Thread: HUGE damage inflicted AFTER a fight -- PLEASE READ

HUGE damage inflicted AFTER a fight -- PLEASE READ

Hi guys,

There has been a HUGE bug introduced in 14.2, similar to before when the mob would remain standing after he was killed and hit you one or two more times before falling over dead.

However, now I've been taking a LOT of damage WELL after the mob is already dead (and laying on the ground).

Here is one example of this.

edit - Here is another.

We had just killed the mob and I was sitting on the ground trying to use my treatment packs, though it said I was in a fight and I was unable to heal. Please note that the damage messages do not indicate damage type, or what is hitting me. This has happened many times since 14.2, sometimes inside missions, others outside like this one. It's especially scary when it happens to team members in a mission while I'm the Doctor. I've seen them be at 100% health one second, 5% the next, because of this very same issue.

I checked with other people in-game, as well as people on IRC, and other people have said they've experienced the same thing. I'm hoping Funcom is aware of this and that they plan on fixing it, hopefully in the next patch (SOON), because it can be detrimental to a person if they were not at full health when the fight ended.

Quick side-note: This happened to me when I was not even aggro'd the entire fight, so I don't believe it's "lag damage" like many of you are probably thinking. I never got "Attacked by..." during the fight or afterwards. Just started getting hit.

I've never actually been killed by this, but maybe I've just been very lucky? This could really suck if there are adds which are still attacking you as well.

Funcom? Please acknowledge this? I'll email support@ and bugs@ as well, as per procedure.

--Tsk
    Last edited by Sheffy; Jun 10th, 2002 at 00:09:14.

It's worse than you describe - All sorts of events are out of order

The event order lag is bad in general.

Since 14.2 I've seen various weird events happening out of sequence, but this has been going on for some time. However, I agree that after the 14.2 patch install was the first time that I saw quite so much event order lag.

I have had similar problems during 13.x (?) when I actually killed a beast, leveled, jumped for joy, and then got killed by it's dead body (?).

I also see messages like:
    "You must wait 1 second" or even "You must wait 5 seconds" after I've just seen the chat window message that the skill is available.

I've seen someone I kill fall to the ground, then stand up again. (Lucky he did fall back down so I could loot him.)

Typically my man stops fighting while the mob is still standing, but a hairs breath from death. I can't start the attack back up. The mob still delivers attacks, but I consider him dead. Lucky for me the pet isn't fooled, so he finishes off the mob.

In fact it's always been weird that the pets will continue to strike something that's lying on the ground, dead. That's always been the case, including the beta days.

I'm also finding that I can't get my special attacks to launch. I click the icon for an MA attack and nothing is displayed telling me its not available, nor that it was resisted, yet I see no information about it's failure or success in the chat bar. Sometimes I see a message that I need to wait until the last special attack has finished - "hellllooo..."

And the worst thing is when I can't hit someone and they're shooting me because I'm trying to fight a lag image of their position - "target out of range" and he's got a gun. I have to run so that he moves, usually that forces everything to work correctly and I can actually see his real position.

So many things out of order, rarely do I come out ahead because of them...

Exclamation

Heh.

I'm seeing all sorts of bugs, or sync issues now. Here's another one. After dying, and while rezzing, my skills were going up as always.

Then, to heal myself, I tried casting a heal.

Look at my stats, and look at the output in the chat window here. I had the same problem using my treatment packs even though my Treatment and T&S were far over the requirements to use the rechargers.

After I'm done rezzing, and it says "You feel ok again..", sometimes I *still* can not use the treatment packs which my skills should clearly allow, for about 60 seconds after rezzing.

Last night, I had MM/BM Mochams on my Doctor. After they ran out (yes I'm sure they had terminated), I was able to continue casting very very high heals for the next 3-4 minutes, which I shouldn't have been able to do without the mochams. Finally, 4 minutes after they ran out, I was finally unable to use the heals (which is how it should have been).

And here's another screenshot of the delayed damage by nothing after a fight when I wasn't even aggro'd during the fight.

I thought we had nipped these bugs in the bud a couple patches ago, and 14.2 just made everything way worse. I'm trying to provide as much proof as possible so the developers have something to go on, but I question whether they will read this thread I already emailed bugs@ with my first post, maybe I should do the same with this one.

--Tsk

Agent FP is another one. You get a message across the screen "False Profession Enforcer will terminate in 10 seconds. 10 seconds pass, and sure enough, the you get a message "False Profession "X" terminated. Its not in your NCU, but if you target yourself, and press T, your still in that False Profession. This can take up to 3-5 minutes to correct itself. Not a big of a problem as taking damage after the mob is "Dead" but irritating nevertheless.

I have had that happin to me 3 times now. the last time if it weren't for a fast acting doc and myown personal heal i would have been dead for shure.

Exclamation They knew since 13.8

HA!

Funcom knew about this since 13.8. I sent bug report afer bug report to FC on this same issue. I left the game for DAOC around that time due loosing a level and a half total xp on my main and approx a level on an alt. DAOC really sucked( to be blunt) so I came back. I had also suggessted that they focus a bit more on bugfixes before they change the way the game is played, but after 14.2( phantom hits surfaced for me in 13.8) the problem still exists. I really hate to pick at funcom but it is soooo easy. Big gameplay problem not addressed(or resolved after 2 patches) and a lot of focus directed elsewhere.

/me thinks funcom needs Ritilan

Yesiamstoned 143nt RK2
    Peace $ Love,inc