Thread: camelot problems/fixes joint ot-clan disucssion

camelot problems/fixes joint ot-clan disucssion

basicaly representives from a few of the major guilds that regualry fight there(storm,lc, tc, trinity, rk-mafia), got together to discuss the problems we face almost every day, fighting it in out, of camelot.

Dungen Mechanic Problems
    1:mutiple dungen spawns.

it splits up the different groups, and just creates fustration, i know numerous times, one force or the other, has been split up mid attack because of a second dungen spawning.

2: pvp section to close the main exit

it is way to easy, to start a fight, and if your losing just zone out, then get back into hte fight

3:choke points, one point of attack/deffence

at this time and point, both sides, tend to gather, at set points inside the dungen. once there, it is basicaly impossible, to dislodge the defending side, due to lag issues(computer lag, 30-30 is HARD on the comptur, esp comming down from the stairs, and having to load everyone at once), and line of sight issues, with the attacker having a huge disadvantage cause of the way they have to attack downwards.
    ===========================================
    Game Mechanic Problmes

1:Line of sight issues

there is ALOT of line of sight issues in camelot, in numerous areas because of the terrain, it is impposbile to attack other people, even though they may be only one foot away, in clear view, but because of small differences in terrain it is impposble for the "in game char" to attack them.

2:spells through walls

ae roots/snares, can be cast, and because of their ae nature, can go through the walls.
    ==============================================
    FIXES

1:remove mutiple dungen spawns

stop making the dungen respawn at 60 people, it splits up attack forces, screwing one side over the other, as we fill up the zone, camelot is a "goal/raid" oriented dungen, splititng up the forces discourges that

2: one point of attack/defence

put mobs at choke points and use the old coding from outdoor spawns (the one where more people=more npc spawns), and place these spawns at the choke points within the dungen. also make the mobs unmezzable. this makes it so that while you can gather a small group at X area, its ALOT harder to gather large numbers , or yo'ull be over run by mobs.

=========================================
    RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FUTURE DUNGENS
    1:lvl restrictions.

make each dungen designed for a set player lvl, and only let those people in it.

2:to close to city

camelot right now is highly biased to the clan side. a dungen outside the city, would help fix the "zerging" problems, going down lately

3:bigger rooms

gives more play field to play in, and manuever, right now the "hallway" nature of camelot, makes it hard to maneuver large scale battles in

4:consistant textures(less lag)

make the textures use constant. highly complex grahpics are good for small groups of players, but when you got a "high" lvl dungen, designed for large groups, complex textures, just add to the lag problems, we're encountering right now. you got 30 clanners and 30 ot's fighting it out, comple texure is just one more compturer resource that is taking up, ALOT of people are starting to find these battles unfun, because of the load problems.

5:consistant rooms/buildings (no hills, to fix the line of site issues)

please make the rooms flat, don't put in hills, or alot of ups /downs, and turns. right now ao has ALOT of line of site problems, In certian places in camelot, you can be standing right next to your target, and not be able to attack them, because their in a "small ditch in the ground, or one step lower then you on the stairs".

===========================================
    thanks to the other people that came, and contributes to this propsal/talk
    reps/guilds and what not:
    keldrys=trinity
    patk9=lost chapter
    archange1=trinity
    smooth=rkmafia
    zerosignal=the council
    demios=the council
    me=storm =p
    Last edited by Disporea; Jun 9th, 2002 at 04:42:43.
    Desporae can loot these remains...(loot type:leader)
    /shout wtf tarque only had a wing
    /g storm wtf a nother adven ring
    /shout wtf a dumb skull
    =========================
    Desporae Head Loot Jynxer of Storm

Signed on behalf of 'The Council'.

Demi

Thats like asking them to remake the game

FC really needs to look into this since Camelot is one of the only truly enjoyable experiences at higher levels. It's such a nice break from team mission monotony and bunker fighting in 2HO to go and whoop or be whooped in a huge massive PvP battle. But some of these bugs are really really really annoying and just cause more frustration than is needed.
    Keldrys - General of Legion

Camelot's the only place in the game WORTH fighting over, but I absolutely despise PvPing there because of those very issues
    Dest

I'll agree to this, and I'm not even a member of those 4-5 guilds. I was at camelot for the first time on Friday, and I'd like to keep coming there. But there are many issues, as shown here.

Fix it, and make the game enjoyable to play.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

BUMP

BUMP

Big pump to LOS issues ad chain rooting through walls.

Signed on behalf of Trinity
    -bb

The Line of Sight issues stem from the characters view being based at his feet and not his head. That's why a small dip or hill creates LoS issues.

-Yense

I dont think Storm wants the dungeons to go back since they have about 2-3 private dungeons now :OP

Meaning only Storm members can get into it :OP

When one splits leave an engi and a gimp in there for beacon warp :OP

wondered where all the clanners were at the last 2 T spawns
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

in the second dungen=p
    had like 15 of us there, sitting looking stupid
    and maybe two omnis late commers

wtb removal of dam mutiple dungens!
    Desporae can loot these remains...(loot type:leader)
    /shout wtf tarque only had a wing
    /g storm wtf a nother adven ring
    /shout wtf a dumb skull
    =========================
    Desporae Head Loot Jynxer of Storm

I'm NOT touching camelot until i have a ql200 gun and can chain cast mind quake. Nuff said. Right now alls i got is my pillows..I have HEARD of these problems, however, and sincerely hope that they are fixed.

-Vojoc, Advisor, Hand of Chronos.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist