Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grid armor -So Cool and only for the Extremely lucky

Grid armor -So Cool and only for the Extremely lucky

For the first time I saw a fixer with the Grid armor on today - She told me it was perfect.. And exactly what it should do. Her evades were sharp and she could blitz missions like never before (Practically this is the thing a fixer should do - get stuff that others cant get that easy)

But then she told me that this disc was found by one of her Guildies and after many trouble she had finally got it combined - And she could use it. She also told me that her informations was that only 2 fixers had this armor yet..

Ok so the deal is that this Armor that should be fixers upper hand - Is Only for the extremely lucky ones ? - and the 99.9999% other fixers should just go by and feel like a deranged and worn down class.. This sucks -and makes me real real angry and frustrated. I have used lots of lots of time to look for this disc - and cant find it anywere..

Funcom - Plz do something - U cant contiually just piss all over a whole proffesion like this. Atm I feel like my AO life is just fun because I have some great Guild mates - I cant solo more than 50-55% missions after I hit lvl 67ish - and that is still with my toptuned and overequipped Mausser and gear.

U gotta goddamn respond to us fixers soon - Cant u hear the frustration on this board and on the Fixer Proffesion boards.. U gotta respond - give us feedback.. help us understand what u have in mind, what is comming to us.. we have waited a long time since u first promised changes.

U have used up the Fixers patients - we were promised "Super Duper features" and got a Crappy summon line and a Grid armor that is impossible to get...

Why is it that the Grid Armor is so rare - when every other proffesion addons can be find quite easely with some mission camping ?
    Kohistan
    Proffesion: (Fixer)
    Black Dawn Syndicate

AO is turning into EQ

If you haven't noticed, they are turning the items (weapons, armor, nanos, etc) which people absolutely need and cannot operate without into super rare/hard-to-get items. The continual nerfs with poor explanations or no explanations at all is right on par with the Verant Vision. In effect, FunCom has Sold out. The 12.6 patch showed us how much FunCom really cares about its casual player base, and subsquent patches drove that point in. Naturally, like EQ, I expect to see posts from players asking how/where the components for grid armor were found, and then FunCom will go ahead and make it in turn, more difficult to obtain.

I am sickened. I heard Brad McQuaid left Verant, is he working for FunCom now? Sorry to sound very bitter, but the game doesn't run as well as EQ did, guys and yet FunCom is adopting the practices that caused literally hordes of players to migrate from EQ to this as soon as it was live. For all you former EQ players, I'm sure you can remember the post-50 spells dilemma that all the casters and hybrids had. What we are seeing here is the changing of a game that was story-driven and reliant upon the casual gamers into a Greed-based system driven solely by the power-gamers.

This is a fixer based thread, but it bears connotations for all classes, I truly feel that we can expect to see more of this in the future.

As for me, personally? I'm still beating out tokens trying to get to my token board, logging on and playing maybe once or twice a month. Why do anything else? With all these new nanos, the higher level fixers are being heavily penalized for not investing in Matter Creation skill (all the info about that mess you could possibly want, check out the Fixer Top 10 list).

Cosmik, I love(d) this game, please use what little influence you may have to try bring some semblance of balance back in favor of the players. You know if it happens, there will be a major re-surgence in us players disillusioned with what we're doing now. You know this, bro, give us a sign.
    Pissed off fixer, now playing enforcer, Cogs

hey hey hey, don't forget, that real special group of consultants they brought in to give them a clue said they were going to be working to a no suprises customer relations policy. *smirk*

and now the translation *grin*

A group of overpaid nobodies that no one's heard of or about since they were announced are helping funcom remember to let you know when they are about to **** your profession, the difficulty of finding items does not count since its no suprise that anything useful would be next to impossible to aquire, as that would go against the Vision(tm) err, I mean game policy, it might be an exploit.

I wonder if those 20 new tradeskill terminals will make into the next patch....and maybe some of them will be selling instruction discs...and maybe the other will sell raw materials, such as carbonrich rocks. Lots of maybe's here, but still

I'm a 25 Fixer (Glumoor), I've never seen any stats on this "grid armor", what makes it so good for the fixer? Does it give bonuses to comp lit and intell or something? Lemme know.

this is the stats for the first in the series - it gives stats to evades and DMS.. wish is great when u have to blitz missions..

but u can only dream of this armor cause it is so rare even though it should be every fixer right to have the change to get one...

Modify DMSModifier by 870 On Wearer
    MeleeAC by 53 On Wearer
    ProjectileAC by 53 On Wearer
    ProjectileAC by 53 On Wearer
    FireAC by 53 On Wearer
    ColdAC by 53 On Wearer
    ChemicalAC by 53 On Wearer
    PoisonAC by 53 On Wearer
    RadiationAC by 53 On Wearer
    Dodge by 100 On Wearer
    Evade by 100 On Wearer
    Duck by 100
    Kohistan
    Proffesion: (Fixer)
    Black Dawn Syndicate

Don't forget NTs are feeling the same way with the nullity sphere. Supposedly it is a tradeskill item, but they are so rare it should be labeled unique or rare item. So far 1 nt has the upload in rk-1 and 2 nts on rk-2. Go figure.

