Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ** NT Concerns/Wish List - June 2004 **

Updated Items 3 and 4 to emphasise loss of nano procs.

Note: I am getting a bit worried that in covering multiple items with single entries it is less clear what we are after but I will leave as is for now.
    Last edited by Rahmorak; Jun 19th, 2004 at 10:41:39.
    NT Motto: Veni, Vidi, Cucurri.
    Rahmorak, Clan Solitus NT
    How much damage are YOUR nukes doing?

Added Range debuff into item 10. This has pushed nano availability down to 11 but I think the debuff would be such a valuable addition (by restoring a long lost NT advantage) that it needs to be on the top 10 list.
    NT Motto: Veni, Vidi, Cucurri.
    Rahmorak, Clan Solitus NT
    How much damage are YOUR nukes doing?

I have to Parrot the Damage mantra said so many times. Damage is the #1 imporatant thing to me as a Nano-NT. Damage on all Nukes across the board needs to be raised. Being Nano Mage means to be frail. We do not have self heals, we just can't Tank as we are not built that way. Roots break to easy or do not land at all so there goes range advantage. Blinds only help so much with damage reduction. I can live with all that. But with all that being so, IMHO NT's should be at the top of the Damage output pile because of those inherent weaknesses. That point cannot be stressed enough.

Oh and yes, the Cyberdeck thing, I'll toss my vote in that Deck Nukes should be uploadable to the Deck so we have an auto attack if we opt to use it. Either that or give the Deck melee attack abilities. It does have a sharp pointy looking thing attached to it.
    Xenixa - Gear/Setup
    General of First Order

Nano-Technician (McFalls') Maxim:
    No degree of acceptance can ever change the facts.
    Translation: You may come to terms with being screwed, but nevertheless you're still screwed.

new NSII or even NSIII:
    dura/attack time/rech the same - but NS works like a mirror all dmg returns back to attacker and all nukes/debuffs lending on casters

and 1 more freak idea
    just add healthpoint (same amout as nanopoints) to Notum Siphon perk - just like fast regen HP

how about an enhancing on our dear nulitiy sphere?
    As my engi (god i love nanomages) has an beter shield with bioshield than NS2 is.
    10k absorp / almost insta CH.
    Really the enforcers have it yet i have to meet the guy that can keep aggro from me!
    But give us something like that or enhance NS2 / give us beter perks maybe?.
    Kinjara engineer of RK2
    Lothlorien Enforcer of RK2

Bump for a nice ideas......
    2nd NT in rimor to get T3 at 185<200
    Soon to come gear for NT - 75% done on it only =/
    *tear* I'm an official nuet hater! yay
    Teh ev0l NT cy
    >< R.I.P Neophyte Julius 'Cyborgrx' Enfram R.I.P >< 12/09/04 DOH stupid title ;o
    RETIERED

Its too late now but what the hell.

Give those nt that dont want to use deck at all better weapons, or ability to use weapons that are surrently prof locked (perennium would be good exemple).
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

well:
    -beter AoE nukes, we didnt get any in shadowlands.
    -beter nulity sphere, with the gainted knowledge of shadowlands
    the Jobe-technicians sould be able to create an HoT in it orso.
    -more damage, we dont get close to an enforcer while he is
    taunting!
    -make cyberdeck tweakable by tradeskillers, raise damage, lower cast orso with stuff adding to it maybe.
    as every prof now and than gets an bit of love in the form of beter guns but nts are quit steady.

we're the "weakest" prof when it come to live, and now even an engineer easily OD us?
    he gets aggro, calls upon himself the nice Bio-shield(and he can run if up!) use an bioregrowth and you will never see he was damaged.
    AoE-nukes, yes AoE-nukes in pvp we will get an small edge as the damage shields will prefent us from doing it to much anyway.
    besides that wouldnt be long as those lovely agents will AS us.
    maybe even give the 4th cyberdeck +25% nanoC init when equipt.

(yes i compare to engineer alot as i have good experiance with them )
    Last edited by Ayanne; Jun 29th, 2004 at 10:53:02.
    Kinjara engineer of RK2
    Lothlorien Enforcer of RK2

Angry

No point in having this thread up. Might as well lock or delete.
    Krionis - Rising Keeper

Shandrahs - 215 NT - Retired

- Hells Heros -

Originally posted by Xenixa
    I have to Parrot the Damage mantra said so many times. Damage is the #1 imporatant thing to me as a Nano-NT. Damage on all Nukes across the board needs to be raised. Being Nano Mage means to be frail. We do not have self heals, we just can't Tank as we are not built that way. Roots break to easy or do not land at all so there goes range advantage. Blinds only help so much with damage reduction. I can live with all that. But with all that being so, IMHO NT's should be at the top of the Damage output pile because of those inherent weaknesses. That point cannot be stressed enough.

Oh and yes, the Cyberdeck thing, I'll toss my vote in that Deck Nukes should be uploadable to the Deck so we have an auto attack if we opt to use it. Either that or give the Deck melee attack abilities. It does have a sharp pointy looking thing attached to it.
    ^^ what he said!!!!
    Emirkol the One and Only

Proud member of Synergy Factor

www.synergyfactor.net (come visit us!)

well read quickly all off the thread then here are my 2 cents from 215+ NT (217 atm)

1 2 5 9 : damage

best would be the auto-nuke option on deck . no need to get better dmg/nuke imo but no lag/anim bug issue would boost from 10 to 30% our dmg outpout to my mind.

3 : toolset

- calm/root seems ok to me as they are tho i remember pre 210 or so they was useless in SL.
    - Layers lacks the fact that we can't nuke/do dmg while recharge
    so they would need either improvement either less recharge time.
    - blinds need improvement -> pre sl we dropped 200 ar from 1k+ ar/ today we drop same from 2k+ ar or mob hits for twice. all evades are dark blue/ might also enhance dark movement.

4 : well my perks special get counter by many prof so i' don't realy want more useless dmg from perk + perk have lower range. DD from perks is one of our issu imo. lets nuke do the work. i'd rather an absorb special perk ^^

6 : agree

7 : bump -> i till use usual implants in eye (lack nanoinit) n ear/leg/feet for XP%. in a way i only use symb when they don't gimp nanoinit/mc/intel. for health i can also wear higher implants than Symb ...

8: it's fine for me as it is. i can cast 1 nuke below my lvl self / with nanodoct raised enough i could self the nuke my lvl. Well soz for other breed than nanogimp but i wish at least an advantage as a nanomage.

10 : as i said : usefull=uber/ useless=useless. btw 2 sec cast time make it 80% useless already-> in 2 sec mob is on me or player have already hurt me bad. make it instacast
    Blancheneige /
    Alpha Omega as sweet home /
    NanoGimp NT /

Our greatest concern is simply the fact that the NT community is ignored.

But I wish someone could prove me wrong, but I fear no-one can :-/

Auto Nuke feature
    Lag, Casting animation and timing all contribute to NTs failing to realise their damage potential. Please proivde an 'upload' feature for the cyberdeck, or a 're-cast last nuke' to allow for auto-nuking. Casting another nano interrupts this activity.

Just a comment on that: Why not do it like specials are used in COH? You can highlight a special, and everytime its available it will use it, while you can pay attentiion to other things like your secondary attacks. THis way our main nuke could auto cast while we root/calm/debuff/run away very fast.

I might have interpretted what you said incorrectly, but it sounds like you want the auto cast to cancel as soon as you try to do something else, or did you mean it will stop while you do other things, then continue, like I just stated above?

long post short: what emirkol said
    Last edited by LeagethX; Aug 1st, 2004 at 05:06:31.

NT doesnt suck, they just require more presense while you play.
    You have to work hard to not die, fire off your damagenukes and run around to not be squished. Compared to f.ex MA...hit q...ooh..yawn...tvshow...click...click....oh hecker is dead..heal up a bit...tab+q...click ...click oh gameshow

Nt can't tank like half of the other profs
    Nt can't heal very good
    Nt can't outdamage the professions we were supposed to
    Nt doesnt provide any good buffs at higher level for others
    We cant build or disassemble stuff

So basicly we don't provide with much in highlvlteams except fill a spot, but I love my NT just for all these reason. I love to play a character that actually presents some challenge to play, and nerf FC for saying in character creation that NT is medium difficult to play.

Oki so over to the xmas-wishlist:
    - CD with nanoinit/damage-modifier
    - More nanoinit
    - NT-leet nano-self..turn yourself into leet with cape, magician hat and wand
    - "Trade-places" teleport to swap location with another in your team
    - Did I mention damage or nanoinit?
    - Layer/NS3 that drains from nanopool. Deducts 500 nano pr second it runs, would give a 20k nanopool nt ~40second NS (eh without nuking =) but then if the mob doesnt die he just have to pull out his frequent-reclaim-flyer-pass.
    - and for crying out loud, please change the City-of-heroes-tier3-clown-suit

Oh..and ofcourse ..lub my NT for his AOE too ..so pleeeease give us a AOE dot that HURTS!.. I mean..AOE dot for 500dmg..and you're free to do additional damage aaand it won't reflect on you since its a dot.
    Could even be a +1000, +900, +800 and decreasing in strength for each tick of the dot. *finds a towel to wipe of foam around his mouth*

LC
    Deja moo: The feeling that you've heard this Bull before!

Lordchaoz, 220 Clan Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Icegimmer, 214 Clan Solitus Doctor
    Darkfactor, 145 Clan Nanomage Doctor
    Fixlord, 133 Clan Fixer

Ocular Extermination Symbiant

really need to have Map Navigation and Vehicle Air too ...
    please add that to wish number 7 8)
    the now morphing adventurer
    with the paired swords 8)

Coven of Hunters

I would really love to see an auto-nuke feature! Right now it makes it impossible to respond to anyone while fighting. This is one of the main reasons why I'am getting tired of playing my NT. I had to quit my playing for awhile cause I was getting symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome from nuking over and over again.

Unstickied this as its from June 2004 (things in it arent being forgotten in the least) if you have any additional ones put em in the new one thats stickied at the top.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

We need NEW AOE CD NUKES that scale with the appropriate levels, HP and NR resists (especially over level 200) that have been added to the game since SL launch!!!! Seems unfair and plain ridiculous we are still using Kel's. And it should have a side effect of offsetting reflect damage!

Pretty sad that our concerns and wish list has dropped off the face of the planet. I guess if noones paying attention it don't really matter if it disappears.
    Last edited by galaxia; Apr 1st, 2005 at 13:57:28.
    Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!

Thread necromancy is evile and will make your soul mine.

Besides you can find our current wishlist up there by the sticky threads.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast