it checks 100% AR vs 90% duck. Now the description says

"Special requires either Encase in Stone or Stoneworks root effect to already run"

but then it says

" User Mountaineer 5 trained and
    User Mountaineer 5 not locked
    User Affected by Encase in Stone running and
    Target Stoneworks running
    and
    Target Affected by Detonate Stoneworks not running "

So it seems like you need an adv to use Stoneworks, BUT, upon further inspection,

"Target SpecialHit Health Melee -3731 .. -8429
    if Stoneworks not running
    Target SpecialHit Health Melee -4975 .. -11239
    if Stoneworks running"

I thought it said you need Stoneworks to be running? Why would there be an option for damage if Stoneworks isn't running then?

So my final question, has anyone actually tested this out before i waste time reperking to see if it actually works?

Yes, it works just fine, had it trained on enf a while back, it hits for the lesser amount.
    Works good when you tank, but be aware that you WILL be rooted in order to be able to use it.

edit, no i don't think you can set off the nuke without being rooted, iirc.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Mar 16th, 2009 at 19:49:50.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

You should be rooted when Encase in Stone goes off, but when Detonate Stoneworks goes off it should get rid of the root if I read it all correctly. If you do them right after each other the root really shouldn't matter.

edit: now that I look at it,

EiS
    "User Cast Encase in Stone"
    DS
    "Target Reduce Root 1000000s"

So you get rooted and then you reduce the root on who you're targeting? Either that or you hit yourself with damage and reduce the root on yourself which would be retarded.

hi I made a complete test an analysis thread about this perk here http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=547576 yes you have to wait the full unremovable root wait time unless an avy detonates you

Ah thank you. I search mountaineer perks and didn't find anything. That was very helpful.

yea it's a neat perk. if 2 full teams perks it and detonated at once it would be a very huge damage turn out for raids towers etc