Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Wishlist]High end 1 h blunt creation weapons

[Wishlist]High end 1 h blunt creation weapons

I decided to make a new fresh thread instead of using this:

Creation shield suggestion

First out is 2 new 1 h blunt staves. I have lowered the damage pretty mush from my old post to prevent overpowering. I see them as a combination of damage, rootresist and Buffingitems.

I also added a level restriction to them and deleted the strengt add.

I would like the nanos to be a quest-reward to prevent camping and add more fun in the process to achieve it.

Staff of lunacy

After creating the Shield of Chaos, the Jobe research came up with a new creation staff for The Meta-Physicists. It reminds of the Gold Acantophis but without the poison effect.

In the black deep of the metaphysic mind lure a thin thread of pure lunacy. The result when extracting this for a creation weapon is something that would help the wearer through hard battles in the fire of Inferno.
    This staff resembles the Gold Acantophis but the color is pure black with red flames.

Slot: RightHand, LeftHand
    ItemType: Weapon
    Flags: VisibleFlag, NoDrop
    MultiMelee: 1221
    AttackRange: 3m
    EquipTime: 2s
    InitiativeType: MeleeInit.
    AttackTime: 1 s
    RechargeTime: 2 s
    Damage: 98-217 (126) -- FireAC
    Atk. Skills: SpaceTime: 80%
    1hBlunt: 20%
    Def. Skills: EvadeClsC: 100%

Requirements

ToWield: Self 1hBlunt >= 782
    Self SpaceTime >= 1400
    Self level >= 206

Events/Effects

OnWear:
    Modify Wearer NPCostModifier -6%
    Modify Wearer Psychic + 20
    Modify Wearer Nanoresist + 70
    ModifyResistance Wearer Snare Line 2 %
    ModifyResistance Wearer Root Line 2 %
    ModifyResistance Wearer Calm/Stun Line 2 %

Staff of Dementia

This staff is a further development of the "Staff of Lunacy". It is dark red with random sparkling light green dots.

Slot: RightHand, LeftHand
    ItemType: Weapon
    MultiMelee: 1241
    AttackRange: 4m
    EquipTime: 2s
    AttackTime: 1 s
    RechargeTime: 2 s
    Damage: 132-298 (131) -- PoisonAC
    Atk. Skills: SpaceTime: 80%
    1hBlunt: 20%

Requirements

ToWield: Self 1hBlunt >= 1000
    Self SpaceTime >= 1700
    Self level >= 213

Events/Effects

OnWear:
    Modify Wearer NPCostModifier -7%
    Modify Wearer Psychic + 42
    Modify Wearer Intelligence + 10
    Modify Wearer Nanoresist + 130
    ModifyResistance Wearer Snare Line 3%
    ModifyResistance Wearer Root Line 4 %
    ModifyResistance Wearer Calm/Stun Line 4 %

Edit: lowered the min. dmg a bit more

Edit: changed the ts req from 1800 -->1700 for the Staff of Dementia.
    Last edited by Upupa; Jun 26th, 2004 at 16:40:54.

Upupa (220/20/60) Valhall Guardians. equip
    Tantal (220/25/68) Atrox Keeper

Time for the shields...

I want two new creation shields. Since the old Shield of Asmodian is pretty good I decided to go with a pretty high level req.

Shield of Chaos ---> level 206
    Shield of Turmoil ---> level 218

I have removed the add duck explosion...

Shield of Chaos

The Meta-Physicists mind is still an area of investigation. We all know how it went with Neleb the Deranged; Thou entering maddness might be a way to grasp the full power of the profession. Some scientists at Jobe research lab have recently been able to extract the essence of chaos and implant it in a powerful creation-shield. They scientist belive that metaphysicans are the right profession to deal with this exciting essence of chaos and here is the result.

Slot: LeftHand
    MultiMelee: 620
    EquipTime: 10s
    AttackTime: 1s
    RechargeTime: 3s
    Damage: 0-0 (0) -- EnergyAC
    Atk. Skills: SpaceTime: 5%
    Matter Creation: 3%
    1 h blunt: 2%
    Duration: 4 hours

Requirements

ToWield: Self 1hBlunt >= 734
    Self SpaceTime >= 1450
    Self level >= 206

Events/Effects

OnWear: Modify Wearer AddAllDef 300
    Modify Wearer intelligence + 20
    Modify Wearer Max health - 100
    LockSkill Wearer DuckExp for 20 minutes
    CastNano Wearer Assault Screen
    Modify Wearer projectile AC 500
    Modify Wearer Melee AC 500
    Modify Wearer Energy AC 500
    Modify Pets Add Nanoresist 150 (15 meters)
    Modify Pets Add all off/def 50 (15 meters)
    ModifyResistance Pets Root line 8% (15 meters)
    ModifyResistance Pets Snare line 7% (15 meters)
    ModifyResistance Pets Calm/Stun Line 7% (15 meters)
    ModifyResistance Pets Charm line 7% (15 meters)

Shield of Turmoil

Slot: LeftHand
    MultiMelee: 740
    EquipTime: 10s
    AttackTime: 1s
    RechargeTime: 3s
    Damage: 0-0 (0) -- EnergyAC
    Atk. Skills: SpaceTime: 5%
    Matter Creation: 3%
    1 h blunt: 2%
    Duration: 4 hours

Requirements

ToWield: Self 1hBlunt >= 1000
    Self SpaceTime >= 1820
    Self level >= 217

Events/Effects

OnWear: Modify Wearer AddAllDef 390
    Modify Wearer intelligence + 32
    Modify Wearer Max health - 50
    LockSkill Wearer DuckExp for 10 minutes
    CastNano Wearer Assault Screen
    Modify Wearer projectile AC 600
    Modify Wearer Melee AC 600
    Modify Wearer Energy AC 600
    Modify Pets Add Nanoresist 200 (15 meters)
    Modify Pets Add all off/def 120 (15 meters)
    ModifyResistance Pets Root line 11% (15 meters)
    ModifyResistance Pets Snare line 10% (15 meters)
    ModifyResistance Pets Calm/Stun Line 10% (15 meters)
    ModifyResistance Pets Charm line 10% (15 meters)

Edit: changed Addalldef at "Shield of Turmoil" from 350 to 390
    and added projectile, melee and energy AC to both shields (like the skylight shield that also got theese 3 armor-types)

increased the "aura" to 15 meters
    took away the reflect all AC and replaced it with the assult screen with 20 to 10 min recharge. Also lowered the lvl req at the turmoil shield and tweaked it some.
    Last edited by Upupa; Jun 23rd, 2004 at 10:00:09.

Thumbs up

yes, those ideas are great
    216 Meda "Eaneva" McDuff Deity Parked, waiting for better times.
    220 Stewie "Alaviseo" Griffin Finalizer Enlightened at last.

Squad Commander of ..:Nordic Alliance:..

Playing since august 2003

Eponyx signature: There are no bugs, only undocumented features.

Rotender: I play peekaboo with babies and steal their candy when they cover their eyes

great ideas

maybe a tad high Multi melee on the shields?

Originally posted by Volume99
    great ideas

maybe a tad high Multi melee on the shields?
    I have chosed a value at multimelee that you can achive for that level without any problem. The only drawnback may be ip-cost. ^^

sorry but.. all things considered.. I think we should not worry about asking for creation weapons. FC has shown some odd reasoning in pushign us to weapons. The only way this is a good idea is if we get 1hb, 1hs, 2hb, 2hs, shield, bow, and pistol creation weapons to name a few. At some point it just hits the realm of the stupid. Besides, do we need 30 new nanos like that.. or how abotu a damn nuke that lets us be battle casters again...

My nukes do even begin to keep up with my weapon damage... (

Originally posted by wassabi
    sorry but.. all things considered.. I think we should not worry about asking for creation weapons. FC has shown some odd reasoning in pushign us to weapons. The only way this is a good idea is if we get 1hb, 1hs, 2hb, 2hs, shield, bow, and pistol creation weapons to name a few. At some point it just hits the realm of the stupid. Besides, do we need 30 new nanos like that.. or how abotu a damn nuke that lets us be battle casters again...

My nukes do even begin to keep up with my weapon damage... (
    I may be slow...

Can you explain this post more?

Made some editing at the shields: added projectile/melee/energy AC.

The old shields had an error in the description regarding their attack skills where it cut off the second number. Looks like you've taken that description error with you. All attack skills should add up to 100%

I don't think we need the -HP. We've already got Odin's to give us the lowest HP of any profession.

I also don't know that the "modifypet" stat is something the devs can currently implement. I do think however that you could get a similar effect by using the creation on your pet like an engi or crat uses a trimmer. I think the devs would look at your proposal a little more favorable for that.

Regarding the staves they look very good. However, do you think that the attack/recharge times are awfully fast considering the melee init values possible?

Looks like you put a good deal of work into it though, good job Upupa.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Originally posted by Sallust
    The old shields had an error in the description regarding their attack skills where it cut off the second number. Looks like you've taken that description error with you. All attack skills should add up to 100%

I don't think we need the -HP. We've already got Odin's to give us the lowest HP of any profession.

I also don't know that the "modifypet" stat is something the devs can currently implement. I do think however that you could get a similar effect by using the creation on your pet like an engi or crat uses a trimmer. I think the devs would look at your proposal a little more favorable for that.

Regarding the staves they look very good. However, do you think that the attack/recharge times are awfully fast considering the melee init values possible?

Looks like you put a good deal of work into it though, good job Upupa.
    Lol I did start with an attackskill of total 100% but then remade it when I looked up the old creation again...

I will modify it a bit later thou since I am at work.

Very good posts indeed. Well thought out, and you even have back stories. Hopefuly a dev will see this and go Hmmmmm......thats not bad at all.......
    Shadow Lv 13 Deity. Mp Warrior.
    I am The Master of Shadows. I am here to help you...
    We are L E G I O N for we are many.

Teh Layout

“One should be as humble as the dust he treads upon...
    But do not mistake my Humbleness as Weakness.”

The light battles the darkness.Who we are decides which side will prevail.

I will do some more extended backstories a rainy day

For now bump it up.

I fail to see any overpowered things with these stuffs, gives the MPs a use for their nano line again... and hopefully they'll look unique(ish)... bump for an idea!

Staves:

-% nanocost is really not that useful, since many high level MPs reach breed cap simply with IOR, and its really no longer needed for nuking since our nukes are best used in a supplemental nature to weapons during the recharge time.

I don't think they're overpowered. No, I really think they're quite underpowered, and I really think these are quite frankly rather useless except as RP items. Really, I would rather have a profession defining weapon that is useful and unique at the same time.

Shields:

While I can see situations in which a person might want to use these weapons, I can't say I would really have any desire to be as close to my pet as 8 meters during any of them, especially in a pvp type situation where the pet bonuses would actually be in effect. Especially considering the fact that people have a habit of running around trying to get someone to calm/mezz/root the pet for them...they're not likely to remain within the 8 meter range at all.

Overall:

As sallust said, the attack skills really should add up to 100% or they will suck. Profession-specific weapons are really cool, but creation weapons are just not where its at so to speak. The idea was an interesting one, but really, at this point, creation items, especially [ugh] level requed ones, are not something that is very beneficial, especially at high levels where our nukes just arent worth using as a main weapon. By no means would these items give us a use for nukes again...they just don't do the damage necessary on their own. Slow weapons with low minimum damage are also not useful for most situations as an MP.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Originally posted by Vojoc
    Staves:

-% nanocost is really not that useful, since many high level MPs reach breed cap simply with IOR, and its really no longer needed for nuking since our nukes are best used in a supplemental nature to weapons during the recharge time.

I don't think they're overpowered. No, I really think they're quite underpowered, and I really think these are quite frankly rather useless except as RP items. Really, I would rather have a profession defining weapon that is useful and unique at the same time.

Shields:

While I can see situations in which a person might want to use these weapons, I can't say I would really have any desire to be as close to my pet as 8 meters during any of them, especially in a pvp type situation where the pet bonuses would actually be in effect. Especially considering the fact that people have a habit of running around trying to get someone to calm/mezz/root the pet for them...they're not likely to remain within the 8 meter range at all.

Overall:

As sallust said, the attack skills really should add up to 100% or they will suck. Profession-specific weapons are really cool, but creation weapons are just not where its at so to speak. The idea was an interesting one, but really, at this point, creation items, especially [ugh] level requed ones, are not something that is very beneficial, especially at high levels where our nukes just arent worth using as a main weapon. By no means would these items give us a use for nukes again...they just don't do the damage necessary on their own. Slow weapons with low minimum damage are also not useful for most situations as an MP.
    I have been nerfing this suggestion ever since first post to prevent overpowering. Especially I have lowered the min damage at the staves. The staves is meant to be possible to use full def with 1/1 speed. Therefore I lower attack and recharge time at them. (1 s attack 2s recharge) With those changes the first stave outdamage a ql 300 Collous Cudgel at full def. but the skull of despair does a lot more dmg of course. Thou do consider that the creation option render a lot higher attackrating = less misses etc..

About the range at the aura provided from the shield...I agree and increase it to 15 m.

I added, and updated the wishlist entires you have here, but next time, please just bump your old thread, if you are just simply editing a item that is already entered on the MP Wishlist.
    Currently sniffing the back of your neck.
    Trilic lvl 215 Meta-Physicist Deity
    W
    ..:: Got Mocham? No? Then try The MP Guide. ::..

Originally posted by Trilic
    I added, and updated the wishlist entires you have here, but next time, please just bump your old thread, if you are just simply editing a item that is already entered on the MP Wishlist.
    I am sorry for your extra work...that was really not my intention.
    Make a link to this thread and you don´t have to do some endless edeting

I originally had all links pointing to your old thread, I had to redirect them all to this thread....wasnt too much work or anything, Just next time, if all you want to do is comment or edit something that is on the wishlist, bump your old thread. I have links to them in the wishlist to make it easier to find your old thread.
    Currently sniffing the back of your neck.
    Trilic lvl 215 Meta-Physicist Deity
    W
    ..:: Got Mocham? No? Then try The MP Guide. ::..

I have been thinking a lot about the "reflect all AC" at the 2 shields. I am not pleased with it actually so I replaced it with Assault Screen that recharge every 20 min at the first shield and every 10 min at the second one. This Assault Screen I stole from the Assault-class Tank Armor.

I also tweeked the shield of the Turmoil some (lowered add max health from - 100 to - 50, addall def/off at pets 100 --> 120) and lowered it´s req a tiny bit + the level req from 218 to 217.
    Last edited by Upupa; Jun 23rd, 2004 at 10:02:10.

Now you have something I would actually use, even if I would never equip that, I would summon it and keep it in my inventory all the time.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast