Thread: Wep

Wep

what would be a good wep to use as a Nm Nt? i was thinking maby Ar, or maby rifle, or posibly Ma, but that would probly end up bad =( well what do u guys think, all the skills are dark blue =/
    Blitztrox 220 Ai lvl 30 Enf -Omni-- My Loot 25th 220 Omni Atrox Enf on Rk1!!!

weapons aren't going to help you all that much... but definately don't go melee or MA. range is the NT's friend and even with reduced effectiveness toolsets to keep the target far away, getting close enough to hit them with hands or melee weapon means you're going to get hit back. As a nanomage NT, that means one ow, one thud, and a blink of the eyes as you arrive at the reclaim.

IP is the major consideration of weapon choices. We're not good at anything, so no matter what you choose, don't expect to be doing massive damage with it any time soon. Sometimes the best choice is to simply OE your way into a buffing pistol and benefit from the extra damage you get from a nuke with slightly higher MC requirements. With enough +dmg, you might make even pepper pistols work "ok." Pistol is reasonably affordable as a weapon choice for us... but they aren't known for their damage output. And now that specials miss, you might not want to waste time with anything with them.

Cyberdeck is a choice (but not one of champions)... though as long as you stick to RK nukes until high levels it can compensate the loss of weapon damage with better nuke damage (from the nanoskill boosts on the decks). Its not as much as you'd think though. You lose out on the option to kill things with a weapon while spamming layers on yourself if you go cyberdeck. The technique isn't really effective in SL.

There are some ok weapon choices for higher level NTs... and its probably still true that from 195 to mid SLs, the RB and weapon combination is better than SL nukes.

Not really an 'answer' per se... but it might help you to make your own choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitztrox
    what would be a good wep to use as a Nm Nt? i was thinking maby Ar, or maby rifle, or posibly Ma, but that would probly end up bad =( well what do u guys think, all the skills are dark blue =/
    As Jaesic already pointed out, melee is a no-go.

Going melee would nullify the little range advantage we have left in both team (aggro fluctuations, if you catch aggro but stand far away, the chance is the tank has aggro back before the mob can run up to you) and solo (mobs with melee range can be taken out more safely with root/nuke tactics) situations.

For a weapon choice, the question is what is the purpose of your toon?

If you have a PVP toon in mind, your choice would be an aimedshot weapon, simply due to the limitations on landing other special attacks.

If you simply plan a leveling toon, I would stick to the cyberdeck and not touch a weapon until at least TL 6. IF, and I say IF, you wanna maximize your damage output between TL6 and 215 (when cyberdeck nukes start to kick in), you might wanna go with an easy to self-equip weapon in order to hotswap with cyberdeck in situations needed (VS raidmobs, etc).

Ideas that come to my mind are pistols (supported through symbs), assault rifle (JAME) or shotgun (MAW). Not that you will not keep these skills and eventually find yourself using IPR points, as cyberdeck WILL be the final option at high levels.

Personally I would no longer touch weapon skills at all, but simply tweak your damage output through high nano init and enjoy the extra nanoskills on the cyberdeck to cast stuff sooner and have it land easier.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Satenia
    Personally I would no longer touch weapon skills at all, but simply tweak your damage output through high nano init and enjoy the extra nanoskills on the cyberdeck to cast stuff sooner and have it land easier.
    Agreed. Although fond memories of 2he, 2hb and martial arts make me sometimes reconsider such advice.. But alas, this is the day of the Shadowlands, and you won't really benefit from it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Heh, I used to duel wield Santiago cross blades just for the looks. That was a long time ago though..... 0.o

I was an MA NT up until 70-80 ish... that was back in the Lush outpost mines, VBs, and 8x8 days... pre-team missions. It was pretty gimpy, but then Jae was my first character out of title 1 and I remember being broke most of the time.