Thread: All about Rubi-Ka Universal Robots.

All about Rubi-Ka Universal Robots.

Reporter Jamior Hurdian

(OTPC) -- R.U.R. stands for Rubi-Ka Universal Robots which is run by Charissa "Dabblez" Jurik. A small company of enterprising citizens of Omni-Tek working to build up their business known mostly for their failed bid for the service for the Newland Guard Initiative. They were known also for the stolen Experimental Neutral Token Board that the Cyborgs currently have. Even considering their most recent failure in the Newland Guard Initiative contract, they are not finished by far.

Their only currently marketed robot at this time is the Leet-Bot. Built to handle domestic chores so you do not have to. They plan to take on the market yet once again with the Pfft. Pfft, a personal trainer robot. The people I talked to were not entirely sure of what Pfft stood for, but it is designed to keep us in shape.

The market for the Pfft is slim, due to the fact that a good percentage of the population enjoys an excellent genetic build. It is mostly following the line of thought that an active mind is dependent on an active body for those lucky enough to have good genes. In addition, for those who do not, Pfft is great at encouraging them to exercise.

Due to the failures in the past, R.U.R. has been required to take out loans to continue their work. This time, instead of getting a new loan, R.U.R. instead decided to issue their stock so they could afford research and development on the Pfft. In an unprecedented market ploy, they gave equal chances for all factions of Rubi-Ka to buy into the company. RUR kept about 16% of the overall volume to themselves. An unknown neutral citizen by the name of Bazzit Jnr, that this reporter was unable to find information on, bought 28.5% of all stock. This put him in a position where he controls the single largest portion of the issued shares. With R.U.R. controlling a minority share, it virtually puts him in control of the company, at least to a certain extent. R.U.R. is in no way worried about this Bazzit Jnr’s chances of taking over R.U.R. if he was interested.

On an only slightly related topic, the one thing that is not directly connected to the Robotic industry is R.U.R.'s very own Bronto Ranch. It is intended to help stressed-out robots relax and get over whatever psychosises that cause them and their owner grief. Dabblez copied the old terran concept of the Dude Ranch to achieve this. Instead of riding these ancient terran horse thingies, robots who come to relax there use young brontos instead. R.U.R. claims their ranch cured the robot of the President of Clan Cerberus of a grave addiction to cookies. The method of how this ranch helps is questionable but it seems to work well enough.

Considering that R.U.R has failed in almost all of their bids for fame in the field of advanced robotics, it has to successfully finish the development of the Pfft. With luck, they should be able to market it and get out of whatever debt they have remaining and pave they road to a bright future for this small company. Their ranch is good for whatever stress problems your robot has and is thus invaluable. Contact Dabblez for more information.
    Last edited by CJ; Aug 19th, 2004 at 23:25:57.

... or visit our GIRD SITE for our latest RUR robot catalog and the Bronto Ranch Break brochure!

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Kithrak reads the day's news from his window office in Omni-HQ. He flagged the article and issued a command for his droid to keep watch over any further developments. He sees no reason to involve himself with his investment...for now. The administrator is content to observe how RUR deals with the deteriorating conditions on Rubi-Ka.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I once visited a friend that had an imported DLK-2000 cleaning his apartment. Sure, it did it´s work, but the way it kept pointing it´s vacuumcleaner at me and going "Exterminate! Exterminate!" gave me the chills.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

New Pfft Line of Robots needs Tester

Kithrak sounds like he'd make the perfect tester for the new Pfft bots!! Maybe he'd get out of his office and enjoy the exercise... With enough exercise maybe he'd make Motivational Speeches to Omni citizens about future peace!

Naz

Nazly, MA 169, Clan, Valor Eternal
    ~~ Lalaina, 118 MP
    ~~ Shoola, 72 Trader
    Atlantean

Xhairs,

If you find the "Exterminate, Exterminate" off-putting, by accessing a panel on the back of the DKL-2000 you can easily change the setting to "Resitance is futile".

Dabblez

I'm sure Selavi would like his robot back now .
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Anyway, to see RUR's current Pfft! ad campaign, follow the links!

>>> CLICK ME <<<

>>> CLICK ME <<<

Remeber, only 7 more day until the Physical Fitness Family Trainer (PFFT!) goes on sale. The world of excerices and fitness will never be the same again!

Hi, when can we buy one!

Valeriya,

It will be out in the shops from Monday 30th but if you preoder you will get a free leet-bot ( )

Dabblez
    Rubi-Ka Universal Robots

More Pfft! previews!

>>> CLICK ME <<<

Only 5 days left!

Would like to get some more info on the capabilitys of it. Can it polewault? Is the stabilizer gyros fast enough to work advanced gymnastic/tumbling programs?
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Nice article about a great group of people. Even though some of RUR's great projects have failed they still brought in some great enlightenment on how certain technologies work. I would not say those projects completely failed, they just did not work in the end.

I look forward to Pfft and see what that is all about.

I love the BRB concept
    /tell Cashup