I personally don't think it's such a bad idea that not every fixer has this armor and that is is so rare. To me that makes it that much more special, gives a little more personality and bragging rights if you do happen to get one. IMO there should also be weapons that fall under this same "rare" catagory for every profession, not just the fixers.

I agree with Jboss. One of the biggest problems I see in the game is 'rubber stamp syndrome', where basically every soldier is alike, every NT is alike, etc etc. I like the idea that I might be able to acquire a 'special skill' that not just anyone has.

I DO think that it will be a lot cooler once a lot more content has been added. That will greatly increase people's chances of having a unique skill or ability that others don't have, while still getting away fromt he rubber stamp syndrome.

k.

Originally posted by Vegan
    Don't forget NTs are feeling the same way with the nullity sphere. Supposedly it is a tradeskill item, but they are so rare it should be labeled unique or rare item. So far 1 nt has the upload in rk-1 and 2 nts on rk-2. Go figure.
    How much do those nullify spere's go for? I tossed a disc for that in the merchant terminal the other day. Only got a couple k out of it.
    Sinclare
    LV 63 Adventurer
    RubiKa2

Originally posted by Sinclare

How much do those nullify spere's go for? I tossed a disc for that in the merchant terminal the other day. Only got a couple k out of it.
    rofl...around 10-100million, depending who reads your offer

HAHAHA

LOL! There goes a lot of money
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

just as well, its better not to cater to the insanity of the game's player economy

Originally posted by Rypht
    just as well, its better not to cater to the insanity of the game's player economy
    Still, Sinclare could have sold it for a flat 200k price, gain good money *and* make a NT *very* happy at having such a good deal
    Reminds me of the post in the Docs forums where someone reports just deleting a yalm in a mission because his inventory was full and the run speed bonus read lower than his Kodaik...

Unhappy They really need add this game

Basically every person I see walking around is wearing a armor coat or nano cloak. Tank armor become just flat out useless now since the check for nano pool before casting. Sure hope funcom doesn't see this as chance to nerf armor coats but rather add to the game more varities of armor. Having hard time telling people apart in this game when about 3 of them next each other look the same. Nullifty sphere/grid armor/3rd meta pet is just item for the insanely or lucky. Point of even announcing its add to the game seems rather pointless. Sure it sounds nice we added something to the game then read the fine print below (this item is near impossible to find.)

Talking ehhhh oops

Well i sure know why all nts off rk2 badmouth me []

[nt in guild chat] man i would die for a Nullifty Sphere Disc

[me in guild chat] why, r they rare?

[nt in guild chat] r u nuts? they r uber rare!

[me in guild chat] hmmmmm....wonder why it didnt pay more at the vendor then

[nt in guild chat] ur dead

heh....this conversation was for real and i actually did sell the disc...had no clue that it was rare at the time tho....

Makes me think that it would actually be nice if we could compile a lit of somewhat rare stuff... Hate to have these end up in the vendor machine...

As far as I know :
    - decus coats
    - any nano armor piece (not so rare, but can't be bought in shops)
    - Grid Armor
    - Nullify Sphere
    - Support beam (not so rare, but can't be bought in shops)
    - Michael Patriot Ffi (SMG)
    - Novaflow
    - MTI Aleph 99
    - Fold Time&Space
    - Team Warp Time&Space
    - 6 slots belts (damn, if you sold one of these to a vendore machine, you just deserve death!)

Any others?

Ok, in regards to finding the new items - The difficulty in finding the new items introduced (or the parts needed to make them) is intended. The items are supposed to be a little unique, and to 'force' players to look for others that might have found them. (This is also the reason for not making them available in shops.)

The new trade skill shops should make some of the componens for the newly introduced items easier to find. Other components will still have to be found as loot, and will be hard to come by.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Ok, in regards to finding the new items - The difficulty in finding the new items introduced (or the parts needed to make them) is intended. The items are supposed to be a little unique, and to 'force' players to look for others that might have found them. (This is also the reason for not making them available in shops.)

The new trade skill shops should make some of the componens for the newly introduced items easier to find. Other components will still have to be found as loot, and will be hard to come by.
    Ok, now here is the problem. The only nano worth having that uses matter creation is Grid Armor. Is a player supose to blindly invest very tight IP points in MC in the hopes that they can get it.

Even worse, once you go down that path you are locked in. You'll have to upgrade your Grid Armor for it to remain effective so you'll always be in search of the hard to find components.

It makes no sense to add a nano that requires an unused skill AND make it hard to get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast