Thread: Doing minimum damage all the time!

Doing minimum damage all the time!

Alright I've rerolled an adventurer and so far focused on heals. All the way trough 1-80 this has been flawless! Very effective.

Now that I want to do some actual damage, I find myself in a very strange situtation. None of my weapons in the range of 1hedged work at hecklers nor the other SL mobs.

No one is forcing me into SL, but it would be fun to at least do half of my damage there.

Right now I'm using a ql 179 Sol Fire Executioner Type F.
    Does around 130 damage per hit on Elysium Hecklers with 900 AR.

Gelid Blades would change this I'm sure. But I'm not in the shoes to get one and neither is my org. And what happends when you hit the MBR with gelids? They have 1200 MBR and sols have 2500 MBR.

That's what this thread is about I guess - because if there aren't any better news, I might as well ipreset and go 2hedged and gimp myself, rather than doing this minimum damage.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but all hecklers in SL (or about 99% of the time) have insane AC's, and everyone 99% of the time will do the min damage of their weapons on them. This has been the idea since SL came out, and we all had to re-evaluate our weapon situations. RK weapons are no longer uber in SL.

A weapon that is 200-300 (50) is a billion times better in SL than weapon that had always been awesome...the RoP....which is 40-500 (250). Min damage is all that matters anymore, max damage is useless.

If you plan on playing in the SL, and you should because the XP is incredibly, you need min damage weapons. If money and man power is tight, I recommend using a QL 105 Crispy Chiroptera, going rate about 15-20 mills, and then try to get yourself an IceBound Heart from the Inner Sanctum. A million times easier to get than a Gelid, but just not as good min damage wise. Either way you'll be much better off.
    ++***Forsaken Guild***++

Angelo "Johnnybegood" Aribaderci: 220 Adventurer - Melee Extraordinaire
    Nicholas "Trantice" Copernicus: 205 Adventurer - Ranged Mayhem
    Nicholas "Trantice02" Copernicus: 200 Keeper - Love Child
    Final "Cecilix" Fantasy: 165 Enforcer - *Yawn*

++***Forsaken Guild***++

Been considering the Chiropteras, but they are also having that low MBS! :/ Get's me worried how I will do in the higher lvls.

Also, I don't find the "Sneak Attack" requirement very ammusing but, I guess I'll have to go with that then. Money is no problem, really.

Strange that nasc hecklers didn't seem to have this much AC's at the time we hit them, I did well on those. Oh well.

Thanks alot for your help man, appreciate it tons.

Dude, don't get so hung up on MBS. If you were ranged your end game weapon would have an MBS of 1000, so trust me I say don't complain. This is the reality of the game atm, its not pick and choose. Eventually near 200+ you'll use a Shank of Maze for good backstab's, and they have oustanding MBS.
    ++***Forsaken Guild***++

Angelo "Johnnybegood" Aribaderci: 220 Adventurer - Melee Extraordinaire
    Nicholas "Trantice" Copernicus: 205 Adventurer - Ranged Mayhem
    Nicholas "Trantice02" Copernicus: 200 Keeper - Love Child
    Final "Cecilix" Fantasy: 165 Enforcer - *Yawn*

++***Forsaken Guild***++

I'm sure that the reason none of the Nas mobs have high AC value is simply because of the level range that is supposed to be there. About the highest person you'll see out there is 75ish that can still get ok xp. At <75 you really have no weapons that have a high min damage that you can use either because of prohibitive IP use or because most people at low level prefer fast light hits to slow hard hits as their inits aren't too high.
    If you let them f*** you
    There will be no foreplay,
    Rest assured, they'll screw you complete
    'Til your a** is blue and grey

-Incubus

Ikagawa: First MA to be dropped by a QB wielding NT. I hate you Fallenhex! Veteran, Opposing Force
    Arienne, Former Squad Commander of the Dominatrix Society of Tir, Atlantean
    Stretdoc, Rimor

Trantice: I wasn't complaining, I was seeking advice and brought up the problems that I saw. I've bought myself one of those Chiropteras and I'm going to twink em in by tonight.

Thanks again

Originally posted by Trantice
    A weapon that is 200-300 (50) is a billion times better in SL than weapon that had always been awesome...the RoP....which is 40-500 (250). Min damage is all that matters anymore, max damage is useless.
    Well combo of both is the best. RoP is still uber on Adonis hecklers. Because the RoP does Chemical damage you don't hit min damage all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psythe View Post
    I have learned that most of the community is, for lack of a better word, dumb.
    R.I.P. Breyers

Im testing Crispy Chia-Pet (I invented that nickname) with SoC now, previously had a Chia/Gelid and before that 2x Gelids for awhile.

Quite often, the Chia does 512-2300 damage, seems the AR cap isnt 100% for my AR, unless I'm figuring something wrong in the dmg formula. Crispys still do great damage at L200. I need to play around with them & see what happend with a few hours with the damage dumper.

Cant beat a 13k backstab on a SoC. First one was on Tara 3 minutes after I equipped it. Now into day #2 with it =)

Even when I was L150ish and did hecklers, my QL200 SOL Fs barely tickled them. I didnt say anything because the tank wasnt very good, and if I got better weapons, I'd be dead meat! I think I did 200 damage with them, buffed and in Kitty form.

Save up for a Chia.
    Last edited by Viss; Aug 3rd, 2004 at 13:20:16.
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

If you're on RK1, have a few friends with Inner Sanctum Knowledge, and some time to kill...send me a tell. The only hard part about Inobak is pulling him really.

If you don't have your Inner Sanctum Knowledge, please don't send me a tell asking for IS help though. I've helped people farm so many hundreds of perm keys that...well I'm done with it. Killing the IS level 2 bosses for keys doesn't take a raid sized group...just a good team of Tl5 & 6 people...
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Originally posted by Glarawyn
    If you're on RK1, have a few friends with Inner Sanctum Knowledge, and some time to kill...send me a tell. The only hard part about Inobak is pulling him really.

If you don't have your Inner Sanctum Knowledge, please don't send me a tell asking for IS help though. I've helped people farm so many hundreds of perm keys that...well I'm done with it. Killing the IS level 2 bosses for keys doesn't take a raid sized group...just a good team of Tl5 & 6 people...
    wtb glara <3 for maw powahs

anyway, if you got your IS knowledge Ill be in the raidcrew to help you grab some gelids
    Iminay Field Marshall 218/17 ::: Imicrat Exp Totem 200/6
    "In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and drama"

Brothers of Kai
    in memory of BoB