Thread: A few ideas on team missions.

Thumbs up A few ideas on team missions.

Here are a few of my ideas:

-Give the ability to the person who gets a team mission to assign someone else to complete it, NOT just the person who got it.
    (Ex: The person is to afraid to go up and grab the item so he runs away and leavs the group even though he just leveled and wouldn't lose any xp if he died anyway.)

-If the person who held the mission is removed/left the group, give it to another person in the group so it can be completed.
    (Ex: Member goes linkdead and doesn't return, no rewards)

-If someone is attacked on one floor, and goes to the next, cancel the agro so they can be healed or allow it so team mates can heal with packs and not just nano's on the floor and not themselves.
    (Ex: "You guys just go up and take the agro and i'll wait here for you to finish the mission because I can't heal")

-Fix the problem with people dissapearing from you screen and cannot see them until you zone.
    (Ex: You can't see them, but if you zone you can see them just peachy.)

-Once the elevator/potal is found, make it on the damn map. If you must include it with one of the map upgrades. Even make it its own upgrade if you have to.
    (Ex: Run around for 5mins trying to find the lift after completing a 4 floor mission)

I can't think of anything else to add... . enjoy.

Give the ability to the person who gets a team mission to assign someone else to complete it, NOT just the person who got it.
    Good idea! It'd avoid stupid things like...
    - boss too hard
    - team goes down and keep the aggro
    - quickiest member of the team runs at 100% def to grab the mission item
    - team takes the elevator back
    - quickiest member has to open a trade with mission keeper to give him the item
    - mission keeper has to throw it on the floor and pick it HIMSELF just so that the mission can be completed
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Yep some good idea here

But i see one more thing, that can be very interesting :

U can make something like a teleporter in the boss rom which teleporte u directly :

1) to outdoor (near the mission)
    2) or directly to the entrance (inside the mission)

it can avoid some long run in mission and will be less frustrating

Thumbs up

Ahh good idea, maybe the teleporter could teleport you outside if you've killed every MOB or something. Because sometimes my groups will grab item, then kill the things in the boss room. If it was after you picked it up, and you try to zone, you're outside. Great idea.

Yeahhh, exactly what i mean but my english is not perfect

Thumbs up

Ok I just thought of another idea as a team mate said "I think this is to tough(a MP that doesn't use pets but uses rifles only), so I'm going to go." He was the mission holder. I'm not sure about you guys but I mostly want the XP and then the tokens at the end. Well you can't get the tokens if you don't complete the mission.

I remember when you used to get tokens as an item reward, then they took it out because they said it was too easy and they wanted people to earn them by killing the MOBs. So we have the system today. If we are to earn them by killing the MOBs, then why not give us the tokens when we reach 100% on the chance for a token. I think this should be automatic. If you finish the mission before 100%, you have the same chances you have now, which is based on the percentage you've racked up.

Well I'm sick and tired of being burned on these damn missions. Anyone else feel this idea is worth anything?
    Last edited by Skindeep; Jun 18th, 2002 at 04:00:34.

Bump. Funcom really made some dumb mistakes on team missions...it's time to fix them.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Thumbs up

Does anyone else have any ideas on things to change? Can't think of anything else myself.

Me too no more idea but for me the essential things in team mission is to not run all the long to come back to outdoor anymore

So BUMP

Thumbs up

Mission holder went LD didn't return.. More lost time, tokens, rewards.

Yep, this is very annoying

We need to have the possibility to finish thze mission even if the owner went ld or left

Yes. Let us go down and heal. why are we still "in a fight" when the mobs are no where close (different floor).

I think I know why. We are ni the same zone. The floors are not really floors. Just a different place on the same map.

This is why I think so:
    When I was doing a teammission. Me and one other, he got aggro, andI went up to seize aggro, so he could heal. I'm an enforcer, so the only heal nano I had, was the 15-20 heal, which is more annoying than any help at my lvl. Anyway, when I got up, all the mobs (which my teammate was in combat with), were running the best they could into a wall on one side. As if they tried to reach someone on the other side of the wall.