Thread: "Of Porsches and traffic lights..."

"Of Porsches and traffic lights..."

Somehow, I cant get quite the hold of this dream... Listen now - it is so surreal...
    I ordered a brand new, shiny, fresh-from-the-factory Porsche. The deal is done and I am waiting for the delivery. Not really knowing what to expect, I am standing infront of the auto-shop dealer chatting mindlessly when suddenly - poof! I mean POOF! -- and I am transported to a su****iously strange place!
    All I can see in front of my eyes is my Porsche! My P-O-R-C-H-E!!! All outside is chrome, gold and diamonds! Woot, my dear friends! Woot!

Next, I find myself INSIDE it! And it is A BEAUTY, I am telling you! The veiw outside is-- Hmm, I feel no support against my back?! "No seat?!". It looks my butt is on a some kind of rag...
    "Bah! Never mind! Look out of the window, ffs! What a scenery!" No, actually I mean :
    [....]

Outside the windows there is the most amazing neighborhood I have ever seen in my whole life! Pure marvel of architecture and extravaganza garden design! Not to mention the clear signs of a very expensive community support - every single detail is polished to perfection and shines like the diamonds of Her Majesty the Queen of the Monkey Island!!!
    I put on the headphones (beats me too - car with headphones) and start to sing along with Sachmo "What a wonderful wo-o-orld!". Oh boy! I FEEL GOOD! "Now lets drive around a bit! Surely there is a place in this splendid city for me settle down!"

I reach out with my right hand and ... feel nothing! Ug-oh, something's not quite right... Where the hell is the starter key or whatever comes with a Porsche! No RPM gauge?!
    I lean back on the rag to check the situation under the steering wheel--
    (Did I tell you? In the brochure it says "A suprise wheel for our first 20 mil clients!". They keot the promisse - it is made of some exotic wood and smells like a deep lustful secret...)
    -- damn! No pedals as well!

I slam the headphones down on the floor! "I am gonna call that Shop right now!"
    - Yo, Shop!!!
    - Greetings, driver. How may I help you today?
    - C'mon man! You knew it all along - the car inside is total crap!
    - What do you mean?
    - There is no starter, no pedals, not even a GD speedometer, ffs!
    - It is meant to be that way...
    - Wha!?
    - I understand your frustration...
    - No, you have NO undersatnding for any frustration, let alone mine! I cant even start this $%^t!
    - Ah, let me help you with that - there is one little handle on the right side of the steering--
    - Yes? This small thingy here?!
    - Turn it to move the car forward--
    - Aha...
    - Is there anything -else- I can help you with?
    - Wait! Let me try first... Hmm I dont see any effect...
    - Well, turn a bit faster--
    - Faster!
    - Ah, yes I think I moved a centimeter, but--
    - Centimeter?
    - 0.4 of an inch, you know--
    - Ah, Europe, I see...
    - But thats so slow! I hardly moved and my fingers ache already!
    - Well, it works as designed.
    - Still - it sucks! And my fingers r-e-a-l-l-y hurt now!
    - You should use our Suspend-o-mat - it will support your elbow and it will hurt less... plus you will get used to it.
    - Gezz, go, go already!

So, after an hour or so I am still turning this tiny little handle and the car painfully moves millimeter by millimeter. A day passes... And strangely I am still inside - fingers on the handle restlessly turning it...
    Somehow, masochism has nothing to do with it (I surely am hoping that!), but I actually enjoy the ride! The houses outside are superb! The trees, the dog, the fire hydrant - everything is absolutely perfect! I mean - colours, shapes, sounds - you name it - it is all exquisite!
    Well, form time to time a car drops from nowhere or just poofs... But thats OK, I assure you! When you call to the Shop you always get the comforting :"We know about that effect, it works as intended"
    Besides all other cars move with the same speed. So no biggie! We even occasionally pull down the windows and chat a bit while racing down the streets with 1 km/day. There is a good side wind so it almost feels like a fast car.

As it goes in dreams, I find myself again in my car but somehow a week later. Sitting on a slightly better rag. Dunno how, but it feels a bit like better padded...
    All outside is as usual - amazing! The cars, the houses, the trees, the dog and the--
    Wait a minute! Didnt I see EXACTLY the same dog pissing on this very fire hydrant just 2 hours ago!? And again 2 hours ago!? Damn! Whats going on here!

- Shop!!!
    - Greetings, driver. How may I help you today?
    - This dog--
    - It is a know issue, the dog pisses the same hydrant the same way. At this moment though we cannot do anything.
    - But...
    - No worries, we will paint the hydrant different colour next time we sent the street developers. All is fine! You are OK! Drive on!
    - $%^#@!

But do you know whats the worst?
    "They lied and didnt paint the hydrant?" - you say.
    Naah, it changed colour over 10 times, it is r-e-a-l-l-y OK now!
    What bothers me is that there are these traffic lights. Whenever you reach an intersection it is NEVER green. There is no traffic accost either. (Dunno why but seems we all drive along the same street.) But you must stop at red! Otherwise the Shop says it will evict you from you car! God forbid!! So you stop. The red stays for 20-25 min and only then turns green. Sometimes after 25 min there goes yellow. "Yeah, baby" You start turning the little handle like a madman - "Am gonna blow the engine now! Yeah baby!" you pep yourself while moving your butt around to get more comfy on the heavily padded rug....
    Sadly the traffic light goes back to red! Damn! Now you -have- to -relax- for another 25 min! AGAIN! I hate that!

But the worst of the worst - some drivers say there is this very special Streetlight. Very, v-e-r-y hard to get to. They call it "Light #666"! And it goes green ONLY every 18 hours...

Geez, I am glad I havent found that one yet!
    Last edited by Vaalena; Nov 12th, 2004 at 22:30:56.
    Vaalena o'Vipersting
    AO through my looking glass: opatl, odam, sfl

All righty then... I will keep my dark humour for brighter people.

Quote of the moment: "We put FU in FUN" Agent Arlanon

just say no to drugs.

D.A.R.E. to keep agents off drugs... especially ommer ones
    Say goodbye to a tangerine sky
    Say hello say hello to tommorow
    When you say goodbye to a tangerine sky
    You lose your pain lose your fear lose your sorrow

Somehow (I thought I had stopped... Never taken drugs...), it reminds me of camping in AO

Gotta wait LONG til boss spawns, and he does not drop what you need.. (red to orange to red again)...

Actually lots of things makes me think of the game, but I might just be as twisted as Vaalena
    Socializer 86% - Explorer 66% - Achiever 33% - Killer 13%. And proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999
    Somehow (I thought I had stopped... Never taken drugs...), it reminds me of camping in AO

Gotta wait LONG til boss spawns, and he does not drop what you need.. (red to orange to red again)...

Actually lots of things makes me think of the game, but I might just be as twisted as Vaalena
    Cheers to the people with imagination!
    Vaalena o'Vipersting
    AO through my looking glass: opatl, odam, sfl

All righty then... I will keep my dark humour for brighter people.

Quote of the moment: "We put FU in FUN" Agent Arlanon

and the car painfully moves millimeter by millimete
    Awwww, come on. Levelling ain't that slow, nor as repetetive as you say................*takes another happy-pill*
    No combat macroing is allowed in AO, and it will, if you get caught doing it, get you, your family, your friends and everyone who look like you banned so fast, you will be able to hear the sonic boom all the way to Aldebaran - Revelator

ah well, I had not even noticed that one...

Vaalena, that's sick... But I am really laughing my ... rear end off. Another one, please!! Another one!!

*takes another Fragment of Sanity to recover*
    Socializer 86% - Explorer 66% - Achiever 33% - Killer 13%. And proud of it!

hmm, a metaphoric tale, took me a min or two to get what you were aiming at, but i like it, very cool....

either that or you had a real screwed up dream and im reading too much into it....maybe i gotta log for a bit....

well this story aint as tragical as this: many many years ago *in 5th class in school* a policeman came to tell us(the class) bout drugs. So she was telling us all kinds of stuff from salvei to cocaine and then the told us

-drugs can make you very "charged" and some very drowsy
    -some drugs may allso cause hallutinations
    and at that point a dood(will not tell who) shouted
    -AH GNOME!
    and he was pointing at his shoulder

that made the whole class laugh like hell and the policeman got so pissed off that he draged the 'dood' out from the classroom to be never seen again...
    (to be continued sometime...)

ooh btw if sum1 didnt get it it was bout drugs that cause hallutinations...

Hehe nice methaphor. For a while there i thougt you where on an acid trip..
    History is hard to know, because of all the hired bull****, but even without being sure of ”history” it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time---and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

Hunter S. Thompson

Fuzze Rk-1 Fixer Unit Memeber of ..::Nordic Alliance::..