Thread: 13.4 : PvP change

Post 13.4 : PvP change

A warning will now be given if you try to attack a player who is in a group outside of your PvP level range.

Does this mean that if you try to attack them, you'll have to hit Q a second time for the attack to actually go through?

And, hopefully this won't happen when they attack you first and you autoattack them back.

Originally posted by starknaked
    Does this mean that if you try to attack them, you'll have to hit Q a second time for the attack to actually go through?

And, hopefully this won't happen when they attack you first and you autoattack them back.
    It only applies when you are about to attack first, not return an attack. It's simply meant as a "are you sure you want to attack this guy?" warning.

And you will get a popup box asking whether you really want to attack. No hitting 'Q' twice.

Cz

Unhappy Should I be scared?

If this means we can attack players above out grouping does this also mean that high lvl players can initiate combat with low lvl players as well? Should I be scared?

Be afraid be very afraid... you know what's scary? Try taking on a level 124 agent when you are 92 =) That was quite fun including the trip to my regen terminal. IMO I'd like to do away with level info when you pull information on a character. Makes it a bit interesting to keep guessing what level they are =).
    Josef "Dumbasbricks" Gruesbeck
    Sin-Tek Inc. Employee
    a division of Omni-Tek Hyper Corp.
    "I'm just a nobody... So don't mind me much." ~ me

"I pity the weak for when they fall they are forgotten... the strong may fall... but they are forever remembered." ~ me again

Where are team based pvp titles? Why did Funcom only allow solo titles? Did they think that all PvP would be in the arena?

Where are pvp rewards? Heck you get rewards for fighting computer AI (missions have credits, exp, items and tokens), why no reward for beating a Omni/Rebel player if you are on the other side? I don't see the point on making everything else except PvP have rewards to make them more fun. What would a mission be without any reward? Heck... it would be beyond what I could put into words (hell?)

PvP titles as they are, can't really be considered a reward. Freshman is lowest and Novice is highest? Cool reward by the way. Maybe "Newbie" should be added as the TOP TITLE!

Where is the sin in PvP becoming more fun. Like having Omni and the Rebels give rewards to their top guys for taking part in the battle?

Perhaps PvP not being made more fun, is to balance the fact that missions are boring to do, so PvP was made far less fun then it could be, to help even them out?

Its pretty simple. The reason there are no rewards for PvP beyond some simple titles is that those rewards would be too easily abused. People would get their friends to let them kill repeatedly to gain rewards or they would get a second account and kill their own character repeatedly. There can be no useful reward for PvP without this being the result. I'm sure this is already the result now in some cases even with just some useless titles.

Originally posted by Nianna
    Its pretty simple. The reason there are no rewards for PvP beyond some simple titles is that those rewards would be too easily abused. People would get their friends to let them kill repeatedly to gain rewards or they would get a second account and kill their own character repeatedly. There can be no useful reward for PvP without this being the result. I'm sure this is already the result now in some cases even with just some useless titles.
    =) reason.
    Josef "Dumbasbricks" Gruesbeck
    Sin-Tek Inc. Employee
    a division of Omni-Tek Hyper Corp.
    "I'm just a nobody... So don't mind me much." ~ me

"I pity the weak for when they fall they are forgotten... the strong may fall... but they are forever remembered." ~ me again

I do however think that kills in a team should count towards your title if you do a signifigant amount of damage. Funcom could decide how much the qualifying amount was.

Originally posted by Nianna
    Its pretty simple. The reason there are no rewards for PvP beyond some simple titles is that those rewards would be too easily abused. People would get their friends to let them kill repeatedly to gain rewards or they would get a second account and kill their own character repeatedly
    That is not true, you just don't see how it could be done.

#1) There would be no reward for killing the same guy over and over in a short amount of time.

#2) There would be no reward for killing players far below your level. It don't prove anything if they are 20 levels under yours for example.

#3) Funcom needs to remove cheats, not remove something fun to do because of the few that found a way to cheat. Otherwise there would be no game at all.

Someone once told me that PvP should not be made fun with rewards and team based titles, because it would cause more people to cheat at it. If something becomes fun to do, maybe more would *try* to cheat. It's not Funcoms job to remove what could be fun, it's their job to remove the cheats.

I think the question should be...

What will make PvP more fun.

Then work at how you can prevent players from cheating before you put the idea in the game.

So... only question left is, what is fun? Taking over land? PvP rewards? Group based titles?

Re: Should I be scared?

Originally posted by Lilbreather
    If this means we can attack players above out grouping does this also mean that high lvl players can initiate combat with low lvl players as well? Should I be scared?
    No, this work upwards only. I.e. you will get the warning when attacking someone who are probably too tough for you, and be able to choose whether you want to attack or not. It will not enable people to attack people of lower level than their normal PvP range.

Oh, and about the rest of the discussion, take it to the PvP forum. We read that one too.

Cz

What happened to this change?

I don't remember seeing it live.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Whats up with pulling out way old threads? Seen alot of that lately.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Originally posted by Oldskule / Ternak
    Whats up with pulling out way old threads? Seen alot of that lately.
    People are bored. Bored people dig through old stuff.

When they find stuff that is still valif/stuff they feel is worthy a comment, they do just that.

i think this change was held off til they could implement this message...

"warning, you are an ma and are about to attack someone that is 20 levels lower than you. are you sure you want to go to reclaim ?"

but now that i think about it, this is more than likely the message that will actually make it to live.

"warning, you are an ma. you have no chance of killing this person and they will most likely just ignore you until you go away."

Originally posted by garzini

"warning, you are an ma and are about to attack someone that is 20 levels lower than you. are you sure you want to go to reclaim ?"

but now that i think about it, this is more than likely the message that will actually make it to live.

"warning, you are an ma. you have no chance of killing this person and they will most likely just ignore you until you go away."
    "Warning, you think MAs are the most gimped PvP proffession, you should remember to put IP in Body Dev and attack skills if you think they do the least damage."
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Originally posted by garzini

LMAO! So true!
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .