Thread: Mort "Nothingface" Rainey

Mort "Nothingface" Rainey

He woke up in a ditch, half covered in dust, surrounded by ruble and acute fires. The world was a blur, and he had no idea how he got there. Mort threw himself over onto his back and looked up into the sky while wrenching his face in pain. He looked down at his stomach and a large metal pole had been impailing him for how long he does not know. His black, unknown outfit was covered in blood and he couldn't move his lower extremities.

After about fifteen minutes or so, ten soldiers showed up, completly shrouded in black, with small logos that read "OT" on their chests. They picked him up on a stretcher that was clearly labeled "Omni-Med" and carried him into a large hover-craft. The world went black.

A few days later he woke up in a white, sterile room, lights blazing in his eyes causing him to squint for dear life. What had happened before this room was not so clear to him, but he did remember emerging in a ditch and a group of mysterious soldiers showing up. He arose from the bed and looked around. There were no windows, only a few buzzing machines and himself. The room was padded with soft, matress like textures and a door with a small slot for looking through across the room. Had he gone insane? Where was he and why was he being contained.

Three hours had passed while Mort pondered, wondering what exactly had happened. He heard footsteps outside his door, a man opened the slot to the door, looked at him in a mysterious way and mumbled something to someone who had been standing next to him. The room went dark and he lost conciousness once again.

This time he woke up in a small town, just outside the gates, laying in the grass as if someone had placed him their. He fumbled around and found a small computer strapped to his wrist that displayed his current position. He was just outside Borealis. He stumbled into town, watching as people rushed by him, some stopping to talk to others, some ignoring the entire world around them. He came to a tall woman, by the name of Falikos, he explained that he could not remember anything, the only images in his mind were the ditch and the soldiers. He couldn't even remember his own name. The woman comforted him and told him to give it time and then wished him good luck.

Another day passed and he came to find out that he had been employed under the Omni-Tek corporation. His name, Mort Rainey had also became clear to him. Wondering around the streets of Borealis, he happens upon another woman, with sleek black hair and an outfit exactly the same as his. Her name, was Paxcorpus. He started up a conversation of small talk with her, a few minutes passed and she went on with little dabbles of her own business. Then asked him to join her in the local Advanced/Superior shop, Fair Trade, because it had become far too noisy outside to carry on a calm conversation.

They arrived inside of the store and she asked him whether or not she should really buy a certain gun that he had never heard of anyway. He looked around nervously for a moment and then responded... "Sure...". Paxcorpus then ran outside, grabbed her gun and handed him a lower quality of the same gun. The enscryption on the side read "Blackbird". He replied with a thank you for the exchange, and she took him into the lounge area, and asked him to share with her information about himself. He simply told her that he could not remember anything, and explained what he could. Then the idea to visit Omni-HQ came up, reluctant at first, he then agreed and asked if she would come along.

The two of them arrived in Omni-Ent. His mind jolted with a flash-back and the city park became a clear, yet strange memory. They walked in and he had memories of being there, but had no idea why. She offered him some food, and they sat down so he could further ponder what exactly had happened recently with his life.

((OOC: lvl 27 fixer, just getting myself back into the RP scene. tell me what you think, or feel free to write something to expand))

((well go on then!! ))
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I arrived in Rome. After deciding against going to HQ after the recent break-outs of violence, Pax suggested we use the terminal in her apartment, for safer access.

The cold steel door slowly slid open as we entered her apartment. The world moved in slow motion, I could only imagine what I may or may not discover. I sat down at the terminal, logged in and entered my name. The following information displayed:

Mort 'Nothingface" Rainey - Omni-Pol Elite General of Special Task Force team #AE456I9

::This Information is Top Secret. Unauthorized personal will be rooted out and obtained::

Most recent objectives:

Infiltrate a top secret Clan base and retrieve information on an item they may be developing.

Incomplete

Report from HQ:

Three hours after extraction, we recieved a call via Comm from General Mort's ship. There was violent screaming, loud garbeled voices. The only thing we could make out follows-

"........You're one o...Di..."

Soon after an abrupt pulse of static went across the waves, and the signal was lost. Mort Rainey and his team were presumed dead.

We recovered Mort, but the rest of his crew were KIA. We transported him to Omni-Med, Sanitarium Section B.

::End Transmission::

I logged off in disbelief. "Well this explains why I was half-dead in a ditch, but it still leaves a few things unnanswered. For example what exaclty happened inside that ship? or Why was I detained inside of a Sanitarium?" Pax replied "Guess they fried your memories real good."

We both sat for a minute and pondered, revolving the recent information in and out of our minds. "There's gotta be someone who may have the answers..." I put my hand to my head as if I had just gotten the worst migraine. "But according to the logs it was only you they recovered." said Pax. I opened my eyes wide "That either means everyone else died...or..." Blood rushed to my head. Pax grinned wickedly "Or maybe you killed 'em. Take everything into consideration. You were the only one left alive, you were detained in an Asylum and they obviously don't want you to remember something." Pax suggested. I banged my head against the wall "Did I betray Omni-tek? Did I turn a successful mission into a blood-bath?" Pax stared him in the eyes "Don't think like that, people die everyday. You've gotta stop pushing it. Give it time and it will come. But I suggest while you're doing that you keep a good eye out for yourself, you never know who might decide to stab you in the back."

I gathered myself and thanked Pax for allowing me to use her terminal. "I will contact you again when anything more comes up." I picked myself up off the ground and left her apartment. The pouring down rain inside of the dark backyard seemed to be appropriate, like ideas and memories throwing themselves at me with blinding speed.

(( dun dUN DUN! ))

Flashback
    The final bullet casing delivered from my clip hit the hard steel floor. Time seemed to slow down as the metal clinging chimed in at the morbid sound of dead flesh slamming against the walls. The hammer in my gun clicked. I stood dazed for a few seconds as the fresh smell of ripped and torn flesh returned my mind to reality.

I stared at the recent carnage I had created. Blood dripped from my forehead and trickled down into my mouth, releasing a metallic taste all over my tongue. My legs caved in and I collapsed to the floor of the ship. A manic depressive wail of alarms and sirens went off from the ships main controls. A stray bullet had breached the hull. Millions of tiny voices started screaming in my head, the world must be coming to an end, because nothing can explain to Omni-pol what I have done. I started to bang my sweaty, caulus fists into my forehead, forcing myself to believe that this all was just a bad dream and I was having trouble waking up. It wasn't working, the ship continued to carry me to my death, flying through the air like one of the many bullets I had fired through the delicate flesh of my teammates.

I dragged myself across the steadily inclining, jagged floor. Shards of metal peirced through my armor and cut deep into my skin. I slammed my fist down onto the hatch release button just above the throttle control, releasing the dead bodies into random areas of Omni Forest that would soon be recovered. I angled myself towards the opening. How could I possibly make this look like a freak accident. Irrational thoughts raced through my brain. I picked up a long metal pole that had snapped loose from the ceiling, and drove it through my stomach. The cold, sharp feeling mixed with feelings of agonizing pain rushed through my fatiqued body. Blood gushed from the gaping hole. I let go of my restraints and sent myself sailing through the air, as the ship followed after me.
    Last edited by Nothingface; Aug 11th, 2004 at 09:57:45.

Blue shimmering lights encircled my slender form. Everything around me, the sun, the hard gravel I'm standing on, and the rain; it all slowly drifted away into nothingness. My body began to dissipate into small blue ones and zeros, and I vanished into the Fixer Grid. I decided to take the route I had dreaded for days, the only way to get the real answers, once and for all.

Omni-HQ

While standing in front of the large, sky-scraping building, awaiting an answer from inside to whether or not they will let me in, I admired the architecture. Tall, dark, somewhat brooding textures; a large corporate logo in the center of the building's face, splashed with blue neon. A voice came over the city comm, "Omni-Tek is your friend." Even the very ground I stand on seems as if it's a work of art. I came to realize, that if Omni-tek could pour so much sweat and blood into making the cities look perfect, and keeping everything orderly; then what I've done, will surely promise me the worst future I could ever imagine.---

Flashback

I slung the black, leather bag over my shoulder. The very bag that contained a hard-disk revealing almost every top-secret project the Clans have been working on for the past few years, something that would be worth a whole lot of credits on the streets.

"Good work guys! Settle down and smoke 'em if ya got 'em" I said as I depressed the hatch button, which caused the ship to secure the team and begin to carry us to safety. I looked out the window at the decrepet, broken down town of West Athens. Mindless terrorists roamed the streets, completely unaware of anything strange. "This is what happens when you send the BEST team ever to be employed by Omni-Tek into enemy territory" I thought to myself as I lit up a cigarrete, specially manufactured by OT of course. The smoke curled around my fingers and spread across the ceiling of the ship. I took a deep, relaxing breath; and then I heard them. "Kill your teammates!" - "Take the disk! Sell it!" - "Kill them!" - "Kill them!!" - "Do it!" - "You KNOW you want to!" - "Come on you wimp!" - "Just do it!" - "KILL THEM ALL!".

As if I were suddenly possesed by the Devil himself, I picked up my S.M.G. that had been resting on the gun rack. I slowly pulled back the safety, slammed a clip into gun and cocked the chamber. The cold steel engulfed all the warmth of my hands, my entire body began to go numb. One single bead of sweat dripped down my forehead, I took one last look at my teammates. I squeezed the trigger.---

The truth and it's consequences

My mind slammed back into reality and I realized what I must do, for the rest of my life. Run..run like hell. I trembled to press the right buttons on my wrist pad to give me secure, safe access back home. "There he is! Get him!" Omni-tek soldiers began surrounding me, smirking at me, almost taunting me to make a move. I typed faster; one of the guards aimed at me and shot a single bullet, directly into my shoulder. Blood splattered through the air, splashing on another guards suit. I lost grip of my wristpad and bellowed in pain. Adrenaline began to pump through my vanes, I reached back to my wristpad and made one last calculation. "What? Are you friggin' retarded? Put your hands in the air and STOP what you're doing!" barked one of the guards as I pounded the final key, which sent me hurtling at light speed into the grid. I was safe, for now.

( OOC: it's about 6am, so if there are any typos, please forgive me ;p )

((00c:You said feel free to write some expansion so here goes ))

Naefen woke up in hes chair in the office he had been given not 2 months ago. The bottle on hes desk was empty and someone had been in with some reports he was supposed to look at. He threw the bottle into the waste-disposal shaft and looked at the file. Then he let out a long, tired sigh before picking them up.
    One by one they followed the bottle into the shaft until he saw one that looked more interesting than the others.

It was about Mort Rainey. He had been on a mission to recover secrets of some clan missions. It seemed he had decided to keep the secrets to himself killing hes crew in the prosess. Naefen smiled vaguely and nodded to himself before continuing.
    The report ended with an incident in OmniHQ where this Mr.Rainey had escaped detention by the guards.
    "Not bad." Naefen thought to himself.
    "Maybe this is the kind of guy I need."

The delivery boy came in as usual with todays bottle of wine. He was quickly dismissed. No tip either.

"I have things to do again." Naefen mumbled to himself as the door closed behind the boy.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats