Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Token boards Needed

New Token boards Needed

With the change to the amount of tokens given per mission it is time Funcom also added new token boards. Just about everyone lvl 100 or higher has the 1k board. We need new one such as a 1.5k, 2k, 2.5k, and so on up to about 5k or so.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

NO NO AND NO!

Why?

I have 650 Tokens, I didnt start the game during the new team missions and SECONDLY.

ALOT and I mean ALOT of people exploited tokens, I have said this once and i will keep on saying so.

Ash, remember him? I know alot of people who exploited his tokens and I even talked with an ark about someone doing it.

heh I even have an irc log of someone begging me not to tell on them

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    NO NO AND NO!

Why?

while I would like to disagree with cloudeh I really can't... personally I think that token boards become something that's *too* good as they go on, the bowtie that funcom made to take the same slot as the token board was a nice step in the right direction but it was really too little... I'd like to see useful things that take the token board slot to give people reason to not use it i.e.
    • various +10-20 pt nanoskill bonus's like the new crystals that were added with 14.2
    • nice damage/+minor AMS bonus's (i.e. +30dmg +20ams)
    • something with a decent HOT +minor HE type effect that stacks with current HOT's/HE's
    • a ~level/2.5 +NCU item
    • a -nanocost, minor HE, minor nanoskill bonus (i.e. -10%, 50pt HE effect, +5 nanoskill for darkblue skills +8 for light blue's, +10 for teal's +15 for greens that adjusts properly depending on class)
    • a small ams% bonus +minor crit bonus -small DMS hit (i.e. +5% AMS +2%crit -2%DMS)
    • etc

Granted the above items are pretty darn awsome but then again you have to consider the following

the bowtie has the following stats
    psychology >= 101
    level >= 80

Effects modify self chemistry 12
    modify self electrical eng 12
    modify self max health 100
    modify self max nano 100
    modify self mechanical eng 12
    modify self nano programming 12
    modify self pharma tech 12
    modify self quantum physics 12
    modify self weapon smithing 12

hardly enough to justify not using the following
    Requirements omni tokens >= 1000
    title level >= 4
    faction omni-tek

Effects modify self chemical damage modifier 4
    modify self cold damage modifier 4
    modify self computer literacy 210
    modify self concealment 140
    modify self defense modifier 7
    modify self energy damage modifier 4
    modify self exp modifier 7
    modify self fire damage modifier 4
    modify self max health 700
    modify self max nano 700
    modify self melee damage modifier 4
    modify self nano damage modifier 4
    modify self nano programming 210
    modify self offense modifier 7
    modify self poison damage modifier 4
    modify self projectile damage modifier 4
    modify self radiation damage modifier 4
    modify self run speed 210
    Last edited by Tetra; Jun 14th, 2002 at 02:17:39.

I made the serious mistake of hunting at levels 20-70, so at 108 my main only has 147 tokens..which really sucks. I even used the bowtie at one point because it was BETTER than the crappy board i was using then..but its really not that great..
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Seems however that after a while tokens get doubled, or even trippled, when you receive them?

When my char(s) passed 30 tokens, I suddenly began to receive 2 tokens per mission completed, though there was only one token to click on in my inventory... Quite surprising, for we had previously made fun in trying to find how many mission s we'd have to do to reach the 1K board... but this way, it's faster to reach it, isn't it?

Something funny I've noticed too (and I don't know if it was dure to a recent patch or not, for when i first played ion october I don't remember ever having seen this...) is when I right-click on my token board while wearing it, to see how many tokens I've gathered, the board suddenly appears around my char's head - one on the left side, one on the right sidde, 'floating' in the air. Quite funny to see, the first time I didn't even know what were those little things floating near her...

Hmm, and if token boards were "profession-customizable"? Like, a NT's token board wouldn't give the same bonuses than an Agent's... Or maybe there could be a choice in which stats we'd like to increase once the new board-level is acquired...

Not sure about it, it's 8:30 here, and I must still be half asleep
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Red face

NO NO AND NO!

Why?

I have 650 Tokens, I didnt start the game during the new team missions and SECONDLY.

Cloudeh.... Its the same whining every time someone suggests something that You can't have, or have an impact on something You don't have. I vividly remember Your post about not having any money, and that it wasn't possible to get money in missions for You. Noteably that doesn't seem to be a problem the last time I spoke to You, so please try to look ahead for everyone and not just look at the situation from Your perspective and on what impact changes has for You alone. No offence here, but I percieve Your post as a selfish little brat, whining: "If I can't have it, noone should!"

As goes for tokens, there was several people that exploited the Ash quest, but I don't see that as a problem, since it wasn't exactly "common knowledge". So what if someone got the tokens before someone else... its still possible to get them for those who don't have them. Ofcourse it will take more time, but practically everyone does team-missions for xp so the tokens just keep rolling in. And at your level You get 7 tokens per mission? It doesn't exactly require THAT much effort. As goes for those who infact exploited the token quest, Funcom is more to blame for not doing simple searches in the database and banning all those who took advantage of the bug. I don't know for sure if anyone was banned, but the official response was that "some people" was banned. But as You point out, evidently not everyone which is indeed sad.

Now for the real issue. The 1000 token board is a great item, which everyone should strive to achieve. Because of that, alot of people have gotten their 1000 doing missions. This results in the question: "What should I do now that I have 1000 tokens?". Its the same thing when one reaches lvl 200. What should You do now? Everyone has set their goals, for something they want to achieve. When the goals are met, they will try to find new goals and thus the idea of higher token boards are born. I got about 1500 tokens last time I checked. 1000 of them was done soloing missions for weeks after the "multiple-token change" was introduced. The last 500 is team missions. I support the idea of a titlelevel 5 and titlelevel 6 board as it sets forth more goals that I may try to achieve. And having goals is infact the reason I play this game. If it wasn't any goals there, why play the game? How many tokens for a TL5 and TL6 board, I'll leave to Funcom.
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

I dont think ppl exploited to 5k tokens when the highest board only requires 1k. So a new 5k (for instance) board wouldnt really benefit those who exploited themselves to 1k board, so I see that as a rather mute point.

Originally posted by Keredwyn

When my char(s) passed 30 tokens, I suddenly began to receive 2 tokens per mission completed, though there was only one token to click on in my inventory... Quite surprising, for we had previously made fun in trying to find how many mission s we'd have to do to reach the 1K board... but this way, it's faster to reach it, isn't it?
    I dont get it. You thought you'd get 1 token / mission all along and you were trying to figure out how many missions you'd have to do for the 1k board? =)
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Originally posted by Mantravadi

I dont get it. You thought you'd get 1 token / mission all along and you were trying to figure out how many missions you'd have to do for the 1k board? =)
    lol, I read it exactly the same

"Let's see, I get 1 token/mission, hmm..how many missions for 1k board?"

"FC give us the formula! How many missions do we need to do if we get 1token/mission to get the 1k board!"

"Damn FC! Always hold back info!"
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Octo

Cloudeh.... Its the same whining every time someone suggests something that You can't have, or have an impact on something You don't have. I vividly remember Your post about not having any money, and that it wasn't possible to get money in missions for You. Noteably that doesn't seem to be a problem the last time I spoke to You, so please try to look ahead for everyone and not just look at the situation from Your perspective and on what impact changes has for You alone. No offence here, but I percieve Your post as a selfish little brat, whining: "If I can't have it, noone should!"

As goes for tokens, there was several people that exploited the Ash quest, but I don't see that as a problem, since it wasn't exactly "common knowledge". So what if someone got the tokens before someone else... its still possible to get them for those who don't have them. Ofcourse it will take more time, but practically everyone does team-missions for xp so the tokens just keep rolling in. And at your level You get 7 tokens per mission? It doesn't exactly require THAT much effort. As goes for those who infact exploited the token quest, Funcom is more to blame for not doing simple searches in the database and banning all those who took advantage of the bug. I don't know for sure if anyone was banned, but the official response was that "some people" was banned. But as You point out, evidently not everyone which is indeed sad.

Now for the real issue. The 1000 token board is a great item, which everyone should strive to achieve. Because of that, alot of people have gotten their 1000 doing missions. This results in the question: "What should I do now that I have 1000 tokens?". Its the same thing when one reaches lvl 200. What should You do now? Everyone has set their goals, for something they want to achieve. When the goals are met, they will try to find new goals and thus the idea of higher token boards are born. I got about 1500 tokens last time I checked. 1000 of them was done soloing missions for weeks after the "multiple-token change" was introduced. The last 500 is team missions. I support the idea of a titlelevel 5 and titlelevel 6 board as it sets forth more goals that I may try to achieve. And having goals is infact the reason I play this game. If it wasn't any goals there, why play the game? How many tokens for a TL5 and TL6 board, I'll leave to Funcom.

Octo are you retarded or what? People have already got 2k tokens, I know that, ones who probably either are high lebel from doing so many mission or those "WHO EXPLOITED TOKENS"

Why do you honestly ASSUME Becuase I cant get it ,its not allowed? I mean really are you that THICK ,STUPID AND TOTALLY RETARDED T come up with all that crap??????

If I didnt have to go to work I would probably have the token board much sooner, but at the current moment, If you want people who have exploited the board to get it for free then fine, IDIOT.

Some of you people are so arrogant and blind you dont even read a single WORD I write, I mean, hello............EXPLOITERS?

No cloud its okay let them have token board they didnt deserve.

Edit:

Again I might add I do not CARE IF people have the 1k board, I care about people exploiting and people who exploit are losers.

Hmmm......

We going to apologise to each other or did you have to go and start an enternal war with each other?

Everything you said about me in that post IS WRONG And single minded and badly judged, your a liar and a no good **** head.

No, no and no... Percieve is the wrong word.

I simply said NO because of Exploiters, let me repeat this again because you wont understand me, EXPLOITERS.
    I will soon have the 1k board and I wont care about anything else.

OH OH? YOU WANNA TALK BIG HUH?

Ask Noer, Kinkstaah, Destria? uhh Drkinky, princ3, spydervenom and all the other level 200's if they want to do more mission, for ANOTHER 1000+ tokens, unless they up the amount you get at level 200 which is hardly ANY or NONE EXISTANT You didnt think about that did you?

Im sure Noer would like to start mission ALL OVER AGAIN for the sakes of 1000+ tokens? I wouldnt, Id want to get to a point in the game where I can roleplay and not have to do anything else.

PVP, Roleplay, NO MORE MISSION OR CRAP!
    Last edited by Cloudeh_; Jun 14th, 2002 at 09:37:23.

New token boards sounds cool
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

na ppl with 2k token board would be to owerpowered ..

token boards must be an add, a bonus but not sthg to powerfull
    Killdarules / Bellgarath setup (dreamsetup (lol))

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

I got like 5000+ tokens and anything would be great....for ME, i dunno about you guys Noer has like 5k tokens too heh.

A suggestion was that they would add to tradeskills or some skills they aren't crucial for PvM or PvP.

Nuff said...

Ok, I had written a huge post over Your first post. But with Your edit, Ill cut out some.

In your post, you said:
    NO NO AND NO!

Why?
    And then you name two reasons:

I have 650 Tokens, I didnt start the game during the new team missions
    and

ALOT and I mean ALOT of people exploited tokens, I have said this once and i will keep on saying so.
    So, the way I see it, You where suggesting that many of those who have 1000 tokens (or more), exploited their way to them. And I percieved that Your conclusion of that, was based on Your own experience. Largely saying that 650 tokens has taken You alot of time, and that it can't be done unless they exploited.

You state that there are so many people that exploited tokens, and that they shouldn't get anything for free. Yet You protect people that You obviously know have exploited it? And You even have logs of them admitting it? And You call me an idiot?

Who knows what You mean with alot of token exploiters, but I recon around 100 people to be alot. And YES, I don't care if 100 people exploited their way to 1000 tokens and thus would have it easier to reach 2000, 5000... even 10000. All the exploiters should have been banned, but since some of them are still here, I don't think that the actions of 100 people, should prevent the whole playerbase (maybe 30000?) from getting better boards. Its the same thing with those who exploited for xp. They reached 200 fast. And now we will probably have lvl 300 people in Shadowlands. With Your arguments, do You belive that the cap should remain at 200, because someone might get there sooner? Because they exploited?

An introduction to a new board, if made attractive enough, would even have the lvl 200's doing missions again for tokens. I don't know for sure how many tokens You get at lvl 200 for each You click, but its hardly less than on lower levels? Unless theres a bug there?

And may I suggest that You spend a few of those hours You've spent here on the boards, with Your 2882 posts, to get some tokens? Since You claim that You have to go to work. It must have taken alot of hours, unless ofcourse, You post only when at work.

And on a last note, I actually thought of You as a somewhat ok guy. But with Your last post, with Your use of words, shows a vocabulary and a attitude I rather not be associated with. I will respond no more to Your posts so this won't be a war. I'm ending in right now.
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

You guys are getting too hung up on the details of a new board, and not looking at the big picture methinks.

The main thing is ANYTHING is better than banking/deleting/ignoring the d@mn tokens. Why does it have to roll over at 2K - Would a 5K board be better? How about title level 6? I don't care what, but gimme something to use/save those tokes for.

There is a lot of room for improvement and creativity here. There are a lot of odd skills that are useful, but one's you would never dump IP into after a certain point - or skills that are capped/maxed out even IF you have the IP. Man I sure could use a few more points of Stamina, treatment, WS, inits, a few % of AC increase or even something that gives a (non-bugged) size increase.

I figure I'll have my 1K board about L110 or so. Im 80 now and have my 400 board even before I can use it. So someone bought a double-sun during the exploit days - so what? That puts them 20% closer to a 5K board than joe n00b13, big deal.
    http://webpages.charter.net/kwilliams00/ao/charpage.htm

Originally posted by Octo
    And at your level You get 7 tokens per mission? It doesn't exactly require THAT much effort.
    SEVEN tokens per mission? The most I've ever received is 2 and that's only happened once. Admittedly I'm only level 56, but still! Is that something I have to look forward to? Do you just start getting more and more tokens per mission as you advance in level?

Also, while I'm not for adding additional features to the one token board, I am for adding different types of token boards that give different bonuses.

no

a new token board would mean better stats
    better stats for ot/clans would mean neuts even less balanced

Give us neck pieces to buy in stores!

Wake up 8pm....
    Do all the normal things, eat wash blah blah.
    Its about 9:30, join a team.........
    3:30am, 17 mill xp and 6 missions or so.

Most of the time your looking for a team, or you need a break, or you have to go to camalot because your guild says so, people leave and go ld.

I get about 2 levels a week or something now, I dont know why? I play it almost every hour of everyday, why, I got **** all else better to do on this piece of crap island.

Work, yes work sucks and it takes up "gaming-time" but in order to play this game I gotta pay, so I have to work.

I used tohave college but thats over.

Summer holidays, big woot , no.......same as always, If I have to stay up 24 hours to even REMOTELY gain some levels then Its not only me thats doing some thing wrong.

I was in a team today that never split, but over time people left, and people joined, I was the only original member and even that is effort then I dont know what is.

Aw, lighten up everybody.

Octo: new boards wouldn't 'help' 30000 players. The majority of the playerbase doesn't have 1000 tokens and isn't even over level 100 (or 150, or whatever). PvPer's don't want to have to do hundreds of missions to be on equal footing with someone who has (and 5k tokens is hundreds of missions).

Cloudeh: you have pretty strong feelings about this topic. Not everyone feels as strongly as you do. The majority of the playerbase that has 1000 tokens did not exploit to get there.

My opinions on this? I think the 1k token board looks really really powerful (probably too powerful). I don't care one way or the other if there is a 3k board or a 5k board, but I don't plan to play pvp nor to level that far. These game design decisions should be discussed and made by people that do plan to pvp and level that far. Maybe an alternate (non-board) function for tokens should be made.

Mantravadi & Azzazzimon - LOL Atashi no baka. Baka baka BAKA! It was 7:30 am my time and I sure didn't exactly THOUGHT before writing. Now I look stupid

I meant, when we thought we'd be given 1 token per mission, we tried to figure out how much time and for how many levels we'd have to do missions to earn them all... Doing missions all the time is not always funny, even in team, and at first we thought that we'd never get those 1K tokens cause we'd be bored before that

Hmm, it doesn't make more sense, in fact. I should stop posting in the morning
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast