Thread: need ideas

need ideas

okay this isn't realy agent related, but who else have so good knowledge of rifle?=)

well my situation, I got a char that I want to use rifle on, he isn't an agent so agent only rifles can be used

AttackRating: 730
    AimedShot skill: 1100

so my question is what will be the best rifle, fast AS recharge, or higher dmg... any suggestions.. everything welcome!

---------- Talking PvP ----------
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Buy yourself a QL 199 Longshot, the Unusual Longshot is perhaps one of the best non-agent rifles in the game when it comes to damage in SL and minimum damage ratings.

If you're looking purely for AS recharge, I'm not sure what to tell you, other then get your AS skill higher.

Longshot blows in pvp

As it seems you are going rifle mostly for aimshot, A Zastaba Velocity seems like best way to go for a non-agent, if you can get the recharge down. You might be a bit short at 1100 though. A Superior Abigail or a Superior Fiddle rifle would also be nice options for purely capping AS recharge, although the abigail takes pistol as well as rifle.
    Mimic: Agent

Well curently I'm running around with a chimical rifle, and I can't say I like it, it is almost equal to Zastaba, same recharge, abit less max dmg, so I gues I would hit with like 100 more as Min AS dmg with a Zastaba.

But I'm not even close to get it down to < 13sec(that is needed) to make it any usefull at all.
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

The Zastaba sucks compared to the Longshot when it comes to AS damage at that low of Aimed Shot skill, however the recharge will be faster no matter what. I dont really like the Fiddle Rifles either, they sound annoying.

I'd rather have a more damaging Aimed Shot then one I can fire off every now and then that might not do as much damage. Unless the damage is enough to cripple enemies, it's not enough. For an NT, I think that the Unusual Longshot would be a bit better when it comes to pvp, considering they would start out with one high AS hit, then be able to nuke them down fast. For any other profession, the single large AS hit would scare alot of others into running from the combat, giving you the advantage. Either way you look at it, higher damage numbers matter when you can't get your capped speed off of your rifle.

But that's just me.

(Now, if he managed to get his AS skill up to 1400-1600ish, and got himself a Zastaba it wouldn't be so bad, because he would be at capped AS refresh, but at 1100 it would still take 19-21 seconds or so, perhaps a little longer for AS to come back, in that amount of time, i'd rather have a single large shot rather then a slightly faster one that sucks when it comes to damage.)

Edit:

Good luck getting the Longshot though, the Unusual one is a bit rare, and almost impossible to get unless you have a ton of cash, trade items, or a big guild that would help you farm one up.
    Last edited by Militaryman; Apr 9th, 2005 at 15:46:48.

You can try a Zastaba, or Alsaqri Chemical Rifle (tradeskilled)- I've tried the zastabe, seems fine for other non-agent profs, never tried the Alsaqri on non-agent profs. I'd go with these cause, GL getting a ql199 Longshot.

This is if you're PvP-oriented. If you seek PvM, although rifle isn't a good choice at all, Kyr'Ozch Rifles Type 3 and/or Yatamutchy X-3 Rifles. You can also try the Kyr'Ozch Rifle (Type 2/3) in PvP and test the AimedShot around, however, X-3 isn't that much to look at when it comes to AimedShot recharge.
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front

You ned 1250 AS to cap Zastaba at 11 seconds, tried and tested!

is unusual longshot ingame? never saw one
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex0r
    is unusual longshot ingame? never saw one
    Personally, haven't seen one or been able to wield one, however saw someone post a QL199 Unusual Longshot like a year ago or so. However, its extremely rare and just isn't worth the hassle.
    General of Dark Front

Quote Originally Posted by Onlymeh
    Personally, haven't seen one or been able to wield one, however saw someone post a QL199 Unusual Longshot like a year ago or so. However, its extremely rare and just isn't worth the hassle.

does it drop from kaeler jr as well?
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex0r
    does it drop from kaeler jr as well?
    My guess is yes, (also probably from the Omni-sided Commander Fredrickson), however I seriously either think it no longer drops or...its appaulingly rare.
    General of Dark Front

ive seen em in player shops for 1m lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dworkin
    ive seen em in player shops for 1m lol
    I bet you mean the Longshots, QL200s- We're talking about QL199, the Unusual Longshot.
    General of Dark Front

The Unusual Longshot dropped(rarely) for a period of about two days during a series of patches immediately after the release of Notum Wars, not off of Kaehler Jr, but off one of the lesser mobs there. Only a handful ever made it into the game, and I'd be surprised if anyone who still plays AO today has one.