Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Review of the Council of Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhairs
    The odds of the Dust Brigade being Clan or a Clan construct are pretty slim. I´m not saying it is impossible, but i´m giving it a snowballs chance in an incineratorfurnace. It may, and i repeat may have started out as a Clan, but long since went outside that and now just practises terrorism against any targets they can find.
    I disagree. Who decides when a Clan is no longer Clan? Where are the regulations that define Clannishness? You will not find these find anywhere because they do not exist.

"Clan" in the context of Rubi-Ka is an umbrella term of a wide range of people who share a common origin miner uprisings and little more. In itself the word Clan has no bearing on a specific Clan's philosophy, ambitions, priorities or values.

The Dust Brigade are one of the legacy Clans. They are as much Clan as The Unioinsts, Gaia or Vanguard. The fact that Dusters will occasionally turn on other Clans is just one more aspect of Clan individualism.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Dear GOD...Savoy, you simply amaze me. You aren't going to give it up, are you? You will continually say from now until the day your insurance terminates that the Dust Brigade is a Clan organization. You seem REALLY convinced, so I want to make sure that you have all of your bases covered. I would hate for someone to be self-deceiving. So here we go.

I want, from you, a shown statement from an INDEPENDENT investigative body that points to funds, materials, weapons, supplies, ammunition, medicine, or any other war-type materials changing hands from a recognized Clan organization to the Dust Brigades. Please make sure the link is available. I realize that such high end intelligence is hard to get a second source with which to corroborate the data, but that would be nice also, please. I will be waiting for that data.

As for your little link...are you serious? You are, aren't you? And to think, you actually lead other Omni people. I don't know if it's utterly hilarious, or frightening in the extreme. A mixture of the two, I think. Since you show the Belt Of Justice as your incontrivertible proof that The Dust Brigades are in fact a Clan organization, I will direct your attention to the following:

Kaehler Uniform Sleeves

Wow, unimpeachable evidence that The Colonel and his son are really Clan agents! By your logic, if the creature/person drops things that Clan and only Clan can wear, that person is a Clanner! Wow, such amazing logic. I stand back, humbled and awed by your brilliant flash-of-light sartori. Maybe it is just a big Omni conspiracy as you said. Could be either way, I guess.

Theories about the Dust Brigade being a Clan organization are just that: unproven theories that, in lieu of having concrete (or even viable circumstantial) evidence, display the prejudices of the questioner more than it answers the question. Pretty neat how we all do that, isn't it?

Lastly, Xhairs, your statement about not calling Omni oppressors if we at war while you call Clanners terrorists has some merit. I agree with that on a basic semantical level. However, do note that recently OT has been involved in some pretty dastardly deeds, such as in Mort, Borealis and Newland. I think I could make **** up like all of your cohorts here do and come up with all sorts of innuendo and conjecture, but I don't operate like that. I operate in facts.

It's pretty plain why stories such as this one wind up on the OT newspapers at all. You see, Omni IS actually doing things that generate negative publicity, and the above mentioned locations where these incidents took place should be indicitive of how "wonderful" Omni-Tek is. So, to keep the PR balance equal, the retarded mongoloids down at Omtron make up weird, bizarre and frighteningly obtuse stories to make Clanners look uneducated, bloodthirstly, greedy and full of hate. It's a nice propaganda campaign, only the vast majority of us aren't as stupid as you think we look.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Okay, if yuor still not convinced, take a look at these intelligence reports

http://www.faunlore.org/guardians/ge...inspector.html
    http://www.faunlore.org/guardians/ge..._commando.html
    http://www.faunlore.org/guardians/ge...kronillis.html

Elephants are a type of mammal.
    Jazz is a type of music.
    A Duster is a kind of Clanner.

I don't really see what big deal. Its not like I am holding your Clan responsible for their crimes.

Savoy

This is not an independent source. It's a database made up from someone else. It does not reference anything that I would recognize as being official. When I go into PW and I flash my IFF onto a Dust Brigade trooper or officer, do you know what the Faction comes back as? I'd like someone to give me independent corroboration.

