Thread: Concept for Customized Guild Structures

Concept for Customized Guild Structures

Instead of forcing guild structures, it would be nice to enable a guild to create/modify its own structure.

Guild Commands for Customizing Guild Structure:

The following is a proposed list of guild commands for building a customized guild structure.

/org setranks [##] sets the number of ranks... with a maximum cap of some number... say 10 or 12 for sake of berevity.

Guild ranks would start out as 1 for the guild leader and sequence downward to the limit of the number of ranks.

/org ranktitle [##] [title] takes the rank number and gives it a title.... the default would be rank 1, rank 2, rank 3, etc.

/org ranktitlevote [##] [##] takes the rank number and gives it a number of votes. When a member of a given rank votes, that member casts that number of votes.

/org rankcap [##] [##] sets the cap of how many individuals can be assigned that rank; the first value is the rank number being set and the second value is the number of individuals assigned - leaving the second value blank would allow an unlimited number of members at that rank. This is a reflection of existing guild structures where there is a set number of individuals at a given rank. Leaving this blank gives a default of unlimited number of individuals at that rank. Though Rank 1 (the guild leader) may have a default of 1.

/org typename [name] gives the organizational type a name... for example /org typename Confederation would set the guild type to "Confederation" when viewed vs Republic, Faction, Feudalism, etc.

When a guild is created, the guild leader would set a number of data elements. The default would be anarchy, where there are two ranks... rank 1 being the guild leader with 1 allowed at that rank and rank 2 being guild member with unlimited number of individuals at that rank.

For ease of creation, a player could set all of these with preset default organization structures... for example Republic, Faction, and Feudalism would set up the number of ranks, rank titles, and available votes with preset default values... as already exists within the game. But with the above commands, the structure could be modified to fit the needs, structure, and objectives of a given guild.

Finally, when org info is displayed, the rank of a given player would say Rank 1/3, or Rank 4/4, or Rank ##/## for ease of a referencing player understanding where a given rank fits into a given organizational structure. Note that the first number represents the rank of the player and the second number represents the number of ranks in the organization. Though as perhaps as part of the /org info the ranks and rank titles could be listed.

This gives greatest flexibility to the players.

At the least, it would be nice to change the rank titles and guild type name of a given guild type. For example the Enlightened of Rubi-Ka is a religious group... there are no organizations with structures and Rank titles that reflect this. We selected Faction as the closest, it would be ideal to rename our guild type as "Religious Foundation" for example.

Furthermore, we have created our own rank titles and this was our determining factor in selecting a Faction. I am titled a "Board Member" when in my guild I am titled as a "Prophet". We would like to insititute changes across the board... applicant = Neophyte, member = Devoted, veteran = Disciple, board member = Prophet. Just as an example.

DarqOmen

Thumbs up

I quite like those suggestions. They could probably be rather easy to implement (?) and would bring quite an imrovement.

For example, with the current absurd system where only high ranked ppl can invite new members, I had (like many others) to change my org to department, with such crappy rank names as Squad commander...!?
    Nikh
    RK2 Omni Martial Artist

Honorary Sensei of The Dojo - Omni School of Martial Arts
    Visit us at: http://thedojo.free.fr