Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021

Thread: AO Linux HOWTO

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderw View Post
    ok trying to get Cedega to work

installed the client opened it up logged in

set up a AO folder and pointed a short cut at my current install.... and thats where it ends

nothing happens when I select yhe shortcut and press play
    Make sure cedega is set to use the Anarchy online profile, the working directory is set to your ao directory (if working dir isn't set it won't work right) as well as having it pointed to the right executable file.

Also consider hit the alerts button if it becomes clickable to review errors.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

oh did all of that...

turned out cedega didnt set up my acccount properly had it set as a trail account so i had no engine to work with.

atm it's not seeing my NVIDA drivers or that I have direct rendering support so I can log in and play the game but the preformance it worse than wine.. starting to think I'm wasting my money cause I tried it with guild wars and it's the same deal
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

It worked for me out-of-the-box with crossover. I get the same lag problems as everyone else who uses a variant of wine when patching though.
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

cantacted cedega support they asked me to copy over the sytem info and emial it to them

been about a week so far no answer

as for crossover if I'm having troubles with one paid app I dont want to waste my money on another until I figure out what's going on
    Last edited by Alexanderw; Jun 12th, 2009 at 02:20:05.
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

I found a way to speed up AO by more than 50% and posted it to the Cedega board:
    http://www.cedega.com/forums/viewtop...?p=58882#58882

It is two minutes of work to set it up.
    The game mentioned in this post is AO, Borealis near prison watching a wall.

Using Ubuntu 9.04 with Nvidia 8600M GT (drv 185.18.14), I have corrupted graphics (transparent textures here and there all around, red surfaces in the grid).

It used to work quite good before 18.1.1 update but since, graphics are pretty messy.
    Does anyone experience the same lately?

lil'

PS : Using wine 1.1.24 btw

Quote Originally Posted by littlepad View Post
    Using Ubuntu 9.04 with Nvidia 8600M GT (drv 185.18.14), I have corrupted graphics (transparent textures here and there all around, red surfaces in the grid).

It used to work quite good before 18.1.1 update but since, graphics are pretty messy.
    Does anyone experience the same lately?

lil'

PS : Using wine 1.1.24 btw
    A little bird told me you should use Windows to do the 18.0 -> 18.1 patching. Personally I don't know, I haven't played since before 18.1 was released to live.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Redid the patching on windows and I have the same symptoms unfortunately.
    I didn't try to run the game with windows tho as I don't have real windows to do the test, I used vmware to do the patching process.

Ain't really playable for me currently.

lil'

'forgot to update this thread but with Wine 1.1.25, graphics are ok, patching process wasn't involved in the problem.
    But, we still have an issue with the next patch if we can't use the old anarchypatcher to update under Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepad View Post
    'forgot to update this thread but with Wine 1.1.25, graphics are ok, patching process wasn't involved in the problem.
    But, we still have an issue with the next patch if we can't use the old anarchypatcher to update under Linux.
    I'm looking into ies4linux since someone from FC mentioned that it might make their patcher work.

Wine 1.1.25 has a down/upside, it makes my EVE crash after a random time on system changes.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021