Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You CHOOSE freedom.

What agency then continues ongoing diplomatic courtesies within Omni-tek to the Clans? I have seen little evidence of Omni-tek trying to bring the war to a close anymore then I have seen Clan try. CoT is one of Clans ways to rectify the situation. While not a governing body it can make non-aggression pacts with organizations currently represented. If CoT would be willing to make such an agreement would Omni-tek be willing to negotiate for a mutual agreement?
    [Team] Darich: this sucks. only 2 adds so far lol

Sending message from off-planet...

Oh, don't bother, Ed, old friend.

Omni has their collective heads up their gun barrels. And were just fired and they stink. We hear the same old hackneyed phrases for their encroachment onto Clan territory time and time again. They forget so many things quite conveniently (such as the land granted to Clan members where we currently hold it, not to mention lots of others). Indeed, they seem to have this amazing collective amnesia. They can't get it through their notum-helmeted skulls that they have NO SAY in anything. Big bunch of credit fattened cheerleaders for Phillip Ross. Sis-boom-BAH. Heavy emphasis on the BAH.

They whine and moan and bellyache about how Clan presents to them no unified structures with which to maintain diplomatic talks. Bah. Poppycock. Clan doesn't conform to the needs of their "Diplomacy For Dummies" version of it. Sometimes, there aren't just 2 factions, sometimes there are a LOT more. There are a LOT more right now that can't stand the sight of Omni Tek, their employees, or anyone or anything that wears the corporate symbol of suck. And they aren't all in a big bunch. It must be AWFUL for them to contemplate having to deal with more than one faction. Makes their robotic brains go "hummmmmm...does not compute" and then you hear springs go "sproing" and smoke bellow from their titanium earholes.

They also seem to mention things about bargaining properly, when they have no power to bargain AT ALL. Phillip Ross (or whatever collective undead rules the OT side of the world from Omni-Prime) makes the calls. The mercenaries merely enact policy. They are all a bunch of jack-booted lackey thugs that tow the company line, sing the company hymn and play "follow the leader" for pay. Good gig if you can get it, eh?

Please reject the notion that Omni-Tek has any moral authority over anything, anywhere or anytime. I hate to see my old friend take up pen and paper against so many deluded Omni-Tek drones, and I will from time to time chime in my opinions from off-planet to assist my old friend.

Besides, these Omni scum think that just because they are (currently) winning the LCA wars in the higher level areas, they believe this gives them carte blanche to run around willy-nilly, run around with their pants down and sing NANNY NANNY BOO BOO to all that don't wear the union label. I got news for you dim-witted anal retentive profit monkey totalitarian sturmtrupen. Read your history. Following a military triumph of the Roman Army against one of their foes, all of the troops would march by their dictator dragging the slaves made from the conquered population and dragging their pilfered booty on ox-drawn carts and chariots. Wow, what a show of respect for their Caeser, huh? Not quite. You see, while all of this is going on, a slave from the conquered peoples stands beside the Caeser and whispers in his ear "All glory is fleeting..."

Think about that, you fine upstanding Omni-Tek slavedroid workerbees.

Go get em, Ed. JC signing off for now...

(back to piloting my ore hauler through pirate space...)
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

I guess I am just hoping for some proactivity from Omni-tek. I am trying to see the good regardless of any differences I may have (although your thoughts do hit a bit home I see) with the Corporation. I guess my trust is misplaced and I will wait until that large, symbolic anvil drops on them before I do so again. It is a sad day for Rubi-ka......

There is no reason to abandon hope. There are forces on both sides striving for peace and co-existence. It will be won in the end.
    Unfortunately there are people who, while meaning well, time and time again stir up the kettle. They cant refrain from silly argumentation and numerous,very inventive, name-calling attempts. JoshuaCrime have never been anything else than a propostrous radicale. I would be very careful indeed to follow hes path if you want peace.

Proactivity from Omni Tek? Take a look at Mr.Ross`s work for a better relation with the Neutrals. Foul voices smither our CEO`s reputation every day hoping we will forget all the good things he does.

((Glad to see your still around Joshua you old scoundrel))
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Edussair
    The Council of Truth is our answer to this "multiple law system" as you call it. True, there are many different belief systems and/or opinions voiced but there has not been an actual law system except between the self-governing organizations.
    The last time I checked, there were still many clans outside of the council. It's funy how so many clans claim independence so they can do whatever they please, and then plead for "clan unity" whenever they offend Omni-tek or neutrals. I suppose freedom means not seeing the consequences of your own actions?

You forget you have two different governments.
    Actually you are the one forgetting that the council (or at least one clerical staff member) has declared that the council is not a government at all, but strictly serves in an advisory position.

Wait? What's this I found elsewhere in the same thread?
    CoT is one of Clans ways to rectify the situation. While not a governing body it can make non-aggression pacts with organizations currently represented.
    OK, so the CoT is a government, but it's not a governing body? This clan doublespeak is exactly the reason the new CoT will fail, and why I trust the clans even less than Omni-tek (in spite of the Borealis massacre). Not only do you childishly expect freedom without responsibility, but you don't even know what you're doing, or even such a simple thing as who you are.

You're not interested in peace and you're not interested in freedom for all citizens of Rubi-ka. You just want everything you can grab, and expect someone else to pay the bills.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Please elaborate.
    Last edited by Keldros; Aug 19th, 2004 at 11:09:32.

Somewhere along the line the clan cause for freedom changed. It turned into something else. Something unclean.

It is this generations Omni Tek employees who have taken it upon themselfs to fight for restored peace. The process is hard since the clans represent a blur of opinions and differences. Who the agressors are will, inevitably, be discovered and rooted out. Those who speak of co-existence are those we must lean towards and listen to.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Omni-tek Does not want any peace. They wont stop untill everything on Rubi-ka is waving the Omni banner.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

I misunderstood what CoT until I was corrected by a CoT council member. For that I apologize. How I understood it was that CoT was more then just an advisory position (hence viewing my signature might allow you to understand how I came up with that view).

I have stated though that different organizations DO NOT condone what other organizations have done in the name of freedom. I have even stated that I personally DO NOT care for the ways the Dust Brigade and The Sentinels have taken action into their own hands. CoT is made up of different organizations with differences in how the goal should be accomplished...because of this it allows all organizations wanting to be heard a large and clear platform for discussions and issues brought forth. Since they do act on these issues and discussions sometimes brought forth, I considered relations with Omni-tek to be a rather large and ongoing issue where peace (if sought after) CoT would be the actual platform where agreements would be made on because of the openness and welcoming of ANY interested Clan organization opinion. I have also stated that any agreement made would be between the representitives of CoT and the customary vote on the different portions of an agreement. ONLY the representitives, a part of CoT, would be held accountable for breach of agreement.

"The problem with the Council of Truth is that even though the organizations represented and signing a cease-fire there will be those that will not want to sign. This freedom is what makes Clan...Clan respectively." -Edussair

I said this and obviously you skimmed past it...Clan CANNOT force other organizations to come to their way of thinking otherwise we are exactly what we wish to be different from...Omni-tek. When you understand that a partial victory is still a victory there might come a time when you will truly want to make an agreement with CoT to at least limit Clan raids from organizations currently holding positions in CoT. CoT is one of the few ways Omni-tek can even begin diplomacy on behalf of the organizations the representitives come from. Don't neutrals want to see an end of hostilities between Clan and Omni-tek? I have yet to see even a constructive comment on how Clan or Omni-tek may work around their differences from yourself.

Again Omni-tek bases its accusations on the opinion of a few. Not everyone feels or will feel the same way I do. The reason I say Omni-tek instead of naming anyone specific is because of Omni-tek being one voice. The opinion of one person is the opinion of all. Clan is NOT like this and when you finally understand this MAYBE Clan would truly like to be friend with Omni-tek. As for freedom without responsibility, how can you point fingers at Clan when Omni-tek is just as bad about taking responsibility for any actions taken by one when Omni-tek is all one voice? I even stated that in order to end the ongoing war to fix our sides problems before we can begin to negotiate. The Sentinels are even making an effort to try an alternative way to the destruction of Omni-tek...if one of your bitterest enemies is willing to begin searching for other options other then more bloodshed then why can't you?

As Joshua stated in his post Clan was granted land by Omni-tek. This land has been raided by Omni-tek and Neutrals I might add, who try to take Clans ownership of these lands. I will also add on a personal note I do not have a single tower on any of the lands my organization holds. There are those who care nothing for it and yet again a generalization. I am trying to bring about a lasting peace; I have nothing to gain from it and nothing to lose.

"The problem with the Council of Truth is that even though the organizations represented and signing a cease-fire there will be those that will not want to sign. This freedom is what makes Clan...Clan respectively." -Edussair

I said this and obviously you skimmed past it...Clan CANNOT force other organizations to come to their way of thinking otherwise we are exactly what we wish to be different from...Omni-tek. When you understand that a partial victory is still a victory there might come a time when you will truly want to make an agreement with CoT to at least limit Clan raids from organizations currently holding positions in CoT. CoT is one of the few ways Omni-tek can even begin diplomacy on behalf of the organizations the representitives come from. Don't neutrals want to see an end of hostilities between Clan and Omni-tek? I have yet to see even a constructive comment on how Clan or Omni-tek may work around their differences from yourself.
    What the council needs to do here is establish policies regarding member clans and rogue clans acting on their own behalf rather than in the intersts of the council. How can the council claim to work for peace when member clans launch unprovoked attacks against Omni-tek and neutrals, or provide support for those who do?

The answer to that is quite simple...

(docking industry ship for the last time off-planet, time for some acidic commentary)

Dust Brigade: who knows who they are working for? Slash and burn the lot. They don't seem to favor one faction or the other, so why do we put up with them? Them and the Cyborgs. I say we get a Grand Coalition of all Rubi-Kaens and load up the pea-shooters and wipe them out once and for all. They run to their rats nests, we'll be waiting for them. Time for these scum to be dealt with once and for all. If you can't behave nice at the party, perhaps someone should kick you out of the house it's being held at.

Sentinels: Oh come now! Remove the myriad Omni-Tek presences from the entire planet that sits in the same spot and does nothing offensive! Why don't we do that instead? Why are we pointing fingers at Clan all the time with regard to this? I don't think OT has signed off any peace treaties this week, have they? And since you still say you're at war with Clan, before the Sentinels should be removed, remove all the offensive weapons, soldiers and vehicles that train on a daily basis for the eradication of Clan from the planet by military and police force. Start there, and perhaps we might listen to other interesting suggestions. A little quid pro quo goes a long way, wouldn't you agree?

Since when are the Sentinels engaged in ANYTHING but rhetoric these days? You see, I think Silverstone and his merry bunch are doing the smart thing, which is holding onto what they have EARNED by their own blood and sweat. They aren't forming raiding parties and busting into Baboon's, are they (I always thought that the name of the establishment should be an indication of what is inside of it, and I think OT leads the way in this regard, well done you simians). He's likened himself more along the lines of a very ill-tempered demagogue, but he isn't ordering troops into the field. I think OT has recently, a number of times actually. Physician, remove thyself.

Seriously, though...what have the Sentinels said that is so out of line in war time? Want to clue me in on this one? Oh, OK...I've heard tell that lots of people say that the Sentinels said that Omni-Tek deserves no peace from Clan. Do they? Honestly? Where are their sincere efforts to show they mean no harm to Clanners? The Sentinels are NOT the Clans, by the way, even though the OT patriarchs want to make it seem so. They are not, and yet what has OT done, being the larger of the 2 factions with respect to the amount of military might they can put into any given area at any time they feel like, to show that they are a beacon for peace? None. Zero, my enlightened friend, Mr. Ed (and no I'm not Wilbur either, so shaddup about it already )

Moreover, as I used to trudgeon across the wasted landscapes of Rubi-Ka in the south and in the Shadowlands fighting against fearsome Hecklers and the greedy, disgusting creatures that quite accurately call themselves the Unredeemed, I see multitudes of Neutrals where? With Omni-Tek personnel. Fighting alongside OT personnel. Assisting my enemies in improving themselves by adding their firepower, knowledge and skills in defeating Redeemed and the shadow faction creatures in the Shadowlands, and against all manner of Clanners on Rubi-Ka. So, do the Neutrals deserve special dispensation here, since I see them constantly aiding and abetting my enemies? If they were TRULY Neutral, they would sequester themselves away from all of these conflicts and form their own little corporate entities and stay out of the combat. But they do not. So, why in the world are you still allowed to be called Neutral anyway? When I see a Neutral walking around with the Omni-Tek shoulderpads, I know you've been killing Clanners, thereby supporting Omni-Tek. When I see you running around with the nice big red backpacks on your backs, I know that you have been killing the Redeemed in the Shadowlands, and I know that you are fighting with the enemies of Clan alongside of Omni-Tek.

So, tell me, enlightnened thinkers and brain-dead OT priests alike, how is Simon Silverstone saying something wrong here. The saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" goes both ways. The friend of my enemy is also my enemy.

For the namby-pamby Clanners that want to have it "all go away now and let's all make better" by removing said Sentinels from the board only weaken Clan's bargaining position, because they are a strong force that side with the Clan. Remove them, and what is to stop OT occupation of Tir? Thankfully we have the Vanguards in Old Athen, and they even sell to Neutrals (unwisely in my opinion, since they just go back to their little OT buddies and kill more Clanners for more phat l3wt). But, bear in mind which pieces from the grand chess board you think need to be sacrificed to make your gains in winning the overall war. You certainly would not sacrifice a Bishop or your Queen (I bet Simon would love being called a Queen, but I digress) for short term gains that weaken you to the point of losing the bloody war, which is what would happen were the Sentinels "tamed".

(now where is my bloody sword? off to new adventures somewhere else that isn't in space any longer)

Ok here is the problem as it is now. Let´s say Omni-Tek signs, after much talk and this and that, a new seace fire agreement with the CoT. All good and well. But a few Clans insist on raiding OT instalations and destroying highly valuable targets.

Now, OT may just ignore them, but that will lead to huge amounts of Credit values being destroyed and said Clan gaining more power amongst the Clan radicals, and increasing their powerbase, enabling them to hit even bigger targets. So the "Ignore them and they go away" idea doesn´t work.

OT can chose to talk to the CoT, asking them to reign in the Clan(s) doing this, but as the CoT is in no real possition to do this, the Clan(s) (CoT affiliated or not) will just continue if they feel like it. So this idea doesn´t realy work either.

OT can also chose to conduct an active countermeasure, targeting the Clan(s) leadership and instalations. How ever, this will send all the other Clans (CoT affiliated or not) into a frenzy, and rip up the seace fire agreement, leaving us where we started. So this does not work either.

And the other way around is also true of course. Omni detatchments performing unsanctioned actions against Clan instalations and so on, their extremist protectors covering for them so they get a slap on the wrist at worst.

So how do we solve this problem? The extremists (from both sides) keep ripping our chances of peace apart, and they keep getting support.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

I would like to believe that we all can find a comfortable medium to begin negotiations at. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility at all. The details will be sticky, but at some point agreements can be made. The problem is, Clanners are all tired of the war. OT doesn't seem too be, and it's supplies are inexaustable and so are it's resources. We on this side of the fence don't see much in the way of peace offers coming from OT. I will believe it is true when I see Phillip Ross saying it and then making visible, concrete signs of beginning a move toward peace. Certainly OT can afford to make far more sweeping gestures that Clanners can. You have all the damn money. You have the most in the way of military hardware and the most installations on the planet.

Certainly the peace effort must start with OT. You chased off our last Council, and then our current one is harried by every nutball on eiither side of the conflict as being ineffectual, useless and castrated. None of these are true, but since the corporation is responsible for the conflict in general, it must be the one to come forward and propose negotiations and set the example for what it is willing to do to insure the peace is not only possible but KEPT.

Oh, I know, I keep hearing OT's talk about how it is so much ancient history, but really it is not. The original grievances were not exactly addressed by the corporation, and the original miners had to fight for what they got. We call it forced attrition amongst the more erudite and educated members of the Clan society. Meaning you don't regret your actions because it was morally wrong, but because someone had a gun to your head. It is up to the corporation to make amends, show positive results for what it plans to do with its own criminals and make sure that we all see it as well. Furthermore it has to make guarentees that such things will never happen again so long as the agreements are held to by both sides.

It is not very hard to come up with things that need to occur in order to create the initial peace, but I'm not seeing the corporation doing anything at all to even show they want it in the first place. The formation of the 2nd CoT should be a sign that the Clanners will at least form for matters that affect us all and will have a common (but not single) voice so long as the Council is fair and all agree to it's decisions. It's more of a guide for us, and not the law, but you'll find that most Clanners are intelligent people who wish that we didn't have to go everywhere on this planet geared for a month of intense urban combat. Its a pity that we must, but yours is the bigger threat of the two of us, aren't you? You claim to be the bigger "man". Now prove it.

In other words, both sides has to agree to a seace fire, and stop covering for those of the own faction that chose to violate that treaty.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Well without both sides agreement, there can be no cease-fire..."it takes two to tango" holds true with just about any encounter between two individuals imagineable. An agreement made between CoT and OT (starting to get lazy spelling out Omni-tek ) would only affect those represented in the Council. Now there would of course be provisions that once the agreement is signed action would be taken on the respective person(s) or organization that did not follow these rules to the satisfaction of both sides. For those that do not sign, any person(s) or organizations found to be performing raids outside will still be "fair game" as the CoT would not condone any such action once the agreement has been made. A judgement panel of two Clan and Omni-tek and one Neutral would allow there to be a fairness...but I digress; in making any such agreement will limit both sides abilities to attack without consequence and truly allow those who want peace to live it.

As for OT wanting peace like my esteemed colleague Joshua Crime stated:

"I will believe it is true when I see Phillip Ross saying it and then making visible, concrete signs of beginning a move toward peace."

Peace will not come unless Phillip Ross can be convinced especially being at the top leadership of OT. Until then Clan must endure as it has always done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12