Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Earning money (or how am I ever going to get a Yal?)

Earning money (or how am I ever going to get a Yal?)

Simple question: Every day I see more and more Yals around but i cant see any way I'll ever be able to afford one.... on a good mission I can earn 20k plus an item. If I camp a terminal for hours I might, if I'm lucky come up with something like a battlesuit that I can sell for reasonable cash... but most evenings nothing high valued comes up.

How am I ever going to afford a plane? any Ideas? am I missing something?

Cool

You will have enough eventually, try teaming up and running higher ql missions. Also, Yalms can be found as loot in missions. I found one in a lvl 90 mission in Avalon. It is slow going, but you will eventually get one.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Alternatively you can post a lot on AO forums and insert a subliminal tag under your signature. This could lead to a massive spontaneous donation of creds from all the ppl reading your posts.

As it is now I must say that I have mixed results.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Get to about level 50-60.

Then goto avalon and generate missions to the city of home, in broken shores.

Make them max hard, max cash, everything else normal. Then grid to Broken shores (250 PC lit) and run your butt off for 60k per mission till you get 5 mil

Thats what I did anyway ...

That's *cough* 83 *cough* missions ....
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

I was just doing the same calculation.

B [56] --> dc
    /
    p

A better way might well be to blitz missions for senpai coats or battle suits, as suggested :-). Although carpal-tunnel mission booth camping syndrome WILL result.

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Alternatively you can post a lot on AO forums and insert a subliminal tag under your signature. This could lead to a massive spontaneous donation of creds from all the ppl reading your posts.

As it is now I must say that I have mixed results.
    Wow, it must work! I have this uncontrollable urge to donate you the firt Yal I find. Honest.

*cough*

Talking

(I am a mastermind)

83 missions is nothing!

How bad DO you want your yalm Gimme? HOW BAD?
    If you dont want it 83 missions bad.. then I'm tellin ya, you don't need it yet.

How I did it....

The yalm I bought cost me right at 5.1 mil. I made that money in one day (all but about 180k worth) with the help of a couple of friends. At the time I was about level 96ish and grabbed missions for ql 142 bsuits (which sold for 332k each to vendors). My friends also got missions for bsuits or coats. But the coats didn't turn out to be as profitable as we had hoped. Since they've become less rare, they're also much less valuable.
    One thing that seemed to help a great deal is that our engineer friend would sit in the first room of the mission while we ran in and if one of us died, he'd just summon us back and we'd start again, searching for the mission prize. Took about 7 hours, but I got my yalm in a day.

Hope this helps some:

Zeeg el`Rofl
    104th Atrox Enforcer rk-2

hehe, my yalm story.

6 people in a mission, whe had designated alpha chests. The first chest that was "mine" *pop* OMFG .... mmmmm Yalmaha.
    MUAHAHA

I was doing missions to save for a yalm, but then I had all the cash for my 125 implants cause i found one in a chest!

pick those locks baby!
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Cool

See my above post. Had to pick the lock on that chest over 10 times for it to open, but what a deal!
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Talking

A question from someone that now has 10 tokens (wooot) : what is the amount of skill required to be able to open a chest ? Is it relative to mission lvl ?

Cool

Yes, the harder the mission, the harder the chest.

You need to raise your B&E skill to open locked items.
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Well I'd like to know at lvl 65 what an average BE should be ?

Alternatively I can find a chest and invest one IP in BE, click 10x on it, add another IP ......

I've heard stories that 100-150 should be enough. So, on Kaerem, next level (55, yes, I need to update sig) I'm going to spend IP so I can get my QL90 imps in and get B&E up as high as I can with the remaining.

There IS a gen +20 buff as well, but I'm sure everyone knows that.

On Arinia, I'm raising B&E from the start, the right way, once I start leveling (It's going to happen this week :-) ).

Speaking of which, she's looking for a clan. Anyone have a recommendation? I'm going to probably post in another forum, but I thought I'd shamelessly plug my char here anyway :-) .
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I had around 50 in BE and found chests I couldnt open, I've now got 101 and can open every chest although sometimes it may take 10-20 tries (more like 2-3 most times).

Thx for the info : I'm set to 100 pts and I'm already using the general buff (errrr ... I guess, gotta check)

lucky

I got my yal at level 46

i found it in a chest, it was a 25% mission as well lol

honestly the yal is the best thing i have and i saved meself 5 mill

I am level 12. hehe , yes lvl 12. not that high. (I've owned the game since 27th June , or was it July?)
    Anyway , I was sooo close to reciving my first car yesterday!
    I rushed into a car store , and found a QL32 Kodaik for 58K. The car may suck , but hell ! It's a car. I was 5K short. I rushed out , sold a pair of sunglasses for 5K , got back in. and the car had swiched to a Yalm for 5mill...........crap

-Hitikori-

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast