Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aberic is Omni Again.

Aberic is Omni Again.

I am truely disapointed that Omni Tek has accepted the application of this convicted trator, and that he is once more on the payroll of our great company.

As of this morning (12/06/29475) this is his bio

Joesph "Aberic" Capo
    Level : 172

Dimension : 1

Breed : Solitus

Faction : Omni

Profession : Martial Artist

Two days ago his bio read Faction: Neutral.

/OOC: I can't belive that funcom went to all the trouble of the trial, but didn't code in a application block for Aberic. We actually I can belive it.

The punishment was a joke. 25 Mill was duped within 3 hours, The appology was a sham, the probation most likely broken within 24 hours, and now Aberic is Omni again.

Just perma ban them all.
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

A commendable bit of spywork. Fortunately, Aberic was eligible for amnesty, by definition, the moment he lost Omni citizenship. Ironically, this stems from the inflexible enforcement of the Amnesty program which Aberic fought against.

Has Aberic had the last laugh, or was this loophole left open intentionally?

/ooc

You might want to have some evidence before you accuse a guild of duping credits. I myself have over 25 mill credits in petty cash just from selling the crap I pick up in missions. Now imagine an entire guild of high level players. Don't even imagine, just look for yourself:

http://info.osc.no/ftj/The_Dark_Carnival.html

This kind of blind, jealous whining is expected from sworn enemies of DC... but from Div 9?
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.

Outrage <> Whining

Point taken about the accusations of duping. But it is not a far step when Truwind openly admitted exploiting tokens in the trial.

Your comment about the abundance for credits for a guild of high level just emphasizes the "slap on the wrist" quality of the judgment handed down.

It is not whining to express outrage at justice being circumvented. A trial was held. A verdict rendered. A punishment was set. And the net result ended up being no meaningful change.
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops

Re: Outrage <> Whining

Which is exactly why amnesty needs to go! It will punish no one and only serves to cause more problems then it could ever hope to solve. Mr. Ross should have saw this coming but obviously no thought was put into this decision .

Wow, just like real life government, scary.

Originally posted by Wyndrunneer
    It is not whining to express outrage at justice being circumvented. A trial was held. A verdict rendered. A punishment was set. And the net result ended up being no meaningful change.

Hmm, didn't see Tokenfarmer on that roster.
    Katelin "Elasii" McCovery

Elizabet "Elizabetha" Suitt (retired soldier)

Division 9 R.S.G.E

Wynd- Wow what transcript are you reading? Obviously not the trial one.
    Truwind
    134th Doc
    Director of Dark Carnival
    Slayer of Snarf and his Merry men
    Destoyer of Destux and his gimps

OOC
    Truwind never admitted to cheating for tokens in the trial.

He only does that on OT Faction Leaders channel.

Get it straight :P

Why... oh why, doesn't smack these token whores around with the Ban stick?

OOC
    The anger being expressed toward DC is a combination of many things, IC or OOC.

1. (IC/OOC)Truwind's arrogant attitude. He claims it's RP, but from how he acts (well at least with me and a few other well-known leaders) it sure doesnt' seem like it.

2.(OOC) DC members harassing others during the trial.

3. (OOC)Truwind screaming like a baby "I'm quitting AO if you punish me"

4. (OOC)Truwind's open admission of exploiting.

5. (IC/OOC)Mocking of the punishment, and the statement (said on leaders channel) "25m illion credits is a lot for any guild other than DC"

6. (OOC) Mocking of other guilds because he feels he's superior (check trial logs or im sure someone who can hear Truwind on leader channel)

So you might want to rethink why you might consider the hatred "unjust". He's earning it from both sides... RP and otherwise.

Apology

Having re-read the long transcripts of the trial, I cannot find a statement I said that Truwind had made. I apologize for the accusation that Truwind exploited tokens.

My only justification for my mistake is that it was a long trial, and there were many conversations going on at the same time.

If she does indeed have the 1000 token merit board that I hear she has, I’m sure she earned every one of them honestly.
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops

Wynd, may I refer you to my earlier post?

Just because it wasn't said in the trial doesn't mean it wasn't said.

In fact, Truwind mocked me just the other day for bringing up "old news" about her cheated tokens.

Not going to say that isn't so Capt., but I'm going to be able to back up my statements with documentation from now on. Well, I'll try to any way.

Crow doesn't taste to good, unless you have a Lot of pepper.
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops

Originally posted by CaptFallout
    OOC
    Truwind never admitted to cheating for tokens in the trial.

He only does that on OT Faction Leaders channel.

Get it straight :P

Why... oh why, doesn't smack these token whores around with the Ban stick?
    Who was it that admitted to buying tokens on the forums back when it was easier to trade NODROPs? I remember he was complaining that he couldn't use this uber merit badge because he didn't have a high enough title and said something like 'Yeah, I bought a lot of my tokens, but so did everyone else'? Wish I could remember who that was. Any bets on whether he was punished...

Scorus

OOC: What confuses me is why the people who had 1000 token board a month ago (yes, logs will show that) aren't banned.

