Thread: case of the disappearing gui

case of the disappearing gui

Wondered if im alone in this.

In certain spots particulaly in inferno I have all of my gui dissapear.
    Only thing that stays on screen is quick bar and old-style gui boxes ie wear/programs.
    targets disappear also ie i name of mobs targeted and thier hp bars.

Spots of issue (no coords sos to lazy 4 that) ;

near hebiel
    North of frontier statue
    Near Afreet
    Near Mortigs aniltaps shadow (the redeemed temple path)
    Along run from frontier statue - to unredeemed bridge

I have tried changing the detection settings to as has been put forward to clr the layers disappearing bug. no joy.

I am using a 3.2Ghz pentium, 9800 pro card, 3/4 gig ram.

In the option menu, under Visual, then Misc, make sure Offscreen Surface Technology is not checked.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Hmm... Since you say this is tied to certain locations this is a long shot, but: are you sure you're not accidentally hitting the '\' key?

deffinitaly not hitting a key. did have that off screen tech. box ticked hopefully that will clr the issue, thks ill say if fixed in a mo.

Yupperse Rak that seems to have cleared it up tyvm been annoying me 4 ages.

That not been fixed yet? It's the "heat haze" effect from the lava that does it... as mentioned, the workaround is to not enable the offscreen rendering tech.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Darkbane
    That not been fixed yet? It's the "heat haze" effect from the lava that does it... as mentioned, the workaround is to not enable the offscreen rendering tech.
    Yep that is the official work around. (For clarification) Also, the devs/BHs/GMs do know about it because they are the ones who gave us the workaround.

Originally posted by Darkbane
    That not been fixed yet?
    Nope.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

I found turning the "Liquid Animation" option off worked as well.
    If A equals success, then the formula is A=X+Y+Z, where X is "work," Y is "play," and Z is "keep your mouth shut." --Albert Einstein