Come on, Savoy, you can do it. Tell me what it says.
    Last edited by Joshua Crime; Aug 26th, 2004 at 22:05:24. Reason: punctuation errors

As Savoy said. Whats it matter to you Joshuacrime? Its not like anyone are saying theyre your clan.

I dont think the "evidence" presented here hold much ground either....

Exept maybe that last piece of Jewelry dear Savoy.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

You Clan folks keep argueing about how right and good the Clans are by justifying terrorist activities while us Omni employees keep working on how to best help Rubi-Ka in its entirety. Keep killing Omni-Tek employees and Neutral civilians. We'll keep helping Omni-Tek and Neutrals move foward and recover from the Clan terrorists that the 'other' Clanners have thus far continued to provide support for either direct or indirectly.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

It's not proof in any way, shape or form. What it is, dear friends, is a listing of the different factions that Clanners might choose to associate themselves with. What it says about the Dust Brigade is that you may not associate with them as a Clan faction, it says that you may be a sympathizer if you wish. There is quite a large diffrerence, as being a "sympathizer" of the Dust Brigades would constitute criminal activity as far as any right thinking citizen on Rubi-Ka would think. Any clan organization that supported the Dust Brigade would find themselves very lonely on this planet, I guarentee you that. It's one thing to say that "Dust Brigade" is a Clan faction; it's quite another to say that people or Clan organizations might choose to be symapthizers with them.

It's not even the same thing. So I don't know where you are going with that one either. As I said, go up to PW, target one of the Commandos or the Generals Right Hand or whoever else might be sticking their heads out of the hidey-holes they have up there. Tell me what that IFF says when you interrogate them with your targeting system.

As for the "administrator", it's more of the 50% talk. Only Clanners are terrorists, and all Omni's and Neutrals are lawful citizens that are defending themselves against the depredations of the criminal Clanners. Right, and I'm a rollerrat nanotechnician with dark black hair named "Buster" too. We will keep on killing armed OT citizens until there is a cease fire. As for Neutrals, well, most Neutrals are actually left alone. Lately, hasn't Omni been doing the killing in Neutral territory? I think it has. I don't read any reports of the Sentinels raiding Neutral towns. Nope. I don't read anything about any of the other Clan factions doing it either. No, most of the time Neutrals are ignored as being insignificant insofar as the Notum Wars are concerned, as well as what goes on in the Shadowlands. I think I have seen Clan attacking a Neutral organization's tower sets maybe once or twice in recent times, and those are usually in retaliation, not as an aggressive action. Of course, more of them could be occuring from either side, but they aren't really newsworthy, so they don't get reported. Furthermore, given that certain Neutral organizations are little more than Omni orgs in Neutral clothing, I don't find them off my target list either if they are doing something against me. What goes around comes around.

Suffice it to say, when the cease fire takes hold, I'll be following it's tenets. Until then, we are at war, so we aren't terrorists, any more that you all claim that you aren't oppressors. I think you are, and recent events show that you are, but that's OK. We can be delusional from time to time. It's natural given the amount of stress you suffer.

When you can show me the proof that I require to believe you about the Dust Brigade being a Clan faction, which I mentioned in a previous commentary, then I will believe you. Until then, it's just bogus claptrap and propaganda.

War can only exist between two recognized 'governing' groups. The Clans lack a central governing group. The Council of Truth v1.0(first one) did not declare a war and the new one admitted it was neither a governing body nor a lawmaking body. They don't represent all of the Clans. According to them, if an outside Clan declares war(which makes no legal sense but for arguement's sake) that only applies to that one Clan.(No governing body) Omni-Tek has not specified that a war is taking place. Therefore there is no war.

By definition then, all Clan attacks against non-Clan personel are considered terrorist activities. The Clans by fail to adhere to the laws set aside by the ICC to enforce the common peace with the Sentinels slaughtering the peacekeepers is a violation of the Clan terms of the lease.

If the collective mistakes of the Clans were laid out from end to end, 'sometimes' do not begin to touch on how often the Clans have instigated hostilities against all non-Clan groups. Where as Omni-Tek citizens have been aiding the Neutral community for years. There is no evidence of the Clans publically doing anything beneficial towards the Neutral community these past years. The Clanners however, always seem to have a shopping list of reasons for Clan revenge handy. Omni-Tek employees could have made a list of their own, but they have not really made the effort to, why?

Your efforts to defend the Clan terrorist activities are commendable, but supporting their activites will not acomplish anything except escalate the conflict that will lead to more grievances and result in a continued escalation of hostilities. You want Omni-Tek to retaliate against the Clans. It would then be easy for you to claim that the end justifies terrorizing the populace into submission.

Will you be more comfortable if I stopped trying to reason with the Clans and instead, picked up a gun and started shooting Clanners? Maybe, just maybe then I will be something that you can finally understand, a symbol of oppressive Omni-Tek.

Oddly enough, these un-warlike efforts from a minority of Omni-Tek employees are being threated as more of a threat. Omni-Pol's recent blunders have recieved far less extensive 'reaction' from the Clans. An Omni(singular) comes by to talk peace and Clanners swarm out of the woodwork to prove them wrong and how evil Omni-Tek has and always will be. Good for you, why I never knew that the Clans can do no wrong!
    Last edited by Kithrak; Aug 27th, 2004 at 07:19:43.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

What a steaming pile of...

I'd like to know what university you attended, "Administrator". I'll be glad to not send any of my future progeny there, as whatever it is they are teaching there completely defies description. Except that is brown and steamy and helps my garden grow.

I'm going to have SO much fun with this. I'm even going to take a coffee break and spend a LOT of time on it.

War can only exist between two recognized 'governing' groups.
    Bull. War exists between 2 entities that are fighting each other. This definition of yours is the "space lawyer version". If you point a gun at me, and shoot at me, and then out of self-preservation I shoot back, we're at war. I don't need a diplomat to tell me I am fighting for my life. I can see that from the bullets flying by my head as you try to snuff out my life. By your definition, only nation-states-corporations can wage "proper" war. Anyone else you might decide to turn your guns against is a "terrorist". Yeah, whatever. Pretty neat deal if only one of you is one of these entities, right?

The Clans lack a central governing group. The Council of Truth v1.0(first one) did not declare a war and the new one admitted it was neither a governing body nor a lawmaking body.
    You are completely correct. We don't want a central governing group yet. And the last Council of Truth was barely out of its infancy before Omni-Tek stormtroopers came and killed a few of them and chased the rest of them away. The new one isn't ready to be a governing body, and maybe we'll never have one in the traditional sense. Tribal governments have flourished in the past, and we are all loosely confederated by bonds of friendship and mutual hatred of Omni-Tek. What more can a growing boy ask for? As for the "space lawyer" aspects of it, Clan is never going to "declare war" on Omni-Tek as a "legal body" because we aren't one. We are a resistance group that defies the rule of Omni-Tek. We don't exactly care if you do not think we are legitimate. My gun is legitimate. So is yours. Clan has grievances against Omni-Tek for how you act, what you stand for, how you do your business and especially how you deal with problems (or enemies for that matter). Fix those things, and reduce Omni-Tek to a true corporation governed by the people of the planet it resides on, and we can discuss that. Until then, we don't care what you say, "Administrator".

By definition then, all Clan attacks against non-Clan personel are considered terrorist activities. The Clans by fail to adhere to the laws set aside by the ICC to enforce the common peace with the Sentinels slaughtering the peacekeepers is a violation of the Clan terms of the lease.
    Since it's readily apparent to me that you actually believe this bull****, I will just point to it, say that your facts aren't even correct, and laugh hysterically at it. ROFLMAO. But I simply MUST. You're so easy a target. By definition, any Clan attack against an Omni-Tek person is considered terrorism. By YOUR definition. I bet that a rebellion is called that on nearly every planet that one has ever occured on. By the organization being rebelled against, of course. How convenient for you. I bet you must think it's really humorous that you can do whatever the hell you want to anyone you please with your "legal" barbarian troops, and the opposition can't legally oppose you because they are not "a recognized ruling boy". Somedays, I think this news column needs to not censor, as you are deserving of special attention today. No, The Clans are a loose-knit group of people that do not tolerate Omni-Tek. Some more militantly, but all in opposition to YOU. For Clan, that is enough organization, and I'm terribly sorry that your pea brain can't wrap around that little simple nugget. And The Sentinels were joined in the removal of ICC from Tir. As I recall, ICC has been fought against on this planet multiple times. Want to tell me by whom? I know, but apparently you do not, or you would not have ever said something so stupid.

If the collective mistakes of the Clans were laid out from end to end, 'sometimes' do not begin to touch on how often the Clans have instigated hostilities against all non-Clan groups. Where as Omni-Tek citizens have been aiding the Neutral community for years. There is no evidence of the Clans publically doing anything beneficial towards the Neutral community these past years. The Clanners however, always seem to have a shopping list of reasons for Clan revenge handy. Omni-Tek employees could have made a list of their own, but they have not really made the effort to, why?
    No, sometimes is perfectly correct, but in and of itself, the "Neutral" faction is not the neutral faction anymore. Why? By your own words. You assist the neutrals, and the neutrals take your assistance, and by that, they are an Omni ally and therefore not even close to being neutral. We don't give a damn about the neutral faction, because they don't care about their own freedom against the corporation that WILL abuse it's power again because it does so every chance it gets. I will ignore Neutral aligned humans on this planet, because they are beneath my notice. They have no honor. They do not fight for what they believe in. I at least respect my Omni enemies. They stand up and fight and put it right on their chests that they are who they are. I hate the corporation, but Omni soldiers are fellow human beings and I respect those who have the balls to stick it out there. Neutrals do not. They hide behind their faction while raking in profits and benefit from the "special" Omni relationship. So, again, why should I assist them in any way, shape or form? We've been over this. Neutral is just another Omni organization as far as I'm concerned. And Omni is my enemy, so Neutral is my enemy too.

Your efforts to defend the Clan terrorist activities are commendable, but supporting their activites will not acomplish anything except escalate the conflict that will lead to more grievances and result in a continued escalation of hostilities. You want Omni-Tek to retaliate against the Clans. It would then be easy for you to claim that the end justifies terrorizing the populace into submission.
    No, I just refuse to conform to your wishes. I do not want war. I like peace. But I will not have peace dictated to me by the legion of thugs that rule Omni-Tek. Peace will be agreed upon by both parties. There will be mutual respect for the other side, and the agreements of a peace treaty will be enforced. I can guarentee you that the Clans will NEVER lay down their arms, and the demands of most Clanners do not envision Omni-Tek as ruling the planet as governers. As a corporation that does business, absolutely. My efforts to defend Clan's defense against the depredations of Omni-Tek do not require your commendation, because I don't care what Omni's Goebbels has to say about what I think or do not think. It's apparent that you cannot think for yourself, you merely spout the company line, and that's all I need to know about you. Clan doesn't WANT to terrorize the "population". We don't eat our own, but I think Omni does. If Omni does anything against the Clans, it will be completely unilateral, as not one Clan faction has done ANYTHING in recent memory to either Omni or Neutral personnel beyond what normally occurs during war time. There are so many recent examples of Omni-Pol and OTAF doing things to Neutral as well as Clan personnel. You conveniently ignore those, "Admnistrator". Because you conveniently ignore anything that you don't like or can't explain away. How handy for you!

Will you be more comfortable if I stopped trying to reason with the Clans and instead, picked up a gun and started shooting Clanners? Maybe, just maybe then I will be something that you can finally understand, a symbol of oppressive Omni-Tek.
    One is as good as the other. I think that you WANT to pick up arms and shoot at Clanners, and all you want is an excuse that looks OK in the papers, so that you may continue with this "blameless Omni" charade. It doesn't even have to be completely convincing, it just has to wash for a few days until people forget about the incident that leads to a larger shooting war. Tell me something, how is it that I or my faction is responsible for a war when you fire the first shot. That is so unbelievable that you have me completely stumped. This is so basic. War is when 2 people are shooting at each other. If neither are shooting, they are not at war (that minute). If neither are shooting, but yelling at each other, that does not place them at war. They aren't exactly "friendly" but they aren't trying to kill each other. Now, when one of those 2 people pulls up a gun and interrupts a peaceful existence, that's called an aggressive act, making the first shooter the aggressor, and placing them at war. Send me personal messages if you need more help with this. It's quite obvious.

And while we are on the subject, tell me something...how is any of our fighting considered "killing"? We all have insurance, don't we? If you remove my health, I will form somewhere else. It sure does suck getting dumped like that, and it's pretty damned painful, but I knew what I was getting into when I walked into that Clan door and strapped on a gun. No one to blame but myself about my own "demise" and reformation at the friendly neighborhood Insurance Terminal. Oh, but not everyone gets to come back, now do they? Want to tell me about the reporter? There were a couple of CoT members that didn't come back either after dealing with some special Omni troops. I wonder...can we go back through a list of people that were perma-killed and compare what side the killers were on? I think that would be MOST telling, and I think I already know the answer. Murderers.

Oddly enough, these un-warlike efforts from a minority of Omni-Tek employees are being threated as more of a threat. Omni-Pol's recent blunders have recieved far less extensive 'reaction' from the Clans. An Omni(singular) comes by to talk peace and Clanners swarm out of the woodwork to prove them wrong and how evil Omni-Tek has and always will be. Good for you, why I never knew that the Clans can do no wrong!
    No, oddly enough, I'm one of the few Clanners that try to make points here. I have to defend my points against FAR more detractors than any of you do. And I don't even sit on the Council. Omni-Pol's recent blunders have shown anyone that can think that OTRK has not changed a whit, and if there is lull in the action between you and me, then they will go on being the same old corporation they were before the rebellion began. It's more than apparent to me. I want peace with Omni-Tek, but as I said, I'm not going to take your terms and like it. I want certain things from a peace with Omni and that means you give up governing the planet and become a protected corporation by the legally elected democratic government of Rubi-Ka. If I don't see that, I'll see you on the battlefield. It's quite simple. Clanners do lots of wrong, as they are human beings. So are Omni-Tek personnel, although what I hear is that OT is a benevolent father that cares for all of it's children. Which is a load of crap. Even if the most rabid OT defenders, namely Savoy, Marisha and yourself, proposed a fair and reasonable peace that all parties could live with, OTAF and Omni-Pol would still ignore you and do what it wanted to do. You can't say that you want peace, because you belong to a corporation that cares nothing about your voice beyond what you can say in a board meeting. Beyond that, your opinion means nuts. So, just go back to following orders, "Administrator". As an OT employee, it's all you are allowed to do with respect to the Omni-Clan conflict.

I, at least, have a voice.

Originally posted by Steelyglint:
    the question i ponder most as i lay down my trusty bbi's and gaze at the rubi-ka night sky in the woods or plains, is what is the omni end goal for peace?
    Now herein lies the real question, and my simple answer is: Time to be able to perform unobstructed pillaging of the planet, followed by a quick build-down of facilities ensued by evacuation of OT's most important employees. Rest will most probably be left to fend for themselves. In short; time to kill off the planet unhindered.
    I pray to the gods above, that Notum will still be abundant when the lease is up for renewal!
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Crime
    And the last Council of Truth was barely out of its infancy before Omni-Tek stormtroopers came and killed a few of them and chased the rest of them away. The new one isn't ready to be a governing body, and maybe we'll never have one in the traditional sense.
    I don’t know what university you attended, but at Saint Sheng-ji’s we were taught that the last Council first made it’s appearance in 29396 or about eighty years ago. I’m surprised that you think eighty years is barely out of infancy for a governmental body.

Peace will be agreed upon by both parties. There will be mutual respect for the other side, and the agreements of a peace treaty will be enforced. I can guarentee you that the Clans will NEVER lay down their arms, and the demands of most Clanners do not envision Omni-Tek as ruling the planet as governers.
    So long as the name on the lease says “Omni-Tek Corporation,” we are the legal governing body here on Rubi-Ka. And it’s not just me saying that. It’s not just the Corporation saying that. It’s the ICC saying that. And the ICC is a body that is respected throughout human space. Do we sometimes disagree with what this body decides? Of course we do. Were not mindless drones. Have we had issues with the peacekeepers in the past? Yes, but they made some bad tactical decisions. I’ll cut them some slack though, being around for only 35 years. Their practically newborns.

If you don’t want to recognize the ICC, that’s your decision. I rather think you’d like it. It’s a loose confederation, much like you Council. However, so long as we hold the lease, we have just as much claim to Rubi-Ka as you do.

On a seperate note, why do the clans have to be the only government on Rubi-Ka? I know you don’t want us ruling the planet, but what about a portion of the planet? Would home rule endeavor you to put down your arms, or is this an all or nothing game?

There were a couple of CoT members that didn't come back either after dealing with some special Omni troops.
    The Dust Brigade, not Omni-Tek, killed both. Max Spiva was not even in Omni-Tek hands when he was killed.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Bull. War exists between 2 entities that are fighting each other. This definition of yours is the "space lawyer version". If you point a gun at me, and shoot at me, and then out of self-preservation I shoot back, we're at war.
    That summarizes your entire counterargument, your explanative included. That is your personal definition of what constitutes a war. The problem is, you are applying your personal definition(I am fighting a war...) to a legal corporate entity that also serves as a colonial government that administrates the southern half of Rubi-Ka(I am fighting a war against Omni-Tek). Omni-Tek has over a trillion employees.

By your definition if someone worked at Bronto Burger, asked for a raise and were refused resulting in a personal conflict they are at war with Bronto Burger and vice versa. You can call it a war with Bronto Burger over the wage dispute(You can even say that the worker is being oppressed by Bronto Burger!), but just because you personally said so Bronto Burger certainly was never at war with the disgruntled employee.

The implication is your argument that the Clans are at war with Omni-Tek cannot be true except on a person to person level without a central governing/legal/representative authority. If a Clan or a single Clanner declares war on Omni-Tek you call it a war, but Omni-Tek is not any single person. The next Clanner might not be fighting, would that mean the Clans are both at war and peace(not at war) with Omni-Tek at the same time? Furthermore, is this war with Omni-Tek as a whole? A single clanner can personally declare war with the trillions of Omni-Tek employees but just because 'you said so' don't mean that the entirety of Omni-Tek is at war with you.

What this claim has done is forcibly extend the war to include the rest of Omni-Tek's employees against their will. The Clans then happen to also be at war with an Omni-Tek janitor working at junction 48B on Omni-Prime many light years distant eh? That is why not 'just anyone' can declare a war.

On a sidenote it would be advised to stop using my personal background as a disscussion topic. I have the curtesy to not disscuss about your upbringing.(My personal history isn't war war with the Clans, yay!) Mars University is not 'at war' with the Clans to the best of my knowledge. Leave MarsU and their ethics courses out of it.
    Last edited by Kithrak; Aug 27th, 2004 at 21:43:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    So I suppose THIS is just an elaborate Omni deception?

Savoy
    Interesting piece of history...congratulation on diging it out. Totaly different as things stand in present . Somehow I don't fell like using caps to make a point. If that doesn't convince you I can make severeal other points reagrding equipment. This is especially interesting since it drops from higher ranking Omni-Tek employee. And if you'd take some time to travel and explore Rubi-Ka, you'd discover that Dust Brigades aren't clan sided after all. If your bravery and weapon skill would match your memo writing enthusiastics, you'd futhermore discover reason , why are preaty much claners those that keep Dust Brigade menance more or less under control. Omnis fight them only when their cities are attacked or as it seems only complain about it. They strike both clan and omni cities....difference is that clan just beats them and omni whine that it's clan oppresion. Ask your major OT representative or Board why don't they deploy Juggies at those attacks but rather use them for securing crashsite of minor carrier craft (or try to secure at least...hehe).

And to miss Marisha (who'll acuse me of calling her names...again)...
    ICC never claimed Omni-Tek to be legal governing body on Rubi-Ka. They just leased mining rights to Corporation. Two different things. If this wouldn't be right you can bet ICC wouldn't keep it's personel on planet. Neither would Omni-Tek allowed them to be stationed here. There also wouldn't be any need for peace (or any other kind of) talks. ICC would help OT crush claners if this war would be about mining notum. You should talk to Nanomages liberation front on this topic.

Clans are just trying to make a living...at arms if under attack. Whether oponent OT, Dust brigade, mutants or anything else space wants to throw at us doesn't matter. Only reason while OT stays on planet and keeps on fighting claners is to maximize profit. Last ICC decret was that all are free to mine it, but all trades must be done via OT. Of course this would make most Omni employees on planet redundant and they would be left without their paychecks. Loads of talks about willing to accept peace, but all words no action (at least positive one) from our corporate members. I wonder why?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    Omnis fight them only when their cities are attacked or as it seems only complain about it. They strike both clan and omni cities....difference is that clan just beats them and omni whine that it's clan oppresion. Ask your major OT representative or Board why don't they deploy Juggies at those attacks but rather use them for securing crashsite of minor carrier craft (or try to secure at least...hehe).
    Can I take this as an official Clan request for Omni-Tek to deploy troops and armor in the Perpetual Wastes?

Savoy

Kind of you to ask for clarification. I never seen Omnis to respond to request. Most their actions seem to bypass any official order, when I come to think about it. I doubt Rossy boy or anyone else ordered retaliation attacks on clan cities after Dust brigade attackd OT property. As you know your politics, you're aware i can't act as official clan representative. You are also aware (no doubt) that northern RK teritory is controled by clans. So basicly this means no to your question.

But since Dust brigade strike both on clan and Omni targets I doubt any claner would have anything against organized OT group trying to eliminate Dust Brigade, provided that they ( Dust Brigade) are only target and that they ( Dust Brigade) are targeted themself ( no attcking other citizens or structures on the way).

As you yourself said (#57)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    We need to reconginse that the forces who desire peace, both Omni or Clan, have more in commom with each other than with the warmongers of their own side. We must isolate the hardliners, not given them our unconditional, implicit support just becasue an accident of history has put us on the same side. People have to start thing thinking for themselves rather than allow their actions to be dictated by fear or habit.
    This can be common issue, which bothers both sides. Now question is: If you'll organize some attack on DB, will you be able to control warmongers or will your force act on grounds of fear and habit?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

The fight against the Dust Brigade and Cyborgs are both areas where I believe Omni-Tek-Clan collaboration is both desirable and necessary. I'd welcome any initiative of that nature.

Savoy

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    Reporter Chilia Moran

Let us not forget who brought the city to its current sorry state. It was the very same clanners who have brought the current conditions upon themselves. They want to clean out the city in earnest? Here is my suggestion: Carpet Bombing. That would remove the stench of murderers and thieves and at the same time also clean the water as there would be no clanners left who could step through it with their dirty feet.
    You speak words from my very heart.
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

And to miss Marisha (who'll acuse me of calling her names...again)...
    I don’t believe I’ve ever made that request from you. I did ask you to stop putting words in my mouth, and claiming that I had said thing I had not.

ICC never claimed Omni-Tek to be legal governing body on Rubi-Ka. They just leased mining rights to Corporation. Two different things.
    Can you explain why Omni-Tek is described as the superior governing body of Rubi-Ka as documented in the ICC lease of 28708 in the Tir Accords? The key phrase is “as documented in.” Were not just making stuff up to proclaim were the superior governing body. We are taking that claim from the lease itself.

Moreover, why can’t a corporation be a government? Are the two mutually exclusive? To steal a phrase from my worthy opponents, why must you force us to conform to your vision of how a government should work?

If this wouldn't be right you can bet ICC wouldn't keep it's personel on planet. Neither would Omni-Tek allowed them to be stationed here.
    In 29443, the ICC created the ICC Peacekeeping Forces, and stationed them at all the large corporate run colonies. It was part of the cross corporate reparations that came out of the corporate wars. The ICC presence on Rubi-Ka underscores our importance to the galaxy, and our acceptance of them underscores our compliance with ICC regulations.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

I love this dedicated roleplay.. hey the news are really gr8
    /tell Cashup

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast