Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The fall of hunting...

Lightbulb Ehh...

I believe I speak for many of the lonely mobs and zones out there when I say

BUMP

bring back outdoor hunting!
    Salutusmax- doctor
    Redtaped-crat(dormant)
    Onmi-af-academy
    Rimor(RK2)

Talking

NEXT PATCH OUTDOOR PATCH

NEXT PATCH OUTDOOR PATCH

NEXT PATCH OUTDOOR PATCH

Bump!

All you outdoor hunting are belong to us! Someone set up us the hunting, plz!

Talking

Ya sniff, I miss the Galway bridge for low level hunting then feeling so proud going after my first Manteze and LIfe Breeder jumping in the water with manteze on mytail was so fun !

Team hunting is the best way to meet people and enjoy the commeraderie of AO if it goes then a very important piece of this gaming community goes with it.

Thumbs up bump!

I want outdoors hunting too!!!!

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

from the 14.4 patch notes and i quote.Lush Fields: chaos minions will not spawn at the NW mine anymore.

Some monsters have established new camps in Southern Artery Valley

Different types of monsters in Andromeda have established small camps. Careful, they are being ruled by a strong leader.

Profession-specific implant departments are now available in the basic supermarkets.

Introduced some more changes to the Whom-Pah system.

The clans have built a new outpost in Varmint Woods.

Omni-Tek has reopened a base in Southern Artery Valley.

Omni-Tek now has an operational save terminal in Southern Artery Valley.

Suppression gas in Belail Forest and Southern Artery Valley has been increased to monster only.

WOOT.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Originally posted by HidaReign

Some monsters have established new camps in Southern Artery Valley

Different types of monsters in Andromeda have established small camps. Careful, they are being ruled by a strong leader.

Nothing more than what we already know. as usual.
    In case the new mob camps hide some specific item what do you think it will happen again ? Plus those mobs seems to be strong and require probably a QL150+ team.
    Camping , camping camping camping camping.......

In case there is nothing special to loot in the camps what do you think it will happen again ? NOTHING ! EMPTY FIELDS ! AS USUAL !

14.4 is not the outdoor patch..

sigh. go back to my boring missions.....
    Alphane
    Jetdail
    MA - Clan -

Wait a sec

Originally posted by dijou

Nothing more than what we already know. as usual.
    In case the new mob camps hide some specific item what do you think it will happen again ? Plus those mobs seems to be strong and require probably a QL150+ team.
    Camping , camping camping camping camping.......

In case there is nothing special to loot in the camps what do you think it will happen again ? NOTHING ! EMPTY FIELDS ! AS USUAL !

14.4 is not the outdoor patch..

sigh. go back to my boring missions.....
    You do understand there making an effort here. They could just leave you in those missions till another game comes out . Reduce staff and cut there losses and start another project. So i disagree with you here. Trust me i HATE missions and i get MAD when i have to do them for levels. I'll try there camps just out of boredom. I hope some are in 25% or 0% so we can kill the campers if needed.

I just point out that this kind of modifications is useless and a lost of time.
    they could add 2 thousands more mobs in the playfields it wouldnt change anything to the actual situation if the mobs works as they are working today..
    Perhaps what we expect in this thread requires too much efforts coding and human ressources. i dont know.
    We would like an answer to what i think is the key in this game and a general answer to A LOT of problems.
    Lag
    Camping
    Equal chances to better loot and good items
    Fun
    Lack of content

I dont flame at all FC , its not my (our) intention, i just ask questions, propose solution and hope to have at least a beginning of answer.
    thats all, and you can wait for me , i'm going back to the boring missions too..
    Alphane
    Jetdail
    MA - Clan -

It IS appreciated that actually some actions are undertaken to revive Outdoor hunting.

Nevertheless, Dijou is right, if nothing else is one, outdoor hunting will still remain either unfeasible ( solo) or not motivating enough to gather teams. Motivation for team outdoor hunting is currently only based on Unique items, which leads to a very predictable outcome : camping...

Solo mission in team is shockingly easy. With a team of 6 level 90 guild mates ( 2 docs) we actually finished a level 180 mission in BS, without the feel of a real danger.... How is that possible ? Of course this creates
    1°) an incredible imbalance in the reward ( XP and loot) between missions and outdoor hunting, and that DOES minimize you chance to find a full team for Outdoor hunting
    2°) a boredom feeling... If i can already do level 180 missions at level 90, what will be new and exciting for me in the coming months ?

Clearly, FC must find a way to nfluence the difficulty of a solo mission depending on the number of Key Holder for this mission
    But the risk with "key count" is that you would soon see hords of Engineers getting solo mission for their team and warping them inside...
    So maybe difficulty should be based on "Key count", AND the engineer warp should become outdoor only ( => Teammates can be warped at the entrance of the mission) ... < I can see major flaming coming >

Anyhow, lets keep on drawing funcom's attention on this issue. Solving that would make undoubtedly AO the most exciting MMORPG EVER ( i have played a few for the past 3 years...)

Actifed , the good Old Doc
    Last edited by Loostik; Jun 15th, 2002 at 11:57:13.

Unhappy

Agree heavily on making an outdoor patch.... they could implement unique mobs by making them wander all over the zone, spawning at random locations.

But next patch won't arrive for a long time yet. Meanwhile I try to collect teams for an excellent Clan/Neut hunting place, lvl 75-100ish, Upper Stret East Bank. It's filled with nice xp sources, looks rather good and no pvp risk because people rarely go ther... but for how long?

Only downside is that you need a yal to cross the water, unless you're brave enough to swim while a yal player scouts for sharks. They bite.

Woot

The omni outpost being opened is 10-3, and it comes complete with a whompa and a save terminal!

Also, there'll be a whompa to Wine, in Belial Forest. Very nice

I do hope that these new camps are the dyna-camps with boss loot they were speaking of earlier.

I see you found the relative information in the 14.4 patch notes. Great. Here is some more information you may be interested in - http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?...1253777&page=2 (Cranium's post). We are working on other (yet to be announced) changes as well.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by reality
    I do hope that these new camps are the dyna-camps with boss loot they were speaking of earlier.

Yup. With more to come.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

It seems that nobody has mentioned the extreme credits vs xp imbalance in outdoor hunting. Outdoor hunting gives GREAT experience. Outdoor hunting(especially in a group) gives ****ty credits. You basically are forced to do missions at low levels if you want to keep halfway decent equipment/nanos. I remember outdoor hunting in this game when it first came out. I got really great xp, i was breezing through levels. Eventually, my damage output wasnt so hot due to my damage nano being quite outdated. By the end of all the outdoor hunting I wasnt able to afford any new nanos(I was a NT at the time). Basically outdoor hunting left that character poor and a gimp on the streets of Omni-Trade. I couldnt even do easy missions at that point. I think this is what turns most people off from outdoor hunting.

Something needs to be done to increase the credits that mobs drop. Its just pathetic. Thats why most people do missions. If you do solo missions you are guaranteed a steady income.
    Last edited by Nanitehandler; Jun 16th, 2002 at 21:26:28.

Nice, Cosmik. I'm only worried about 1 little thing - those new save terminals, will they be usable by neutrals, or is it clan/omni only ?

Oh, and by the way, PLEASE make sure the chance to get loot is higher than in missions

Dyna-camp , the concept is not very clear. I just see that there is a camp with mobs on a defined and knowned location.
    Nothing to prevent from camping and uber guild killing all what is moving around.
    I would like an answer about that:

1) if its only a first attempt to bring back outdoor in the game

2) if its the way FC choosed to answer the outdoor problem by creating a kind of outdoor dungeon with big mobs dropping good rewards. (In this case thanks for camping again, bad concept, back to the boring indoor missions)

3) if they plan to implement roaming mobs in roaming location with unique/nodrop/special items as we suggested in this thread, the only solution to wipe camping out of the game.

4) If , rather than create hundred of outpost with save booth, they could instead create a new buff line for one of the profession that could enable to save Xps in a team.
    Thus it would be not necessary to consume efforts in world design and it would give to this profession a valuable reason to be part of a team.

Cosmik, thanks for your previous reply but we need a bit more.

(By the way, sorry for my bad english)
    Alphane
    Jetdail
    MA - Clan -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast