Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: >> CLAN's advantage <<

Re: that's not really fair......

Originally posted by Litheria
    That's not really fair..... (zap) What about the clanners that choose not to be in an organization? (zap)
    We didn't spoke so much of organizations advantages but of more general clans advanatges as far as I am concerned. Maybe you could some ides too along these lines ...

But organization advantages shouldn't be canceled. It would be a very nice addition for Clans and would give strength to the Clans tribalism somehow. I like it a lot.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Wasn't the intent that Omni organisations should be tied to departments, and that they would get their enhanced equipment that way?

Omni-pol departments should get better Omni-pol only armor/weapons.

Omni-med departments should get better tools/clothes or something.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

yeah I think omni eq is way overated, elite is no better than nadir steel or nano armor, and the shop price difference is extremly small I think the org advantages should go to both sides and clans should get like an ip bonus, cause if it was a choice between omnipol armor or an extra + to time and space and matter cre, I would drop omni like an annoying girlfriend, the advantages should be somewhat equal, no a cool look against a skill bonus cause appearance is always secondary

Cool

Honestly unbalancing the way someone gets XP in Clan / Omni or Neutral side is going to be very problematic. I'd rather see the advantages stick to items available or not.

Tradeskills, scavenging, etc... seems ok in this direction.

Now I won't complain to see good bonuses to clan Organizations too.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Lightbulb ELITE WEAPONS

Should be WEAPONS!

A new line of clan only weapons, this would really make some Omni scum begin to crust. But, hey they have the ELITE armor line to counter it. So why cant we have Elite weapons.....

Because we are supposed to be hindered by our rebellion, the items could even be supplied by one of Omni's galactic competitors....imported by a Guild to aid in the Rebel cause and for a bit of their own personal gaine ( as one could imagine the Shadows of Rubi-Ka doing so). Offcourse Snarf would have to approve this, but something tells me he would be ok with it

Even rings or bracelets would be nice.....

I feel that differences between Clan and Omni should begin to grow more and more, from the start would have been nice, but hey.....I settle for now.....or.....even soon ;P

Perhaps general diferences in all professions.....for instance different Adventurer morphs with similer stats. Giving them their own distinct look.....=).......or......Martial Artist different moves based on side......Engineers different pets and so on

Not neccisarely all things but some diversity would really add to the division of Clan and Omni. I mean that is the idea....if we wanted to be the same we would all be Omni.......Bah

Also wouldnt we be developing new things to try and get an edge on the other.....so why do we have all the same technology?

Doughboy2/Skyy2 of the SoR

I am not playing an adventurer anytime soon, but I like the idea of different morphs.

I dont like the sound of this... Rebels get advantages? They should get disadvantages!

ehm... seriously.

I don't think its fair to give rebells bonusess to skills. We might have a easier way to find equippment, but it would be better if clanners could get theyr hands on things from the black marked or something, more prototype items. If the clanners get bonuses to skills, they would have an upper hand in a combat between two equally equipped players. I don't think thats fair. Something else should be thought of.... Easy accessability to equippment is not that much of an advantage i think.

Originally posted by Nocturnal
    .... Easy accessability to equippment is not that much of an advantage i think.
    Mmmh... I will try not to reply to each post in thread I promise.

I rather agree with you. But then half of the game is about getting the best equipment available. So I guess that it makes a lot of difference, even if we only speak of the price.

I can max my 2HB but if I don't find an adequate hammer to equip, it doesn't make a lot of difference for instance.

So I don't think that claners want +10% xp or +10% IPs but getting a +10 2HB in my organization would allow me to equip early on my next hammer and I will have a slight advantage over an OT guy. This advantage can be easily gained with implants of course, but getting in another easier way is good.

This is just an example, maybe rather inapropriate but I'm just looking for my next hammer right now and being an Atrox I cannot easily shift my mind.

My point is still that I will enjoy getting illegal items that OT employees wouldn't be able / allowed to use.

Re: ELITE WEAPONS

Originally posted by DoughBoy

A new line of clan only weapons, this would really make some Omni scum begin to crust. But, hey they have the ELITE armor line to counter it. So why cant we have Elite weapons.....
    Like the uber Knight armor which was pulled?

the clans are revolutionaries. we use guerilla tactics. those always work well against established 'big' armys like OT.

when u have to rely on your skills and knowledge to survive more than someone who is 'take care of' by the corporation, u tend to get better at doing it. clans should have an advantage in skills somehow.

it does not need to be big at all, just needs to make us different.

i really like the idea of the profs diverging more and more as time progresses. a type of speciation(sp?).

equipment that is out of OT regulations supplied by competing corporations or made by the clans would be a good way of reationalizing how clans can have different weapons.

---

something interesting would be to let everybody wear each other's side-specific equipment.

it makes sense for clanners to find some equipment on a kill and pick it up and use it. it also makes sense for some other hot headed clanner to see an OT armor wearer coming in the distance and mistakenly kill the the clanner wearing OT armor.

it would make sense that OT employees be able to get their hand on equipment that is out of regulation. if they get caught with it, they need to be ready to face the consequences.

this could add some ****e to the game.

how about a clan guild advantage of being better at some skills.

e.g. one guild might have ppl that specialize in a particular type of weapon or armor usage or skill.

a guild could have varying skill advantages at once, but their effectiveness would be diminished when mixed with others. they could assign individuals to be better at some skill.

gummi the enf might become really specialized at using hammers and impart some of his knowledge to the rest of the guild. doctor robert could become really specialized at healing and could help others with their treatment skill.

the higher a percentage of your guild u dedicate to a particular skill, the more dominant that skill would get compared to the other skills the guild is concentrating on. this would give guilds an incentive to have enough ppl to meet all their skill desires, but woulg not give huge guilds an unfair advantage merely becaue of large numbers. larger guilds could have a much tighter control on relative skill strengths than smaller ones.

with weapon adjusting trade skills coming to the fore soon, how about being able to make adjustments to weapons and other equipment that makes them different.

let clanners fix their weapons up like clanners. let them be different from the standard issue OT equipment. once modified, this equipment could only be used by clanners. same for OT.

how is this a clan advantage, u might ask. the answer is that clanners could have access to making their equipment just a bit better. OT start out with better factory equipment, but clans can make up for it by modifying their equipment til it is of matching ( or higher ) quality.

Exclamation clan "bonusses", really?

I don't really think it would be good for the org's to offer bonuses... I am in a guild, and I am indeed happy that it's a group of people who help each other out, and not just joined the group because they can get some kind of bonus from it. That would be OT!!!

I like the idea of trade skill related differences, like Thyrra sais in the previous post. And thinking of that, I'd like to use my hacker tool once against an OmniPol Desert Armor to remove the "omni" requirement (or, e.g. transform the requirement from "omni" into "agent" or "fixer") hehe, how's that WTB cracked OmniPol armor, paying 200k!
    Last edited by Tak; Dec 13th, 2001 at 10:53:58.

Heh. Omni has no advantage over clan currently.

Clan has roughly as many shops, not that it matters. After QL125, you can't buy what you need anymore. Cluster shops have no side requirement, so that's irrelivant.

Clanners should not get more IP per lvl. I do not think this was ever FC's intention. Personally, I don't even think they should get a guild wide skill bonus just for being clan. What's Omni's advantage?

Supposedly I can make more money then clanners. If that's true, I've done it exactly the same way any clanner can; I get no salary from omni, I get no equipment from omni, and I don't wear omni-only armor (not that it's all that much better then clan-only armor anyway; yes, it is a bit better, but not much).

Not that money really matters at the high end game anyway. I have enough to buy nano chargers and HP kits, and It only takes me a day to generate teh cash needed for a full compliment of nano clusters right now (not that I don't have it anyway heh). Money's almost useless at the high end game; I don't accept credits for anything anymore, and I've not had to give credits to PCs for items since level 90ish.

Neither side has a real advantage, and I think it should stay that way.

The thing that I think has to be addressed is the fact that there is currently no reason to stay with one side over the other, other then the in game players. Most people have friends who are both clan and omni, both because you tend to meet clanners or omnis after a while that are nice, or because old omni or clan friends change sides sometimes. The main reason for changing sides in game currently: don't get along with your side's players. We have no real reason to be clan or omni currently; giving a gameplay advantage is a BAD thing. Remember when clanners had the uber mission runs from avalon to BS for xp? Do you know how many high level omnis went clan 'for missions'? Do you realize at that time, every other 100+ omni was changing to clan? Do you realize that after running missions for XP was removed, most, if not all of them, changed back to omni?

Please FC, don't give clanners or omni a big advantage over the other; especially skill based. It's hard enough to convince people to stay on Omni's side if they're thinking of leaving as it is heh.
    Last edited by dfield; Dec 13th, 2001 at 17:57:01.

Originally posted by dfield
    I don't wear omni-only armor (not that it's all that much better then clan-only armor anyway; yes, it is a bit better, but not much).
    What clan only armour?

Omni get more cash for the items they sell to a vendor, someone quoted 50% at the lower levels, this is a fairly major advantage, as it can be used to buy better implants, better armour, better guns, etc. Omni also get items cheeper from vendors.

I think that the clans should be given an advantage too.
    Like, clan only items, that would be the best way to do it (not my idea of course, cant be bothered to check who said this first). Naturally they would need a slight edge on omni only equipment, as omni have had their advantage for 6 months already, leaving them ahead.

Its developing into a new war, its not class war, whine to make my class uber, its now alignment war, whine to make my side uber. This game has matured.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Originally posted by dfield
    Neither side has a real advantage, and I think it should stay that way.
    I agree with some of this and you are making some points in your post. But I cannot agree that OT don't have advantages. You have slightly better cash, shop facilities and good armor that are OT only. These are facts. As a clanner I have nothing like that.

This is not a major unbalancing, but still it is necessary that one day (monday is ok) we do have something too. It would be nice though that noone starts developping paranoia about "more Ips" or stuff like that, since it was netheir asked.

And I must add that when Clan get some nice advantages, it wouldn't be bad that OT advantages are increased and it same way if it's necessary.

Anyway, what I appreciate in this kind of threads is of course, new ideas.

Channels

Right now, OT has NO advantage over Clans. You may think "But they get Omni-Pol white and Elite armor" well I've seen dozens of Clanners in full elite, so just drop that subject. Besides, you get better AC from Primus armor.

I believe there is a bug in this game that Funcom needs to fix. Currently, Clanners can use BOTH Clan and OT channels. For me, this is a HUGE advantage since OT can ONLY use their own channels. I think either OT should be able to use both channels, or Clan should get the OT channel taken away. It's only common sense that this should happen.

OT no advantage

As a few people have already pointed out that OT has no advantage to speak of. While is true we can wear different armour theres nothing stopping the clans wearing it. Just jog down to tir for the day and see the number of clan in Omni Armour.

I stood be a grid once hear to clan guild mates talking, they where both wearing omni elite and tell a younger clan member how to get it. As a clan all you need to do is change your self to omni equip the amour and then change back to clan 72 hours later.

As for getting more cash of items, well it hardly makes a difference most of the money is made out of missions or trading items to players. The small amouts you get from the terminals have no impact on me making money.

If OT is suppose to be this great big company they should have some clear advantage with skills. For example better education, better at trade skills perhaps, where the clans you would expect to be stronger perhaps or more batttle hardend.

But right now no faction has any real advantage.

Obvious advantages :

Buying maps for CLAN controlled zones should be quite cheap (skill and creds -wise) for clanners, when OT zones should be really expensive, if available at all.

Symetric advantage appliable to OT sides.

Don't bother to jump on the fact that OT have better satellite dishes, CLAN have better scramblers.

Switching sides :

I always found this was not a good idea. Even if it can be somehow realistic and that people can see the light once or twice in their life. But just being able to apply for a new side within a few hours whenever you feel like it, is just... too convenient. It ruins the atmosphere.

Now are special times and the colateral truce should be a very unique time in our history, where both sides could mix, switch affiliation and so on.

I do hope that it won't last and that trolling Omni-E will be again something that I won't be able to do soon. It should be for a claner a very unique experience, just not a matter of getting 130 comp lit or so.

To be very clear I don't have tremendous feelings for ppl that just switch side a few hrs to get good missions or better armor. It's not exploiting of course, but I feel it's a kind of abuse that is not well suited to the game's spirit.

But that's just me.

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Obvious advantages :
    Buying maps for CLAN controlled zones should be quite cheap (skill and creds -wise) for clanners, when OT zones should be really expensive, if available at all.

Switching sides :
    It ruins the atmosphere.
    i thought the skill reqs for maps were different depending on which faction u were part of, i have never checked this since i've never switched side. skill req seems like a much tougher req to get past than cash.

---

i'm fine with ppl switching sides an using the equipment from their new side. it should drop off when switch back though, since u no longer meet the reqs.

---

that ppl are switching sides for some 'not much better' armor points to that being an advantage. the advantage does not need to be much or even combat specific. do u know how boring it is to see an ever-increasing number of ppl out there wearing the same dress? OT has a diversity advantage, if nothing else.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast