Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Professionals

Originally posted by Mor
    I know almost all the problems with all the profs just by reading these boards (you hear them 1000 times). Notice though that each time the way people want them solved is different?
    Because we know that our last suggestion/plea wasn't accepted by FUncom, so we try to think up something that WILL fix us and that they WILL impliment.

Originally posted by Mor
    Perhaps you don't understand what I'm saying. Say Cosmik puts a top 10 sticky thread for what players want their prof to have, all the players that want a say in it, posts their top 10 things in the thread. Cosmik can then send it to the dev team to choose what they think is good. This beats having 2 people who pay the same money we do, decide are prof for us.
    Well, they obviously can't cope with everyone's opinions by glancing at the profession forums, so maybe two dozen peoples' digests of everyone's concerns and ideas will get FUncom working on their game.

On another note, I also wanna know what the big deal is about having two people of the same faction... which is a purely RP element! Do you also object to classes that are represented by two atroxen? Two women? Two bald people? WTF difference does it make?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Red face

Kinky and Arinia as Enf representz...

That breaks down to:

1) One that do have a clue in PvP and PvM, but don't play much anymore.

2) One that do not have a clue in PvP, but possibly in PvM.

Is this my representation?

Have fun scrolling the forum for whines and suggestions. Atleast you'll have more to do on the boards now than ingame, Kinky -D
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Good luck to all the Professionals.

Etnies, Pro DH Biker

Would you care to explain how those people were selected ?

The list looks very familiar to me...

After IRC, again more favorism.

Ordinary players have no chance with Funcom, thanks for showing that again and again.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Thumbs down

First, congratulations to the chosen.

Second, Since most of the profession problems are posted on the forum by the community and have been for awhile, I can t help but think this is some lazyness from Funcom trying to get free man power to sort out a list from the forums.

Third, its marketing fluff to show the users that they are trying to do something!

I am sorry Funcom, but this is how I read your announcement:

" We did not have the ressources to keep up with the feedback you are providing us on each profession with the system we provided you, so now we will try to get volonteers to do the work and hope they do a better job that we were able to do in the past year. Obviously we have gathered a list of all the problems all ready, and this is just a way to make you wait a bit longuer till the expansion comes out."

You know FC, I had really high hopes for this game and to be honest I love your game, but honestly, your game has not even 50% of what you hyped it to be before lauch, and its been a year!!

Here is a new slogan for you: Suits r us!

Hey All,

I'm loathe to add more to this thread, but for the MPs at least there have already been concrete results from the Professionals team. Check out this thread.

MPs have been asking on the MP board for a long time that FC take a position on the pet pathing issues. Ipsa and I secured a confirmation of the various issues that the MPs had isolated in endless threads and we have a confirmation from the Dev team including the nugget that Pet Pathing is rated as a high priority in their fix list.

The following quote from one of the MPs on this thread says it all really:

OMFG!

Direct feedback on current widespread issues.

I think I'm going to faint.

FC, you guys keep this up and I'm going to turn into some kind of fanboy. I may never forgive you for that :-P
    Regards

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Hell yeah.

Alright. Summary of my thoughs:

1. This move is a very good idea.

2. No vote on the people selected is fine -- voting would have been too chaotic and complex, and would mean people would be chosen more upon how many friends they have than how much they actually know or how much experience they have.

3. I'm looking forward to seeing this plan in action and contributing my thoughts on my profession(s).

That's the bottom line.
    Aaron Simons Harkonnen

Re: Hell yeah.

Originally posted by Simons
    2. No vote on the people selected is fine -- voting would have been too chaotic and complex, and would mean people would be chosen more upon how many friends they have than how much they actually know or how much experience they have.
    You saying both the Enforcer Professionals have more experience than me?
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

No, he's saying that they got selected, you did not, and despite any ego conflicts there may be, that makes them no less qualified to do the job well.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Re: Re: Hell yeah.

Originally posted by Caol

You saying both the Enforcer Professionals have more experience than me?
    Caol is the man!

Perhaps... but does he have a suitable plan, too?
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

Hi everyone.

I suppose I was/am a very contraversial choice. I'm loud, outspoken, and I tend to blast off at people If I feel they are in the wrong.

At times I can be blunt, arrogant, etc, when I dont want or feel like answering the same question over and over again.

Hi Cloudeh.

Caol - It isn't about "More" or "Less" experience with the game. It is all about communication with FC. AFAIK Cosmik just asked me. I'd been talking to him, ranting, sending in bug reports about enforcer issues for a long, long time.

When I read the list of professionals I was happily suprised - People like Zerosignal, Noer, Destria *are* people that know a lot about the profession but more importantly arent the kind of people that are going to scream NERF X, or GIVE [profession] X!

Some people I really dont know, but from what I have seen FC have done the right thing in terms of picking people. People that are well known, and people that want the best for the game in general, which is what this is all about.

Dont shoot the messengers, everyone :/
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Nerf Kinkstaah! Give Doctors MK shields!
    Dest

some of the people they chose reeks of favoratism
    they could of chosen a few better than what they did
    for the most part some of the choices were great choices.
    but like someone else pointed out
    all the issues are already in plain view
    no need to get some volunteers to point out the glaring issues.
    on pet pathing if you think that you being a professional pointing it out is what got their attention ROFL
    3 classes all complaining for months now
    It didnt take you pointing it out to get the ball rolling on fixing it.
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

One of the roles we are all here for is to *get* the glaring, and not so glaring issues *from* these boards.

To wade through the spam, the flames, the whines, and what not.
    The stuff Cz, Cosmik and Dai (Obviously, I Guess) dont have time to do themselves. As many people have asked "DO FC PEOPLE ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME!?!?!?!"

Hence this new bunch of people, to get opinions and views and actual issues of the professions from the players who play the game.

I know that I'll be open to any thoughts - Thats what I (and everyone else) *is* here for.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by Destria
    Nerf Kinkstaah! Give Doctors MK shields!
    Fixers demand calms!
    Hi.

Obviously this means that Cosmik and Cz won't read the boards anymore, and if the professionals don't like you, you can as well stop posting in these boards.

So all suck up to the professionals now, if you want your points forwarded to FC.

Player volunteers are a bad idea, especially if they are doing it with their player names.

I guess Funcom never thought about why all the volunteer programs in other games were done with a NDA not to tell your player names to the people you ought to help, they just did it here too because all did it, but never thought about why.

Yes I am totally against the idea, the boards are small, and they are two people, they could do it themselves, they just don't
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Kinkstaah is right, Cz, Dai and Cosmik don't *play* the game every day.

I think it's a good idea to have representatives that play a class every day and are intimitely familiar with the intricacies of the class. Whether it's me or not, I think that this program is a great idea. I have a Trader. I trust Zyxlquith and Noer to do the right things and present the relevant information.

If you don't trust a fellow enforcer to do good things for the enforcer class, or a fellow MP to do good things for the MP class, or any other class...

... then you need to seriously examine your motives and ask yourself if you're just *trying* to be difficult for the sake of causing conflicts.

Trolling is fun and all, but this is a real chance for everyone to get their voices heard like never before. Take advantage of it.

And that's all I have to say about that.
    Last edited by Arinia; Jun 27th, 2002 at 04:06:30.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Heh...that's my Babe!

Now if you guys could just get em to hold off on 14.4 Im sure everyone'd be happy..LOL
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

Replacement Pros?

Um, Cos, Cz,

Should we interpret FC's failure to replace the Pro's who have left as meaning that FC no longer gives a dang about those classes? If not... Why haven't they been replaced by now?

It's kind of ridiculous that you (Funcom) insist on all class-specific issues to be funnelled through specific representatives per class, then make no effort to ensure that every class has a current, active representative. I mean, sure, doing the query once a week to make sure all Professionals have logged on that week (and that their accounts are still active) takes 5-10 minutes which could otherwise be spent off having a smoke or getting a drink, but still...

I guess that commitment (like every other Funcom commitment to customer service communication, to date) wasn't intended to last beyond it's momentary positive PR value.

We'll be hearing about the new "Customer Service Booster Pack" ("Private bulletin boards where Funcom representatives make meaningful posts DAILY!". "Frequent RESPONSES from developers!") any day now, I expect.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast