Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omni-News: Slaughter in Omni-Entertainment

It was been said that ordinary citizens such as Kithrak, nor Marisha or myself to not have the authority to negotiate on behalf of Omni-Tek. That is of course true. However I believe anyone motivated to do so can set the foundations for future negotiations by simply getting people from both sides to really think in some detail about what it is exactly they are fighting for.

It worries me that we seem locked in a conflict without any stated war aims, if nothing else how do you know when your aims have been met and you can stop?.

It worries me that both sides seem to think they are fighting purely a defensive war, surely if both sides were really protecting their people and property there would be precious little fighting.

And above all it worries me that somewhere in all this there is a third party backing the Dust Bridge whose only known purpose is to keep the war raging and disrupt any hope for peace. I do not like to be manipulated. I suspect most people do not either.

One should not think of peace negotiations as an all or nothing proposition. It is something that can be achieved in small steps over a long period of time. Shouting "There can be no peace till Omni-Tek has a presence on this planet!" is not very constructive and will just ensure we perpetuate the misery of the last 200 years.

But if one were willing to dig deeper, with a bit of soul searching
    one could all break down what we seek to achieve through the fighting into a list of simple, specific needs, desires and demands, then maybe some of them can be addressed. Maybe Omni-Tek would agree to give up it's Northern bases in exchange for the Clans vacating their base in 20K. Maybe we can agree to limit the fighting to prime military and economic targets, leaving out population centres in which the very young and very old are not covered by insurance.

Any gain that can be made, any one of the many issues of contention between Omni and Clan that can be set to rest is a step in the right direction . It would help diffuse the powder keg that is Rubi-Ka and take a little bit of wind out of the sails of those militants, of either side, who for their own personal reasons would see our world plunged into war for all eternity.

You may dismiss this as 'hippie tree-higging carebear' measures or "brain-washed Omni propaganda", I simply call it diplomacy, something all sane, civilised nations have engaged in since the dawn of time to avoid the human, economic and political cost of wars.

So shall we start acting like grown ups?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Legaron
    I can't remember when the Omni-Tek has ever heeded to the popular demand of its employees.
    As i recall when the mine had collapsed there was a popular demand of the people to save the Atrox' that were trapped inside...but did Omni-Tek take heed?
    That happened in 129. It’s 478 today. This happened nearly three and a half centuries ago. While I agree that it is unfortunate that the miners died in the accident, this was something that happened in my Great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfathers time, and I fail to see why we should continue to he held accountable for actions made ten generations ago. A lot can change in three and a half centuries, and I think its reasonable to point out that the Rubi-Ka of today is not the Rubi-Ka of 29129.

Do you honestly think you can teach someone like Silverstone something about peace when hes brought up in war and has had his parents lost because of war?
    Yes. Because despite his upbringing and the unfortunate circumstances of his life, I believe that people can change and break out of the victimization cycle that so many clanners seem to find themselves in. One cannot constantly play the victim card through their entire life.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

I agree on a lot of things that both of you say.
    It might be that Ive lived in conflict for so long that I cant see the forrest because there are trees blocking my sight.
    Since the first day I wielded a sword it seems that my teardrops have gotten bigger. So big that sometimes I cant figure what it is that I am crying for.

But what i want to point out is that threads like this will not help.
    It was said that the clanners who attacked Omni-entretainment district were asked if they were sent by the Council of Truth...
    I dont think that statements like these will do any good or gain any trust of either faction.

This war can slowly end if the other side will accept that not all attacks made by clanners are accepted by other clanners.

In my opinion either this has to end as soon as possible or this will only escilate.

I quote this from an old earthen song:

"Because by then its just too late.
    Theres so much we can take.
    But theres only so much someone can swallow or tollerate.
    Till the point that he just breaks, snaps and its all it takes."

I hope you understand how much i have tollerated untill now and how much I and others like me still can tollerate.

To be perfectly honest, ofcourse I want peace.
    But realisticly, painting perfect pictures hasnt ever worked.
    The missery that the clans have is so deep that most of them only know violent measures by now.
    There are so many people dieing and I really want to help.
    But still I keep my weapon at hand all the time because I too have to protect myself and that what is dear to me.

