Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to raise money for a yalm?

how to raise money for a yalm?

I'm a lev 55 soldier with about 1 mil in the bank, and I'm in dire need of a yalm. Okay, not dire, but it'd be damn nice.

I was wondering what are the best ways for someone like me to make the money required to purchase such an expensive vehicle. It's ridiculously expensive, but I guess it makes sense.

Any help is appreciated.

monter parts to plasma

turn monter parts into plasma

Hm. LOTS of monster parts, then
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

missions, missions and more missions.
    might want to set the money to max money, order chaos to max chaos. This should results in 75% of the missions containing either bots or monsters. Delete bot missions, do monster missions. Also check descriptions on missions for key words like cave, den, etc.

Or do max bad/max cash & hope you get some quality mission only items.

Originally posted by Alberon
    missions, missions and more missions.
    might want to set the money to max money, order chaos to max chaos. This should results in 75% of the missions containing either bots or monsters. Delete bot missions, do monster missions. Also check descriptions on missions for key words like cave, den, etc.

Or do max bad/max cash & hope you get some quality mission only items.
    heh, that's the rub, I'd like a yalm to do missions quicker

but thanks for the max chaos, didn't know that gave me monster missions. That helps a lot, lets me blitz a little quicker.

Oh well, time to go run a couple thousand missions.

hopefully I'll loot grid armor or nullity sphere or something, lol.

go to newland then.

At your level you should get plenty of missions to wailing waste, stret west and stret east (even if you crank up difficulty a bit).

wailing waste is best for neutral/clan/omni who knows the way (and has TMS on) through the whompa's

Stret west for neutral/clan/omni.

stret east for omni.

Stret east missions tend to be grey cave missions which are fairly short.
    Stret west has a combination of those with the brown ones (bigger)
    Wailing tends to give out brown cave missions only.

Yalm

Sell your soul, your family, and all your friends. Turn you friends in as spies to the local authorities. They will be ruined, but who will care when you can fly around all spiffy clean.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Uhh...sell everything

Well no, don't sell EVERYTHING. Sell pretty much everything you loot. Loot all health/nano kits and use those instead of buying them. Go through your bank for items you haven't used and probably never will and sell them.

...Ok, I doubt it will help much...but it's worth a try, I got most of my money that way
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Post 57

I got my yalm at lvl 57 =). It's a great vehicle. I can't tell you where i got the money because people you go and ask him and i'd get in trouble.

Have fun saving your ass off,
    Etnies

Just got my Yalm at lvl 63, but I could get it considerably earlier ( I bought full armor set for 1 mil a and did implant upgrade for 1 mil around lvl 50+ and bought several useless items (MID, low lvl pepper etc. all around 500k in sum).

My reciept could be boring for you :
    Only solo mission with Clicksaver set for highly sought items - mostly symbio (heared they are not in the mission reward after patch).

All that is have any trade value should not go to shop - that mean .5 - 1 hour spamming session of trade channel as soon as you have 20-30 tradable items

. In my expirience tradable are:
    1. High quality armor : Waitt ql <60, Nano, Obtru, Nadir, Flower, bio, Omni-pol elite, Omni-Pol ql < 60. Don't bother with low end armor - tech, simple cyber, leather etc. - all go in the shop
    2. Symbio for non-general Nano
    3. Lead Pipes, Beams, prods.
    4. Da Taunter (not sure after exploit fixed)

Difficalt but possible to sell (3-4 days)- Tank and battle suits.

Slim chance to sell - any non-enforcerer weapon.

If anyone have more idea about easily tradeable items plz post here ( I still need money for the next implant upgrade )
    Last edited by bunderscratch; Jun 9th, 2002 at 11:27:02.

Re: 57

Originally posted by Etnies
    I got my yalm at lvl 57 =). It's a great vehicle. I can't tell you where i got the money because people you go and ask him and i'd get in trouble.

Have fun saving your ass off,
    Etnies

My, aren't we special, Etnies.

Have fun earning your yalm, it will mean more to you then Etnies will ever mean to him.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    Rubi-ka Geographical Society
    "Because it's there!"

I did it around level 70. This is how I did it, I set goal to 500k a day. So get a bunch of MMD mission, and just do em like crazy. And I just did em and did em... sometimes found a soul fragment, sold for 200k... do more mission... found nano cloak, 150k.... do more mission.... found senpia coatm sold for 200k.... than some more mindless mission and what do you know? I'm driving my yalm all over Tir already.
    Money is everything.

I made about 25 million doing battlesuit missions.... till 14.2.. bastards.

-Sand

Talking heh

My main found yalma at level 50.
    I still member that moment and the happy feeling.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Cool Max Cash

Ok Then Here is the definitive guide to making Money

This can be done from LVL 1

I have been making about 4-500K per hour without even having to fight or trade.

In a place called the Junk Yard , 2 Mobs spawn every 15 min these are the "Trash king" and the "trash king Lackie" These mobs are between lvl 130-170 and are heavly camped by lvl 130+ teams every minute of the day, if you pop along there and loot the remains of these mobs ,rings ,clusters, ingots and implants you can make a fortune very easly, Think about it,
    Do you take every piece of loot from every mob you kill,
    Of course you dont, and neither do lvl 130+ ppl

Just 1 thing, Its nice to ask the ppl if you can loot the stuff they dont want. :-)

One last thing : None of the mobs at the junk yard agro, but if you are a low lvl ,lvl1> you will need to watch out for bulls on the way

So dont anyone tell me they have no cash, you could have millions in a day at lvl1, lol

MaxNano LVL 63 UBER NT

Re: Max Cash

Originally posted by Maxnano
    Ok Then Here is the definitive guide to making Money

In a place called the Junk Yard , 2 Mobs spawn every 15 min these are the "Trash king" and the "trash king Lackie" These mobs are between lvl 130-170 and are heavly camped by lvl 130+ teams every minute of the day, if you pop along there and loot the remains of these mobs ,rings ,clusters, ingots and implants you can make a fortune very easly, Think about it,
    Do you take every piece of loot from every mob you kill,
    Of course you dont, and neither do lvl 130+ ppl

One last thing : None of the mobs at the junk yard agro, but if you are a low lvl ,lvl1> you will need to watch out for bulls on the way

MaxNano LVL 63 UBER NT
    3 things wrong here. On RK2 at least, nobody camps the Trash King as I have been there many times recently on missions and collecting Dodga quest parts and never saw him being camped.

Secondly, he isnt on a 15 min timer because I was there for almost 2 hours getting Dodga quest parts and never saw him. in fact, I have only seen him once in the many times I have been there for missions.

Last, at level 63 maybe the mobs at the junk yard dont aggro, but that is because they are grey to you. If they con green to you, they will in fact aggro as they did many times to me before going grey and they did to my friend who just had them go grey a couple days ago.
    Wrongdoer MP RK2
    currently being served by:
    Morbidity (aggroer)
    Bodybag (healer)
    Bozo (mez)

Expire - MA RK2

Max cash

On your point 1

The trashking is camped in RK1 , RK2 is dead and will soon be merged with RK1 i believe, but dint quote me on that

On your point 2

i have a list of the respawns of all mobs in the JY Trask kink is on 15 min respawn and the lackie 1 min after him, maybe this is diffrent in RK2 or maybe someone ran off to zone and it was bad luck for u

On your point 3

The mobs dont agro, the will if you attack them or there buddies but its safe once u get there.

MaxNano, MaxDeath

I did lotsa missions at level~70 to buy my Yalmaha. It was at the time right before concealment stopped working so well, so I sneaked though like 100 missions... Took me many many hours, but I was the first in my guild to get a Yalma, everyone was jealous. They weren't that common back then... I did the same mission route over and over. As a clan I picked them in BS by the Whompa to Avalon, had 3-4 locations in Avalon that were close to Camelot that I picked every time.
    Last edited by Lazz; Jun 11th, 2002 at 14:19:58.

Not sure what junkyard you are in there Maxnano. The Trash King and Trash King Lackey that I know of only spawn once every 24 hours. And the other bots that hang around there will aggro lower level types. I have saved many a person who was just there to do a mission, and got jumped by them.....while I was waiting for the Trash King to spawn. If there is another Trash King that spawns every 15 minutes, I want to know where. I'll join those other lvl130+ people camping him.

Nivenyrral 141st Omni Engineer
    Sometime President of the Band of Brothers

Trash King

I can guarantee this

Log onto Rubi Ka 1

Goto West Athen and goto Junk Yard, Trash King and Trash king lackie spawn every 15 min and this has been the case for weeks inc last night, The reason for this is these mobs form part of the Dodga Quest

Trust Me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast