Thread: AI Grenade Question

Question AI Grenade Question

When last I played, AI had just released. I had an alien grenade launcher equiped for awhile, but it had no sound fx associated with the weapon. I switched back to my trusty OT 12.

I was just wondering if Funcom ever added sound effects to the alien grenade launchers?

How's My Pathing?

1-800-PET-LOST

None of the aliens weapons have sounds

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

What a shame.

I thought it was odd back then and even more so this much later.

How's My Pathing?

1-800-PET-LOST

Well they're alien weapons ofcource they dont have sounds.. buff whirl zzap.. Maybe FC didnt just come up with ideas for them. Even a small improvement would be good but nah I dont think they'll add them at any point.

yea it sucks..thats why im so happy to get my bacam grenade launcher on..for the awesome sound effects it makes
    Arrone:Engineer Level 220/16 (RK1)

My Favorite Quotes:
    -S**t Happens...
    -Start everyday with a smile and get it over with...
    -Kill anything that moves...
    -[Clan OOC] Phatsam: <g0atb0t> What's ADD stand for? Attention Deficit LET'S GO RIDE BIKES!

bump for playing without sounds

radio / ts > AO

Theres actually some sounds in the folder that seem to be ai weapons, but none were ever used.
    Disgruntled "Ferg" Engy 220\30 Director of Desolation RK2
    PvP Equip\PvM Equip
    First person to be killed 175 times by aliens.

Unhappy

Yep. Back when I last played and AI had just released, we found those sounds. With a bit of tinkering, you can change the sounds of various weapons. But there was no association with the AI weapons, so there was no way that we could find to add any sound.

It's one of those things that I was certain Funcom would have re-visited and sorted out by now.

Oh well.

How's My Pathing?

1-800-PET-LOST