I wonder why you ask me if I want peace, if you cant grant it.
    Theres people fighting across this whole planet.
    Will there ever be peace?
    The way it looks were all headed towards our own doom.
    Were still too much consumed by old vendetas and beefs.
    And this is why I keep my weapon and armor with me even when I'm walking through the streets of Old Athens.
    You're saying that you are devoid of hope for peace with no choice but to fight? That is not the only way. I am trying to offer the people hope and show that we can make a difference. With more support from the people I can make your voice heard. I can bring your messages of a wish for a peaceful end to this endless conflict to the Omni-Tek higher-ups. Let me represent you and all Clanners sick and tired of this needless conflict between our peoples to the Council of Truth. Together with the support of the people I will ensure that we will make a positive impact.

The path of peace is diffcult and elusive. Only through hard work, perserverance and dedication can that path be shown. Find the courage to cast aside the old hatreds and prejudices. Fighting and killing will serve no purpose with insurance technology. With it the old noble notion for sacrifice of life is obsolete.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I was wondering what it was about the guards in the omni-tek cities that the omni-tek employees were so worried about so i went to take a look.

If I were an Omni...i would be angry too.

Still I do not know what is going on...maybe theres just too few of you trying to do some good for your cities.

http://www.daplayazclub.com/uploads/Entertainment1.png

I went to Omni-Entertainment (see above) and confronted a Omni-Pol Nano-Tech and asked him what he thought about their defence system.
    He didnt say anything...matter of fact he mozed along in his Yalmaha as if I wasn't even there.
    When I asked other Omni-Tek employees they said: "To be honest, we don't care much about the Clanners..."
    Then I stumbled upon the Omni-Pol Nano-Tech again and knocked on the window of his Yalm to see if he would reply or still keep his silence.

The only thing he said to me was: "Legaron, Go home"

I might be mistaken, but if even Omni-Pol members do not do anything about a Clanner invading their cities then there isn't just something wrong about your Guards. Its also the mentality of your people.
    If I wanted to I could gather inteligence and set out a strategic attack to whipe out every single guard in Omni-Entertainment with a basic team of fellow clanners. Because...well...there wasn't really anyone paying attention to me in the first place.
    Not even when I let them know that I'm there...

And yes, the guards arent much to brag about either.
    Tests resulted their weakness.
    But It should be the well-armed people who should help the guards.
    When I see a clan guard being attacked I attack at sight and trust me, wether I die or not.
    I will not stand for any foes in my teritory.
    But thats just my mentality.

My advise:

Train your guards better.
    Teach your people about honor and pride, maybe then they will stop bickering and come to arms themselfs like we Clans did.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

There can never be peace between Omni-Tek and the Clans. Not as long as Notum exists. People have killed to possess it. People have killed to gain power from it. Notum has been the source of much death in our contemporary history and the Shadowlands proved that Notum was as much of a problem for those in antiquity as it is for us now. Our war with each other has been predestined even long before our recent ancestors were making tools out of flint.

Notum is the source of all of our pain and suffering, Omni-Tek, Clan, and Neutral. It even sparked a war on a galactic scale between Omni-Tek and the other hypercorporations. Rubi-Ka has been invaded twice by "usurpers" who would have Notum for themselves.

If any of you are truely serious about a long-lasting peace, you must see past your enemy and gaze deeper into our collective heritage and psyche. We have the benefit of learning from the mistakes made by the Redeemed and Unredeemed. But is anyone listning to the ghosts of the past? Or are we too busy pointing fingers at each other and letting ourselves get distracted by the trinkets we find in the Shadowlands?

Originally posted by Eomaia
    There can never be peace between Omni-Tek and the Clans. Not as long as Notum exists. People have killed to possess it. People have killed to gain power from it. Notum has been the source of much death in our contemporary history and the Shadowlands proved that Notum was as much of a problem for those in antiquity as it is for us now. Our war with each other has been predestined even long before our recent ancestors were making tools out of flint.

Notum is the source of all of our pain and suffering, Omni-Tek, Clan, and Neutral. It even sparked a war on a galactic scale between Omni-Tek and the other hypercorporations. Rubi-Ka has been invaded twice by "usurpers" who would have Notum for themselves.

If any of you are truely serious about a long-lasting peace, you must see past your enemy and gaze deeper into our collective heritage and psyche. We have the benefit of learning from the mistakes made by the Redeemed and Unredeemed. But is anyone listning to the ghosts of the past? Or are we too busy pointing fingers at each other and letting ourselves get distracted by the trinkets we find in the Shadowlands?
    Blaiming Notum for the pain and suffering on Rubi-Ka obscures the facts of history. The initial cause of the rift between Omni-Tec and the clans was excerable labor-managment relations, and it has simmered ever since primarily due to a titanic clash of egos on the part of all participants.

A desire to posess a monopoly on Notum is not even economically sensible. Monopolies are not the most efficient way of delivering goods unless economies of scale are such that marginal costs continue to decline with size beyond the total aggregate supply of Notum. That is clearly not the case for Notum mining since multiple mines exist, rather than one giant smoking hole in the ground.

Furthermore, the existence of long term instability in the Notum supply, caused by the continuing enmity between Omni and Clan is depressing the galactic demand for Notum, since consumers cannot be sure of anything like a consistent supply, nor of stable prices.

Income for both Omni-Tec and Clans would be substantially increased by settling down, proving that they can deliver a steady supply with multiple sources, and starting a long term campaign to increase galactic Notum usage by research into additional ways to apply Notum technology.

In addition, income for Clans in particular would be far more significantly impacted by negotiating with Omni-Tec and/or ICC for an end to Omni's monopoly on processing and shipping Notum. Clans claim to desire an end to Omni-Tec, but the current situation strongly favors Omni by supplying it with monopoly rents in the form of the difference between the galactic price of processed notum and the price paid by OT to Clans at the shipping point. Furthermore, Clans are helping OT to provide the galactic supply of Notum without OT even being required to pay the production costs for the Clan component of supply.

Those clans who constantly carp that OT is treading on their liberty ought to look to their purses instead. This economic battle is going strongly in OT's favor and clans are contributing to their own roasting.

Keyth

I would like to point out to both miss Dourousseau and mr. Kithrak that I have on several occasions suggested a sit down between our parties to discuss what can be done. Even thru personal correspondence with mr. Kithrak. So far, noone has replied in positive to any of these suggestions.
    For the time being, I am on an extended leave and will not be returning for some weeks.
    I would be more than willing to meet with anyone, not as a leader or man of any power, but as a Rubi-Kan citizen.....concerned for our common future.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

oh my...

"...and it has simmered ever since primarily due to a titanic clash of egos on the part of all participants."

whew.

*throws her history book away*

(/end sarcasm)

Back to the topic at hand...

Originally posted by Astera
    oh my...

"...and it has simmered ever since primarily due to a titanic clash of egos on the part of all participants."

whew.

*throws her history book away*

(/end sarcasm)

*picks history book up, carefully dusts it off and places it on shelf to preserve for future generations*

To what else would you ascribe it? At every point when peace seemed plausible, someone on one side, or both, decided that no compromise was preferable to an endless attempt to achieve their personal vision, however flawed that vision may look to the rest of the planet. Certainly you may suggest that unknown external actors are trying to keep things stirred up, but it takes Omni and Clan extremists to react to the provocations rather than trying to soothe them.

I'm not saying that everyone on Rubi-Ka suffers from an excess of ego and a lack of logic. But there are clearly plenty of candidates for that description on both sides. All sides, if you include militant Neutrals.

Keyth
    Xavoneth "Keyth" Keytovansher
    Rubi-Ka Survey Office
    Laze-Daze Resort Developments, LLC

"If you want the fun, we'll find you the sun"

I completely agree with my bro Houston, it is on high time we got our Omni-Pol gimps upgraded...
    First player with all characters 100+ and still a newbie....

as much as I hate to derail Kithraks thread...

You are certainly entitled to your opinions. Stating them, however, does not obligate me to agree.

forgive my intrusion into this conversation once again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12