Thread: Just some noob enforcer questions...

Just some noob enforcer questions...

Ok, rolled up an Atrox Enforcer. I know what you're thinking...not another one. Things have been going well so far, profession is pretty straight forward, target attack and cycle through specials keeping the finger on that first-aid stim just in case. Seems like a no brainer solo, need to get to grouping soon to start figuring out agro management. My questions so far mainly deal with soloing and setup, I'm sure I'll have more when I start grouping.

1) How do yall pull the first room in a mission, the one with the triplets? So far it's been an excercise in extreme patience and timing to solo pull those things, is there a quicker way, do yall suggest maybe a very low level pistol to pull one from range?

2) Is there a way to "stick" to a mob. In DAoC there was a /stick command which acted as a follow for mobs and would bring you into range of the mob and keep you on them until they died or you had to switch targets, is their something similar here?

3) Dimach and Riposte, should I bother with these skills? I like the idea of a backup "Harm Touch" in case of emerciencies, but riposte doesn't seem to work at all, keeps telling me I can't perform that action when I'm fighting melee types.

Ok, next ones are group based, but figured they're pretty much the basics so I should know about them now...

4) Agro-management. Does it matter if I'm duel wielding fast 1 handed weapons or slower 2 handed weapons when it comes to maintaining agro? So far I'm setup for duel-wielding 1 handed blunts, but I've been considering going the Beam route if I can ever find one.

5) Is there an "assist" command. I played a mezzer in DAoC so I'll be damned if I become one of "those" tanks that breaks mezz everytime it's cast.

These may have been answered before by someone else, but there are so many posts about how bad enforcers have it to wade through that I just couldn't find these answers.

Re: Just some noob enforcer questions...

1) How do yall pull the first room in a mission, the one with the triplets? So far it's been an excercise in extreme patience and timing to solo pull those things, is there a quicker way, do yall suggest maybe a very low level pistol to pull one from range?

Go slowly into the first room. Do not attack anything. Walk, don't run. Try to get in direct line of sight of one of them (the closest one, and without beeing too close to the others, if possible), run back to the first room, and kill it there. Works 97% of the time, except for in teammissins, where mobs seem to have slighlty longer aggro-range.

2) Is there a way to "stick" to a mob. In DAoC there was a /stick command which acted as a follow for mobs and would bring you into range of the mob and keep you on them until they died or you had to switch targets, is their something similar here?

You have the /follow command, which lets you follow whatever you have targetted (be it a mob, teammember, scan term, bank). Is that what you were looking for? Be ware! It is somewhat bugged/has pathing issues.

3) Dimach and Riposte, should I bother with these skills? I like the idea of a backup "Harm Touch" in case of emerciencies, but riposte doesn't seem to work at all, keeps telling me I can't perform that action when I'm fighting melee types.

Riposte is not worth it IMHO unless you're an MA with a shield requiring riposte. Riposte is a "make mobs deal damage to themselves instead of you" that I think only applies for one attack.
    Dimach is required for many weapons. Keep it high enough for the weapons. Not higher. When you have IP you don't know where to spend, you might as well piut it there, but for an attack that can only be used every half hour.... For PvP, it rocks. AnMA killed me in 3 secs, with brawl, dimach, MA special attack, melle-combo-thingy. But the recharge is SO slow it hurts.
    Besides, it's really expensive. Our nanoskills are lagging enough allready.

Ok, next ones are group based, but figured they're pretty much the basics so I should know about them now...

4) Agro-management. Does it matter if I'm duel wielding fast 1 handed weapons or slower 2 handed weapons when it comes to maintaining agro? So far I'm setup for duel-wielding 1 handed blunts, but I've been considering going the Beam route if I can ever find one.

Don't know. If your damageoutput isn't high enough to keep aggro, there is allways mongo slam, Da Taunter, Aggro Enhancer, taunts.

5) Is there an "assist" command. I played a mezzer in DAoC so I'll be damned if I become one of "those" tanks that breaks mezz everytime it's cast.

/assist
    Btw, if you're the tank, others will most likely /assist YOU.

These may have been answered before by someone else, but there are so many posts about how bad enforcers have it to wade through that I just couldn't find these answers.

Try one of the sticky threads.

Almost forgot:
    Official enforcer sticky thread

Third post. Posted by GummizLuv. There's the place to look for enforcer tips.

Have fun!

Thanx for the info Skybert, appreciate you taking the time out to help out a new enforcer. /follow was what I was looking for, figured that was the most important of all my questions since we're melee types and getting into range is critical.

Allways time for new enforcers. We got to take care of our own, you know

/assist enfBob

great macro for rest of team. notice the name at the end of the command. no more having to target the 'right' person. the only downside is that you have to recreate the macro when the tank changes; but that is rather easy.

i've not experimented with following a pecific target.

shift-r brings up a list that you can scroll up and down with your up/down arrows. this list has the people that have recently sent you tells. very useful.

Arrow pulling

The trick with pulling is to never attack a mob whilst it is in the same room as another mob or mobs - this pretty much guarantees aggro from the lot. So do as the man says, go in, get attention, run out, start fight once mob follows you out. You can set your agg/def to below halfway to disable auto attack (or just turn it off once 14.4 hits ) - but I don't usually do this and can pull ok.

Also, if a mob starts to attack you whilst in the same room as its mates, this can also aggro them but doesn't always (unless you fight back of course).

Try and arrange it so you can just walk forward to get attention, then you can run backwards into the previous room easily - turning can be too slow...

i used to be a fan of backing into a room so i could run out at full tilt.

this was kind of thrown out the window last time i played because of the new mob agro rules. haven't played in a bit so i don't know.

we all have to relearn pulling. when they change things again, we'll all have to relearn pulling. when they change things ...

Originally posted by Thyrra
    /assist enfBob

great macro for rest of team. notice the name at the end of the command. no more having to target the 'right' person. the only downside is that you have to recreate the macro when the tank changes; but that is rather easy.

i've not experimented with following a pecific target.

shift-r brings up a list that you can scroll up and down with your up/down arrows. this list has the people that have recently sent you tells. very useful.
    he-ey!
    Didn't know you could assist a specific target.
    Nice!