Not only is it impossible, it's just so damn obvious it's insulting. Ban the token cheats and make them cry. Boo hoo.

Ya think Truwind will interrupt in a roleplaying event and say "I will be quitting AO because I am being punished for exploiting. Good bye".

Maybe this time he'll live up to his promise and cancel. I Guess he was expecting a worse punishment at the trial cause he sure didn't cancel.

IC: As for aberic, he is not eligable for amnesty. Omni-Tek ordered his punishment, and that forces an exception to the amnesty. So hopefully OT cracks down and slaps his law-breaking ass... again. He was supported by DC this time and that should not be forgotten.

here I go again

All this talk about exploited tokens..... hmmmm......

There was a time that Tokens could be bought, sold, and traded. Maybe that was not Funcoms intention, but they never made that intention clear. Likewise you could choose missions that guaranteed tokens. This being said the only way you could EXPLOIT tokens is to acquire them after they became nodrop notrade items. Before this it was not disallowed. Funcom saw a flaw in allowing it, because a high level player could farm tokens with a low level player and trade them to the high level. As you are accusing Truwind of EXPLOITTING tokens I assume you have some proof that she aquired them after they became nodrop notrade. Before that it was Funcom's poor planning and players had no way to know they weren't allowed to do it.

That being said... I do agree that the trial was a bit of a farce, because Aberic should of had at least some minimum time before he was allowed to return to Omni and the fine should've been a bit stiffer. We do have an amnesty, which allows people to come back. I have seen people who get the "Oops, You've made a Mistake" Item. That is what Aberic apparently effectively got. If funcom didn't want to allow the possibilities of this they would've used suppression gas and it's insane to think they'd permadeath someone who's put that much time into playing a character unless they were known exploiters. Accusations are worthless with no proof.

I support Phillip Ross's decision and the judges decision in the trial as they are my superiors, even though I would've preferred something stricter personally. Hopefully DC will be more loyal to Mr. Ross in the future.

General Eleetist
    D.A.R.C. Ops

Tokens have been NODROP from the day of release. There was an -exploit- early in the game that would allow NODROP items to be traded in a bag. There have been numerous -exploits- since then that also allowed NODROP items to be traded.

Tokens were never legitimately tradeable after the public release of the game.

Tokens were given as specific rewards for missions for the first few weeks of the game. I don't believe anyone managed to do 1000 of these missions in that time.

Think what you will. Funcom -intended- that a 1000 token board would require almost all 4 years of dedication to earn. Obviously, players running around with it after only a few months ruins the appeal.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Originally posted by Luxxan
    Tokens have been NODROP from the day of release. There was an -exploit- early in the game that would allow NODROP items to be traded in a bag. There have been numerous -exploits- since then that also allowed NODROP items to be traded.

Tokens were never legitimately tradeable after the public release of the game.

Tokens were given as specific rewards for missions for the first few weeks of the game. I don't believe anyone managed to do 1000 of these missions in that time.

Think what you will. Funcom -intended- that a 1000 token board would require almost all 4 years of dedication to earn. Obviously, players running around with it after only a few months ruins the appeal.
    Just what does Token farming have to do with Aberic being Omni again? Not being a smarta$$ just curious since I read this expecting that to be the topic.
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

The subject was a bit sidetracked because there really isn't anything else to say about Aberic. He's Omni again. Obviously, it was all a big PR scam by Omni, and I can't honestly say why the Clan media hasn't blown the top off this story yet. Probably because they're secretly working for Omni too.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Originally posted by Luxxan
    The subject was a bit sidetracked because there really isn't anything else to say about Aberic. He's Omni again. Obviously, it was all a big PR scam by Omni, and I can't honestly say why the Clan media hasn't blown the top off this story yet. Probably because they're secretly working for Omni too.
    LOL... you may be right.
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

good point

I guess I never checked the tokens description... I just didn't remember them being labled nodrop items early on. I never traded for any nor traded any so I wasn't aware that you had to go about it that way. Anyways... Funcom should know by now that Truwind acquired some of the tokens as apparently she announced over the guild leader chat and it's been talked about on here... I guess they don't consider it a punishable offense, since it was rather widespread. I guess since I am sitting on a lousey 69 tokens I will be gimped against any of these people... but I don't care that much... I can remeber being a noob and having some high level player offer me 20k creds for every token I could get him... I turned him down. LOL... Didn't know what the deal was with them at the time, but if they were worth 20k creds I figure they must be something good.

Sorry for any bad info I presented... but I guess I don't get too worked up on exploits and bugs after a GM told me that when Secundus Decus Pants had reqs of 10str and 10agil... that I should just go get a pair and use them if I want to compete at all in PvP... I was Level 8 at the time and could wear QL 90+ Pants. I guess I saw this as funcom openly suggesting that you should play with their bugs... I never did though... Guess I had too much principle as many of you do

General Eleetist

Early on there was no need to trade them because everyone just took the missions that offered tokens. Then they made it so that there was no way to know if you would get a token and there was this huge scare when high levels (i.e. 50+ at that time) were reporting that they were having difficulties getting them. Then the race to buy was on.

Scorus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast