Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: >> CLAN's advantage <<

>> CLAN's advantage <<

A lot of fixing being around and many old problems starting to be adressed, I wonder what kind of advantage Clans should get over OT ?

I realize that some guild advantages were supposed to be active in a distant future... but is this what we need now ? Would you be happy for instance to see a +3% XP bonus to all Clans when you are reaching lvl 120 now ?

Well OT advantage is all about equipment. CLAN advantage could be about stealth, evasion, rapid movement, xp bonus, improvements in Clan controlled zones (read better loot, more spawn points, more static dungeons), ...

What's your ideas ?
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Personnally i feel that clan's need to have their orginally intended but not yet implemented organization bonses. Judging from the ONE that does exist in the game (check vendor in old athens, forget where, npc outdoor vendor standing on a corner someplace) the org bonus amounts to free implant work on a given skill.

Thats fine with me, if you thinka bout it. Of course it has the possiblity of splitting up clan orgs by proffession. I mean, as a soldier, why would i want to join a muli proffessional guild when i can join a guild that offers a bonus to Assault Rifles? Upshot is you'd be alot more skilled than you normally would be at lower levels.

Overall its the sterotypical rpg setup. Go here, get better prices and stuff. Go there get crappy prices but be more skilled.

This needed to be implented like.. ohh i dunno.. the same time omni got that uber armor of theirs. (saw some graphs drawn on the values of all the armors in game someplace, OT elite is top of the list in overall protection)

I believe that originally the clan bonus was supposed to be more IP per level. Dunno what happened to it, though. (Same deal, crappier stuff, better skill)
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

No, the clans guild gets bonuses to skills (in form of a +20~ or something bonus). They are active as long as the guild pays the upkeep for them.

Sure, there will be some soldier (or any profession) guilds, but there is a good advantage in joining a blended guild.

You can easily contact people with the buffs or tradeskills you require.

You can easily assemble a group with a balance of professions.

It fun! Sure, you won't get the specialized bonuses, but everyone benefits from comp literacy, or body dev, or something like that.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Switching sides

Giving the clans a big advantage would be wrought with peril at this stage of the game.

Omni Trade and Omni 1 are free zones to calnners now that the amnesty is in effect, so they can buy anything that we can buy.

Charging more for cell scans isnt really a big deal. If you cant afford a cell scan weather OT or Clan, you are in a whole heap of trouble

The whole purpose of having a Clan Char is to be the renegade, and to have a more difficult experience. At least that was what I read in the AO book.

Anyways, if you gave a big advantage to the clans, (more IP points or whatnot...) Players would just switch for a few levels, then switch again. I know that you are stuck on the side you switch to for 72??? hours. I can leave my char logged in in a shop in trade while I am at work and get around that really fast.

It is an interesting Idea though... I would be interested to see more difference between the CLan OT sides... Right now with the amnesty there really isnt anything that seperates us.
    Being a circus trainer has to be the best job in the world, until the bears figure out how to take off the muzzle.

Clan cant buy from Omni stores, regardless of amnesty

Angry

Clan can't wear Omni armor regardless of the amnesty.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Smile

And Omni 1 was alredy safe for Clan before the amnestie it s a 100% zone that just added the spam and BTW now it s same for OT at least in tir and Athen

OMNI restrictions

What I want to see are some heavy omni dresskode. I mean, it's a company right, and companies usually have a dresskode the employees have to follow. That's where the clans should differ, a clansman can wear whatever he wants to, while an omni always have to wear some sort of uniform.

I remember reading a questioneer back before release that should determine if you should choose omni or clan. One of the questions was: I like to wear whatever I like / I like to wear cool looking uniforms.

Now I know there's alot of omni only armor and cloaks out there, but they are optional.. you can always wear something else if you want to look different. Omni is a large cooperation, they should have a dresscode and little room for individual/personal choice.

No, the clan bonuses have not been implemented yet.

There is only one of them which has been, it's something like +20 to 1handed melee weapons. Which 90% of us don't use.

I can though!

Dress code = RP/PvP opportunities?

I can't take credit here-it's Transcendent's idea, but I'd like to expand on it....

Dress code for Omni is an interesting idea. I'm not sure if I support it or not, but it's worth considering.

I don't think they should conform everyone to dress code all the time though, for example. When in the clubs & such, you should be able to wear what you like (even in real life,you can wear what you'd like when you are off the clock).

Perhaps an idea would be that certain areas can only be accessed by those wearing proper attire - maybe Omni HQ, for example.

That - and an Omni employee wearing a trenchcoat (or similar) with a CLAN symbol on the back should be treated just like a clanner (In PvP, omni should be able to 'mistakenly' shoot them down-since they appear to be clan members from a distance), and guards in the omni cities should harrass them with :
    "hi there --playername--did you know that omni has declared an amnesty...apply for a job with corporation..." constantly, just like they do to clanners.

(Hey, If you're gonna wear something with the clan symbol on it, you take the risk of being mistaken for a clan member. --maybe if your concealment is high enough, it could allow omni employee to "sneak" unnoticed into clan areas - until, of course, someone targets you and realizes you are not clan.

This could yield great RP possibilities, and give more use to the concealment skill, create new demand for certain clothing articles (jean trenchcoat, for example), which omni would have to buy from a neutral.

---hmmm. I'm not a game developer - so I dont' know. what does everyone else think of this?
    «¤ W¥RM ¤»

Re: >> CLAN's advantage <<

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    A lot of fixing being around and many old problems starting to be adressed, I wonder what kind of advantage Clans should get over OT ?

I realize that some guild advantages were supposed to be active in a distant future... but is this what we need now ? Would you be happy for instance to see a +3% XP bonus to all Clans when you are reaching lvl 120 now ?

Well OT advantage is all about equipment. CLAN advantage could be about stealth, evasion, rapid movement, xp bonus, improvements in Clan controlled zones (read better loot, more spawn points, more static dungeons), ...

What's your ideas ?
    Ok guys, this is what we have planned. Clan bonuses will be given as available advantages for organisations. There should be a good selection of these bonuses. Omni-Tek organistaions on the other hand will have very few or no advantages available. At the moment there is no ETA as it's still making its way through the normal processes, but it is indeed coming.

I'll forward the suggestions you guys have supplied here as well. There's always room for good suggestions. I'm sure you'll have a few words to say about the upcoming advantages (now that I've reinforced what they are) so I look forward to your comments.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Thanks again for the quick answer Cosmik.

We'll be trying to be creative here.

Can you confirm that giving free Yalm to all CLAN atrox enforcers is not scheduled with next patch ?

First thing to pop up with new patch on its way : tradeskills.

Clan having to rely on their own to get stuff could have better ways to craft things as they cannot just wait for the next space shuttle to import goods.

The optimization and tweaking of weapons could be done :
    - With more options
    - At less cost
    - With less IPs investments (read at earlier level for a given Q of modification)

More scavenging tradeskills could be supported too : the monster parts conversion in plasma is very "clanish". OT employees doing so being is a bit weird as they should have cheap artificial plasma growing in their gen labs.

Scavenging skills could introduce other monsters parts : Blubbags shells for chest armor parts, Panthers fangs for piercing weapons, Hammer Broodlings femurs for blunt weapons, Cyborg head targeting implants for automatic rifles ...

Furs, scales and leathers could also be looted from mobs to produce more social armors.

It would be a nice opportunity to introduce dies too.

Maybe the use of some of these items could be declared illegal by OT authorities, as they would be distinctive of clanners breaking the truce. Hence some of these items could be Clan only. Alternatively OT guards could just shoot ppl wearing a specific Clan trenchcoat.

If I elaborate on illicit items that Clan could elaborate and that OT would repress, obviously some tradeskills drugs that boost your skills for a given time would be interesting (more power to Docs ). Some obvious ideas would be a drug that regenerate 30 nanos pts per sec while eating 30 hp per sec. And the reverse drug too. Etc ...

Hacked nanos kits that would allow the use of low Q nanos from other professions could be enjoyable too. Many balancing issues here of course.

I think that these ideas fit well with all the changes in preparation and with the storyline. Comments are welcome as always.
    Last edited by Unexpected; Dec 7th, 2001 at 10:06:29.

Re: Switching sides

Originally posted by Kristi3
    Giving the clans a big advantage would be wrought with peril at this stage of the game.
    there are still over 4 1/2 years of game scheduled.

this is the beginning of the game. how is the beginning a bad stage of a game to change things?

-----

clan advantage is guild advantages:

i don't think clanners should be forced to be in a guild to partake in their advantage.

i CAN see, however, how this could be justified in a tribal/survivalistic society, and that it would be a way to discourage stinking scummy OT from switching sides for a few days to get the advantage to equip some uber item.
    ( the 'stinking scummy OT' part is directed at honorless prideless ppl out there who switch with the changing tides of convenience. if u are currently OT and are fortunate enough to see the ligh of the clans, please come to us. we are waiting with open arms.)

-----

dress code:
    OT:
    i think clothing should be implemented such that it can be worn over regular armor. this would facilitate a dress code, since ppl wouldn't have their equipment choices limited; just their appearance choices would be limited. different types of uniforms could be authorized for varying proffesion and title lvl combinations.

everyone could have basic uniforms, to achieve uniformity in large gatherings. proffesions and titles would get other options to help make them 'stand out' a little.

clan:
    clan guilds could have the option of making a guild 'uniform'. *hey, there's the guild/clan that wears the roller rat skins.*
    *hey, there's the guild/clan that wears the purple armor.*

Gummizluv, u made a point : clanner should be able to use tradeskills and make money/nicer items this way (i love this idea of new monster part)

the pros :
    -can give u an objective while hunting, u have to find several different mobs (and for some complicated items, mobs from different zones).
    it's all about RP, u just don't hunt for xp and lvl up !!! for instance, u make a team to hunt the cyborg (some elec part) in Camelot, then u have to find a spot to find spiders (some chemical part)and hammerbeast (some bone part) in order to combine their mp (which need weaponsmith and buy a generic armor with low stat) into an armor with nicer chem,energie and melee protection. which can compete with omni elite armors.
    U can also prepare an expedition in dangerous place to explore new monsters and wich kind of mp they have

the cons :
    - as OT employes have a better equipment in shop, they are not allowed to use and resell this "natural equipments" in OT shops.
    the solutions :
    But as OT ppl should have a chance to use tradeskills too, they still can build these items and resell them in neutral shop (humm.. look like smuggling, lol), with a change of beeing detected (which kind of penalties then? cash confiscation? not allowed to use OT shop for x time?) or oblige to deal with neutral or clan ppl :-)

hey, the more i think about that, the more i love it !!!
    -Marssss
    RK1 Agent
    RollerRat Diplomatic representative (www.rollerrat.com)
    "i come in peace"

Talking

Seeing a new black market economy based on illicit items in OT cities would be fun for sure. TIR will realy look like MOS ESLEY I guess.

I hope that fixers will love that idea too.

*stick*
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Angry that's not really fair......

That's not really fair.....

The omni advantage of superior armor and prices for equipment is available to any omni individual....... But the clan bonuses are only avilable to those in an organization..... What about the clanners that choose not to be in an organization? I'm not just saying myself.... because I will be joining an org shortly.... but what about those who choose not to? they absically get nothing........ I don't really think it's fair to them.....

Safe travels,

Litheria

Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast