Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Obsession

I spent the next few days in the infirmary. Tiger Claw’s finest doctors healed most of my wounds, but nothing they did could heal the damage done by the machine. My face had a long slice from my ear, across my cheek, to my chin. Arimi was on assignment, but I had Spookydoc and Warzell doing their best. Wooly came in for a debriefing, and I adjusted the blankets. I turned my face away from him. Wooly asked some questions and then I gave my statement. “Apparently the Defiler is a person, I suspect something personal with Naefen. The machine is what we were after. You were right about it being catastrophic. The wounds inflicted by it will not heal. He had it on a low setting or I imagine I would be permanently gone. Ban did not know about the Defiler, nor do I suspect he knew about this weapon.” I answered a few more questions and he put his recorder away. “Ivy, I know you went through hell. But you did an invaluable service for all Clanners, so don’t you dare hide your face in shame. Wear that scar with honor…you earned it and we will remember what you did when we see it.” He ruffled my hair and left. I was glad to be able to get a machine with that much power out of omni hands, but I could not be more ashamed of what I had done to Banishedsoul.

((This is the end of Part 2, hope you enjoyed it! Part 3 coming soon!))

As promised...

Several months later…

I bent over the sink and splashed water on my face. I could hear voices in the corridor outside the bathroom and I wondered how long we could keep up this pace. Tiger Claw had been working non-stop to establish our own city, gathering the materials required for our top engineers. I reached for a towel and wiped my face. Staring back at me was a face I hardly recognized. One side was flawless, and the other was marred by a long, dark scar that would never go away. Losing my vanity had been an important lesson to learn. People treated me differently now, and although it stung my pride, I tried go on as normal. I straightened my hair and headed back into the corridor to my ‘quarters’. Naefen had apparently taken exception to my involvement in recovering the machine, and had my bank hacked. My funds were gone and I could no longer afford the luxurious apartment I once had. I stayed in private quarters in the headquarters for now, and although it was small, it suited my needs. I dropped my tank and pads to the floor, pulled the bunk down from the wall, and I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

I awoke to a pounding on my door. Blurry eyed, I stumbled to answer it. I opened it to see Remmance pacing impatiently. “Phoenix Rising is under attack and need assistance. Will you come?” he asked. I turned around to grab my gear and we hurried to the base. We met several others at the rally point, including Woolgatherer and Pneumen. The attackers were strong and we could see the land control towers falling fast. I knew I would surely die, but I prepared anyway and headed into the suppression gas. It was chaos. Attackers and defenders were dispersed throughout the base, and I had a hard time locating a single target. I spotted Remmance in the distance and headed to assist him. As I approached, a felt a round of bullets pierce my flesh and I stumbled. I turned around to see Gunsaber closing in fast. There was no time to run. My disfigured face startled him a moment and it gave me the edge I needed to return the favor. I emptied a round into him and he grunted in surprise. We faced off for a few moments, seeing who could take more pain and it was easy to see that I was beaten again. My health faded fast but my eyes didn’t leave his. Just as I thought I was beaten, Gunsaber’s eyes widened in surprise and he fell as shots flew past me into him. He fell at my feet and I kicked his dead body for good measure. Remmance and Woolgatherer stood behind me. I gave them a weak grin and headed out of gas to heal up.

We arrived back at the headquarters several hours later. The attackers had been thwarted and our help had been much appreciated. I had enormous satisfaction from seeing Gunsaber fall, even though it was not I that killed him. “Well done today everyone,” Woolgather said, “Get some rest and we’ll debrief in the morning.” I nodded and turned down the hall to my quarters, and Remmance walked with me. He stopped me outside of my door. “I’m worried about you Ivy. You don’t have to go through all of this alone. You’re shutting everyone out.” He regarded my reaction carefully. I tried to laugh it off but winced with pain, as I would not see a doctor for another few hours. “Remmance I am fine. It’s been a long day. I haven’t even had time to think lately.” He reached out to brush a strand of hair away from my face and I flinched. Memories of our kiss in the cave flooded back. I tried to turn away but he caught me. “You’re still beautiful, Ivy.” He traced the scar down my cheek to my lips. He was thinking about it too. Sadness washed over me and I crumbled. I couldn’t stop crying. Remmance wrapped his arms around me and held me as I sobbed into his shoulder. He opened the door to my quarters and led me in. He helped me out of my gear and looked my wounds over. “You’ll live. Sleep now.” He pulled my bunk down and I fell into it, exhausted.
    Last edited by Ivyna; Oct 9th, 2004 at 21:31:36.

More More MORE!!

Don't keep us waiting too long Ivy. You are a very good writer and keep me on the edge of my seat waiting for new editions of your saga. Well done, I look forward to reading more.

bump for one of the coolest peeps on Rimor

btw ivy got your two glyphs and frn ready for ya
    Last edited by Shadowstlkr; Oct 23rd, 2004 at 08:09:55.
    //Chars//
    220/20 - Doctor ~Newt ~ Docnochoc
    191/7- Adven ~ Newt ~ Apostle

When I woke up he was gone. Light poured through my window and I felt rested and ready to face the day. As I showered, I thought about the night before. Remmance had a way of bringing the most honest and disturbing emotions to the surface. It made me uncomfortable, yet…it felt good to have someone be protective of me and take care of me. I finished my shower and dressed.

There was a soft knock on my door, and I opened it as I toweled my hair. Chinette stood in the hallway. In shock, I stared at her for a moment, then grabbed her and hugged her tightly. “It’s so damn good to see you Chinette!” She hugged me back and I opened the door for her to come in. Chinette was Remmance’s ex-fiancée who had gone off-world, and my good friend. We chatted as I finished getting ready and we headed to the outdoor bar to catch up. We chatted for a long while about her reasons for returning and then she paused. “So, is Remmance sleeping with anyone?” She asked. I choked. “Uh, not that I’m aware of. I don’t think so. I tried but he wasn’t having it.” She seemed sad. “I don’t blame you for that. I left with little explanation.” We spoke for a long time about Remmance and my guilt from the kiss eased. We had just stood up to leave when I heard Remmance yell “Hey Ivy, wait up!” I turned around and saw his face just as he saw who was with me. He looked confused for a moment, got his bearings and gave her a hug. “Well, I will let you two catch up…come see me soon Chinette!” I made a hasty exit and left them both standing there to face each other.

I went through the back hallway in our headquarters to see if I could find Wooly for my next assignment. I approached the great room and saw several of my fellow soldiers sitting around a table laughing. “She’s good for one thing, and it ain’t tanking.” One said. They roared with laughter and continued. One stood up and mocked a pose with a gun. I decided to make my presence known. I came up behind him and the others shut up immediately. I pushed the barrel of my gun between his legs and took the safety off. It echoed in the now deathly silent room. “No, I think I like this pose much better.” I saw him stiffen. “We were just kidding around Ivy. I didn’t mean anything by it.” I kicked his knee from behind and sent him to the floor. I was sick to death of not being taken seriously. I took him by the arm, helped him up, and dragged him to Wooly’s office. “I’ll leave you to tell your version of the story.” I said and left him to wait outside.

I went back to my quarters and quickly packed a bag. I was done with this. No matter what I did, they weren’t going to see me as an equal. I threw my armor on and reached into my bottom drawer for my lava protection boots. I headed unnoticed out of the headquarters and straight into hell.
    Tiger Claw's site has changed! Please visit us at tiger-claw.net!

I wiped the sweat from my forehead with my arm and squinted across the horizon. I had been in Inferno for two weeks. Lava flowed freely and the ground smoked beneath my feet. I headed up a steep path through a mountain pass. I was supposed to meet a group of clanners at Razor’s lair, but I was running late as usual. Suddenly, the ground shook and cracked under my feet. I watched the crack quickly start to spread and I ran blindly up the path. I turned my head back to look and it seemed like the crevice was eager to swallow me whole. I turned back around and ran squarely into a hoary spinetooth dragon. I felt its scales burn my cheek and it screeched in outrage. I ducked under its flailing tail and ran further up the path. It chased me and I could feel its hot breath on my neck. I the path turned into a cliff up a mountain, and I kept running. I rounded a corner and came face to face with a marsh lizard. Its massive body took up most of the path. It didn’t see me yet. I ran underneath it and it protested by flaming the spinetooth that was chasing me. I heard the commotion from behind, and then both were chasing me. I looked at the steep incline ahead of me and I knew I would never make it to the Lair. I looked down over the ledge and saw a small outcrop. I jumped as the dragons caught up with me and landed with an ungraceful thud. They screeched above me but did not follow. I jumped the rest of the way down and looked around. A brood of dragons were to the east, but there was a small opening in the rocks to the west. I followed the passage out of the mountain and into a wide open expanse of land. It was barren of vegetation and wildlife. I decided to find a way around the mountain through the barren plains. Maybe there would be another path on the other side.

Several hours later, I decided I was lost. The mountain had turned into a solid wall up as high as I could see. I dodged hecklers by the dozens and there seemed to be no way out of these plains. I shielded my eyes and looked across the land. I saw what appeared to be a sprinkling of trees in the distance and a camp and headed that direction. As I got closer, I saw an outline of a Slayer bot and a few people standing on a hill. There was no chance of me observing them. I had nowhere to hide. I walked up to the camp and three faces eyed me carefully. “Hey, sorry to crash your camp. I got lost in the plains. Mind if I stay for a while?” I said. “Suit yourself. There’s food over there if you’re hungry.” One of them motioned to the smoldering fire pit. He looked closer at me and immediately began inspecting my wounds. I shrugged him off. “I’m fine, just a few scratches.” He made a motion to touch my face. “It doesn’t heal.” I said. He tried a few times, then shook his head in puzzlement. I decided to distract him. “My name’s Ivy. What’s yours?” “Docnochoc, but you can call me Doc. That ugly mug is Guojia, and the quiet one there is Tacocrat.” Doc tossed a rock at Guojia and he caught it. I took my first good look at him. He stood and my eyes followed from his feet to his face. I couldn’t help it. He was beautiful. He shot me a wink and went about repairing his slayer. Tacocrat had a very serious look about him. He nodded to me and motioned at my shoulderpads. “You’re clan, which org?” “Tiger Claw.” I said. Doc nodded. “I know some fine people in Tiger Claw. Know Wooly well.” I smiled, feeling homesick all of a sudden. “We’re New Movement.” I gave him a blank look. “Neutral org.” I felt awkward and embarrassed. I hadn’t met a neutral before and I felt weird not being able to return the sentiment. He laughed. “It’s ok if you haven’t heard of us. We’re a rare breed.” My curiousity got the better of me and I asked them countless questions about neutrality and their beliefs. They were very open with me, which I appreciated, and in return I showed them as much respect as I could by not pushing my beliefs.

I ended up staying with them for a month. We fought hard, killing hecklers and profiting from their ingots. Doc and I became great friends. Guojia turned out to be a huge flirt with a fondness for redheads. I really liked him, but kept myself in check. I did not need more man problems! Tacocrat, despite his funny name, was the most reserved and serious. At the end of the month, I headed back with them, eager to get home and make amends for my hasty departure. I felt more confident and experienced, and would never let the men belittle me that way again.

((psssst get writing Gunsaber, I'm on top again))

keep it up ivy, btw, mines gettin good
    Remember Clammies,

OMNI-TEK IS YOUR FRIEND

pfft Guoj you pimp :P
    //Chars//

Borealis was my first stop. I needed to rest before finishing my journey and I was invited to spend some time with Doc and the guys at their outpost. A petite young redhead came rushing out to greet us. “Glad to see you all made it back safely!” She made her round of hugs, then noticed my presence. She shot a pensive look between Guojia and I, and I took that moment to introduce myself. “You must be Alaria. I’m Ivy. Your colleagues saved me from certain death, and I have been looking forward to meeting you. I’ve heard nothing but good things, I promise!” I took a step closer to Doc and she looked relieved. Guojia shot Alaria a concerned look. “Any more trouble from the Stormkeepers?” Alaria shrugged. “Nothing we couldn’t handle. The latest threat was ‘because I was a bitch.’” Guojia’s face turned red with anger. Alaria hugged him and said “Let’s go inside. We’re having a party tonight.” I wanted to know more about what was going on with Malice42 and the Stormkeepers but decided to keep quiet for now. Everyone went their own direction to get cleaned up. I stood there awkwardly, and Alaria smiled. “I have some clothes you can wear, if you would like to get cleaned up.” I highly doubted I would get a toe into anything she had, but I followed her to her quarters.

I watched Alaria from her closet door. She was a tiny burst of energy, tossing clothes this way and that. She emerged a few moments later with a brightly colored outfit. “This should fit you. Take your time getting ready.” I took a quick shower and finished getting ready with Alaria. The outfit she loaned me was a bit tight, but at least I was not in my dirty armor. I took another glance at my scar, frowned, and walked out.

The party was in full swing. Music echoed through the darkness outside and the area was dimly lit by fires and lights strung haphazardly across the fencing. I spotted Doc and took a seat next to him. He looked more relaxed than I had ever seen him. “Glad to be home?” I asked. He took another drink and leaned back. “Yeah, these people are my family.” An engineer made his way to the dancefloor with his bot, donned in a wig and dress. I laughed. “That’s Ziggat. He’s a crazy bastard, in love with his bot.” I raised an eyebrow. “I don’t even want to know how that works. I’m going to get a drink. I’ll bring you another.” I said and hopped up. I approached the bar to see a tiny agent standing on top of it. He was visibly drunk and trying to convince the bartender of his prowess. I motioned to her and she looked visibly relieved. I ordered two drinks, and he kept talking. He dropped names of people I had heard of, and I snickered at the image of such a tiny man dropping an enforcer.

“Don’t be fooled by his size. Ivort, when sober, is one of the deadliest agents you’ll run across.” The man next to me spoke softly and I turned to face him. He had a feral look, with untamed hair and a tattoo covering half of his face. His eyes flashed yellow for a split second and he continued. “I’m Azazel. You came with Doc? You don’t look like his usual type.” I laughed. “He has a type? That’s good to know. I’m Ivy. Doc and I are friends, and I am only here for the night. Heading back to Athens in the morning.” His eyes studied my face and I resisted the urge to turn away, ashamed of my scar. “There are some here that hold a lot of resentment toward clanners. Be careful.” “But why? Most orgs that I know of, including my own, harbor no hostility toward neutrals.” I was honestly baffled. Azazel sighed. “It’s a long story that doesn’t belong at this party.” He took another drink and although I wanted to pursue it, I decided to ask Doc later. I turned to leave and ran into another adventurer who flinched as if he was singed by touching me. “You didn’t tell me this was a clam bake Az,” the man growled and gave Azazel a punch in the shoulder. They looked so much alike that I decided they were brothers. “Ivy this is Joakimwalker, my brother. He’s a bitter son of a bitch. Ignore him. Ivy’s a friend of Doc’s, only here for the night. Back off.” Jo bumped me out of the way to order a drink and I decided this was a good time to make my exit. I worked my way back to Doc and handed him his drink. We spent the night dancing and drinking. I caught a glimpse of Guojia and Alaria making out on the dance floor and smiled. It felt like another lifetime, that I could have been as happy as those two once. Memories of Banishedsoul crept up but I pushed them back as fast as they came. That was another lifetime. I finished my drink, made my excuses, and headed home.
    Last edited by Ivyna; Nov 20th, 2004 at 21:17:15.

sober ivort????

is that even possible
    //Chars//

i've been around for almost 8 months and not once have i seen Iv sober... have i missed something? =D

keep em coming, Ivy! sweet read so far...

Xin
    Firenzy

Quote Originally Posted by Ivyna
    I caught a glimpse of Guojia and Alaria making out on the dance floor and smiled.
    ./me blushes

she was choking on a peanut i swearz, and i was helping her with it
    Freshman Lord "Guojia" Buffbegsalot
    220 Neutral Solitus Engineer "Supreme Creator"
    First Neutral Engineer to reach Enlightenment Of Anarchy Online

-= Just Visiting =-

ROFL ROFL

.. yea right

lols.. finally something interesting to read at work =P

I wanna have more Ivy
    Man or Machine???

Disciples of Omni-Tek

gimmeh more! lub this ****e
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Jack’s pets Vishnu and Brahma??? what?? you named the pets name after Hindu God's they worship?? sorry being a Hindu myself i am really offended by that... otherwise its a good read.

I suggest you to make good research before using names of religious deities.

you know what, nobody cares. You are allowed to be offended you know, i get offended every day. Matter of fact you're offending me now, stop breathing plx.
    Afflicted: Soldier of Tiger Claw.
    Liability: Bureaucrat of Tiger Claw.
    Visit us at www.tiger-claw.net

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast