Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: AO Linux HOWTO

That is because Ove just merged that one patch into CVS and I haven't gotten the email yet and the script is not smart enough to know that. I removed that patch from the list since it's not needed anymore. Just run:
    sh InstallAOCedega.sh restart
    to force it to begin anew instead of trying to pickup where it left off.

Its great to be able to fix problems remotely
    Check out my HOWTO run AO in Linux: https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...hreadid=321249

Ok, got past that...

Now I can log in, select my char, but when i launch I get a :

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Funcom\Anarchy Online\anarchy.exe

abnormal program termination

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I did download the msvcrt.dll file and put it in the system folder. system32 is a link to system folder.
    should I delete that and actually make a system32 folder?

doh never mind, permissions issue.

in game and working... slow as molasses though gonna keep fiddling with it.

thanks for the help!

EOF from server, retry number 1

Every single time, while running InstallAOCedega as root. I've let it, no joy. Ehh, running on FC2.
    Retail "Shabura" Worker, level 214 Trader Lewt
    Chronic "Bhalash" Fumbler, level 202 Nano-Technician Lewt

Quote Originally Posted by Bhalash
    EOF from server, retry number 1

Every single time, while running InstallAOCedega as root. I've let it, no joy. Ehh, running on FC2.
    This is because cvs is unable to connect to the server. Transgaming's cvs srever gets hammered at times, and they only have a limited number of slots. People who do a full checkout, or refresh as it is called within the script take up a lot more time on the server than those who only update changed files. Keep trying and expect it to be slow if you are having a hard time connecting. Alternately, try the checkout at non peak hours. If the problem persists, hop on to #cedega at irc.freenode.net and maybe someone with the proper access will be able to free dead slots.
    Check out my HOWTO run AO in Linux: https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...hreadid=321249

Ahh, I see.

EDIT: There's either some fierce traffic on your site, or you need more bandwith. Going on four days now without being able to connect.
    Last edited by Bhalash; Aug 25th, 2004 at 18:29:32.

Exclamation

i get this error msg after i accept the EULA:

Done building font metrics
    fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not found!
    Using closest match instead (Norwegian keyboard layout) for scancode mapping.
    Please define your layout in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
    to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
    See the Wine User Guide, chapter "Keyboard" for more information.
    err:task:GetThreadQueue16 Breaking 16 bit for tid 2
    err:task:GetThreadQueue16 Breaking 16 bit for tid 2
    err:task:GetThreadQueue16 Breaking 16 bit for tid 3
    err:win:CreateWindowExW bad class name L"{8856F961-340A-11D0-A96B-00C04FD705A2}"
    fixme:ddraw:DirectDrawEnumerateExA no non-display devices supported.
    fixme:ddraw:DirectDrawEnumerateExA no detached secondary devices supported.
    wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
    err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("programs/winedbg/winedbg -- --auto 1 84") (2)
    Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger
    linux:~/.aocedega/c_drive/Funcom/Anarchy Online #

what am i missing?
    (linux n00b):)

After a couple of days I can say that this is AWESOME! Downloaded the new NVIDIA drivers and overall performance is great!

A couple of minor problems so far:
    1. Whenever the AO window loses it's focus, due to minimizing or switching to browser to look something up, when I go back to AO I get the dreaded white snowman graphics syndrome.

2. I've noticed a couple of times while playing for over an hour or so things get really slow, after a few minutes it clears up. Not sure what that is, might be my system running something in the background... need to look into that a little more.

Talking I've been waiting my whole life!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Like some, AO is the only reason holding me on to windows. I'm goin to set up my box this weekend and give this a try. This is so AWSOME! I went 2 years MS windows free till funcom released AO a ways back. Now I can have my cake and eat it to! I'll post any findings or problems. FYI, I've always stuck with NV cards WOOT!

RBK2 Highttower, Agent 175

As for ATI cards, did anyone try my patch ? I'd like to know if it works as well for other people as it does for me.
    Anyway, it shouldn't be an issue when transgaming release a new paying version, as they told me the thing I fixed to make VBO work is already fixed in their internal source tree.

However, it seems they're not keen on the idea of merging it on the public CVS version however, as it seems to belong to the improvements of the paying version that they don't want to put in the public version.
    Last edited by MORB; Aug 26th, 2004 at 08:54:49.

AO and related utils is the only reason I run windows, so huge thank you for getting this working!

On the other hand I'm not going to try until I hear this runs AI. I don't want to get spoiled

Well I officially give up. I just get EOF messages when I try to download, even after your help. After running the script about 20 times over the past few days, I still get stonewalled by EOF errors.

Quote Originally Posted by MORB
    As for ATI cards, did anyone try my patch ? I'd like to know if it works as well for other people as it does for me.
    Anyway, it shouldn't be an issue when transgaming release a new paying version, as they told me the thing I fixed to make VBO work is already fixed in their internal source tree.

However, it seems they're not keen on the idea of merging it on the public CVS version however, as it seems to belong to the improvements of the paying version that they don't want to put in the public version.
    I tried the patch, and I still get like 1-3 fps, very slow I cannot do anything, this is on a ati 9700 mobility

Quote Originally Posted by Bhalash
    Well I officially give up. I just get EOF messages when I try to download, even after your help. After running the script about 20 times over the past few days, I still get stonewalled by EOF errors.
    Were you able to use cvs to download another project, like www.winehq.com? It could be an ISP issue. We had someone in irc not be able to access cvs because packets were getting dropped. In anycase, if you cant get it work no matter what, my patches will be a part of the next official binary release. It will be a lot easier to install and also perform better than the cvs version too. I would actually recommend everyone use the binary release when it becomes available.
    Last edited by Bounsar; Aug 27th, 2004 at 01:29:56.

A binary release sounds just the job.

nevermind, problem solved. (regarding issue with nvidia drivers and TLS)

Now, audio, is that hard to fix?
    Last edited by Sujendran; Aug 28th, 2004 at 05:17:41.
    In absence of light, only darkness can save you

Question

Hi!

I'm gonna try install this to

Any recomendations about which distribution to use?
    Last edited by Fekal; Aug 28th, 2004 at 08:27:35.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Mandrake is pretty good for Linux newbies like myself (that's if you can stand using a French OS of course )

Talking

As long as I don't install it in French, I don't have a problem with it
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Default download language is English if you download it from www.mandrakelinux.com/en. Have fun

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast