Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolling a keeper.

Rolling a keeper.

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself.
    I'm Divine001/Reaction on RK2, and i decided to roll a 220 keeper.
    His name is Divinekeep, he's trox and very cute.

At the very moment, he is 160, and i've stopped there for a little while (kinda powerlevelled up to there).
    I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what to put on armor-wise, as there seem to be so many interesting options. He's currently wearing a full pred set, but it's pretty selfevident that i am going to re-equip him. I don't know - will a full set of T-1 do?
    You see, i will probably be powerlevelling him even more in the future, duallogging my 220 mains in pen/inf mishes, so he won't be doing alot.
    I guess i'll get a notucomm for back, even though it's ugly. Or HNTA?
    At 220, i am aiming for a mix of T-3 and CM, with perhaps a CC part here or there. I guess i could afford and put on a couple QL200~ CM parts right now, but would it even make a difference?
    I'm probably going to stay at 160 for a lil' while. First of all, to roll some LE mishes and get at least AI15. Second of all, to get kited and get all researches to 5. Third, to try the 150-174 BS a little, because i've literally no experience at all when it comes to keeper pvp.
    I just finished my reperking from AoR, so now i have Blessing 6, Reaver 6 and Bio 4.
    Gonna start off with a set of QL200 implants at the moment, maybe one or two symbs (head and something else). Not gonna twink him out, as said, because i will be powerlevelling.
    Which is more important for a pvp keeper - AC, HP or Evades?
    Gonna go for a sort of mixed AR/Defense equip at 220.

Guys have any tips for 220 PvP? I'm definitely going to train Mongo Rage in order to.. well, perk people. I hear all the time that keepers are 'godmode' and that you need 5+ people to kill a keeper, and i've seen some of their nice defenses when i PvPed vs them on BS - but tell me, how does it really work?
    As i see now, all i'm going to have at 220 is BioCocoon, Bio Regrowth and the Blessing heal (Curing touch? Was it?). That's not too much if you ask me, especially because they all have 2 mins+ recharge time. How useful is Devotional armor?
    Which are the factors that decide if i can kill a 220 doc or not? Should i be able to?
    What will my alpha be? I have a 210 enfo, so i am fairly acknowledged with the Reaver perkline, but i've been perked on my MA by keepers. It's not just Pain Lance+Slice 'n Dice, is it? What other fast and effective alpha damage perks should i aim for? Any AI perks?
    I am also thinking if it's worth it to stay at 160-190 (don't know, i guess any level there) and farm 1k tokens, the old fashioned style, a.k.a RK mishes. Is that something i should do? If so, how long approximately would it take me to do 1k tokens at 160, running missions? I mean, my agent on the other account can solo Dreadloch bosses and get me one of them Combat Boards which don't require any tokens, which will save me alot of time and headache i suppose. What do you think?

I realise that's alot of questions, heh, but that's one of the main reasons i started a keeper. I don't know much about them, and i am very curious about what makes them so effective in both PvM and PvP.

I'm sure i forgot some minor stuff here, so i'll be popping in here with questions every now and then.

Thanks! //Divine

Full pred + dchest up to 220. Cheap and fine.
    blah

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=72188

check this setup i made for u, the perks are for 220 lvl, but the armours u can equip at 160-200
    Quadrivium .... a new begining :|

RK2 Veteran of Genesis

Master Evolkeep 220/25 Keeper I R DEAD Pic :x Equip
    Experienced Skyfix 220/20 Fixer

RK1 General of Exile
    Master Banditu 220/22 Agent Pic <3 Ze gear
    No title Spinarex 216/15 Doc
    Freshman Cratforall 215/9 Crat

Reroll for sector 10 phats.

edit:
    PVP at 160 will be hard for you I think. I would almost suggest raising bio6 and reaver 4, but reaver 6 is PainLance IIRC, which is a very nice dd perk.

Which is more important for a pvp keeper - AC, HP or Evades? <-- Evades for sure, Though I'm not sure if they can be useful at all at level 160 without proper twinking.
    HP could also be helpful, I've never believed in the low HP route myself, but I can understand its purpose.

And I certainly think the 1kboard will be helpful to you, and after handing in several many bags of token guns at 210, I was wishing for RK missions again.

Which are the factors that decide if i can kill a 220 doc or not? Should i be able to?
    I don't think its possible to kill a decently equipped pvp 220 doctor. But what I do is put 3 dots on them, hit them with normal hits till their about to heal and SnD+painlance+fast+brawl+Bluntness and hope like hell they die.

What will my alpha be? I have a 210 enfo, so i am fairly acknowledged with the Reaver perkline, but i've been perked on my MA by keepers. It's not just Pain Lance+Slice 'n Dice, is it? What other fast and effective alpha damage perks should i aim for? Any AI perks?

Alpha=see above. Basically with the cookie setup of HM+Bio+CT+Reaver, we dont really get any extra damage perks that enfos have. As for AI perks, you mentioned Mongo Rage. In addition to that put 1 perk in crusade (you should already have this, gives a dot that scales with 2he) and the rest of your perks in CoHI.

If you want more damage, train SS. When I had it trained the seppuku slash perk I found the seppuku slash perk great on anyone running away (particularly enforcers). I've had 5k hits in pvp with it, but it requires then to be on less than 15% hp.

I really miss SS since my perk reset, Unfortunatly there isnt a perkline I can afford to lose.

As i see now, all i'm going to have at 220 is BioCocoon, Bio Regrowth and the Blessing heal (Curing touch? Was it?). That's not too much if you ask me, especially because they all have 2 mins+ recharge time. How useful is Devotional armor?

The difference here from your enforcer is we have much better evades. Blessing has a lower 1k heal, and Curing Touch 7k heal. Bio has a small 1k-ish area heal. and we have our gimpy aura.

Godmode in pvp (against 3+ people) lasts for 30sec every 2 minutes (give or take), and consists of devotional armour+bio and using CT at the right time. Having biorejuv running helps alot.
    After that you run away.

Devotional armour is great, especially when stacked with RRFE. 65% reflect with the extra 3% from bio10 (you can also get +10% from LEperk+Aura). Its like a baby TMS for 30seconds.

1v1 you should be able to spread your perks out and survive a while longer :P

I hope thats a bit morehelpful than my original statement
    Last edited by Kleever; May 27th, 2007 at 15:52:28. Reason: Original post wa not helpful at all :P

Quote Originally Posted by UnleashedFURY View Post
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=72188

check this setup i made for u, the perks are for 220 lvl, but the armours u can equip at 160-200
    This looks very good indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleever View Post
    Reroll for sector 10 phats.
    They ain't nodrop.

Tier pad? It sucks, replace that by ofab at least :P
    blah

PvP might be tough for a keeper at this level it's not like your gonna get WTFpawned just your gonna get a world of hurt because your better heals don't kick in till around 210ish or so, but if your planning on staying to farm aliens keeper seems pretty good with OBs as far as what I have seen.

Thanks for all the help guys.
    I'm thinking about what AI perks i should do now. I'm prolly gonna stay at 160 until AI18~ ...
    Should i perk Crusade? Or should i perk CoHI instead?
    Perhaps put 5 perks in CoNC instead for Nano Feast?
    Maybe 3 perks in Atrox Prim Genome for Body Tackle? Is it useful at 160?

btw kleev - Reaver 7 is Pain lance, from lvl 180. I'll eventually get there though, and definitely perk it.

For AI Perks, Max CoHI (would be 9 iirc), Max Crusade (7 i think ;p) and 3 in the genome that gives you Wit of the Atrox

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Twink

I think a 165-170 keeper twink would do fine.

Dchest, Ofab sleeves and legs, pred circlet, leg choppers, pred boots, MOTR and T2/Chosen SP. Ofab Sword, Nemisis nano to nerf agents, 225 imps mixed with syms, Notumcomm Mesh. Think it would work well.

I am make one now :P

And that is just one trox's opinion.
    "Yeah when I walk as a shadow through the valley of death I will be feared as evil!"

keeper twink with dchest..it sux mate, dchest is ok @ high lvls on keeper when u train ss line also, at low lvl u need ar.
    Quadrivium .... a new begining :|

RK2 Veteran of Genesis

Master Evolkeep 220/25 Keeper I R DEAD Pic :x Equip
    Experienced Skyfix 220/20 Fixer

RK1 General of Exile
    Master Banditu 220/22 Agent Pic <3 Ze gear
    No title Spinarex 216/15 Doc
    Freshman Cratforall 215/9 Crat

At TL 5 twinks have insane evades in full CSS/Scout. Don't go add dmg but AR imho. Kpr twink sucks anyway. You won't kill anything and die a lot.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    You won't kill anything and die a lot.
    In the words of Sil, 'Dieing is fun'

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Well, as stated, i'm not doing any twink. He's just 160 atm and i'm staying here for a while to quickly do my AI17~ and maybe even 1k token board.
    Then it's SKSKSKSKS to 220.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    and maybe even 1k token board.
    You should of had your 1k board early TL4 and try farm 2.5k @ tl6 otherwise you are gonna spend loads of time farming TG's

Well, i misses that.
    Actually, i don't have a problem spending 500m and buying a ****load of token guns for 2.5k board.
    But think i should take the time and do 1k now? at 160?

yes, the token board is argueably the single best item in the game and well worth the effort

Well, i decided to screw it and powerlevel at the moment. I'll do 2,5k at 220, shouldn't take long there at all.
    Also decided to max AoR now, because i'm duallogging my keeper with my 220 MA main in mishes, so he doesn't do anything anyways. Which means that a little more passive healing is always nice. And rofl, i just kinda noticed, he's still wearing QL75 implants >.<

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast