Thread: The Cities are too damn dark!

Exclamation The Cities are too damn dark!

I know we are supposed to save energy , but please FC add some streetlights in the cities and TURN THEM ON at night! It is crazy that I have to put on my ir goggles to see where I am going in the middle of trade. It also would be nice for the illumination diameter of the floating torches to be increased.

If you agree with this suggestion please BUMP it so someone at FC notices this thread.
    215 MP - Proud member of Band of Brothers

The should have special mobs come out only at night too. it'd be great to go night hunting.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Have a 300 credz night vision goggles hot keyed. Thats what i do.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Talking

And while we are at it, lets make it JUST LIKE Castlevania 2 for the NES...

Every time it gets dark out, everyone's screen will freeze up and the following message will appear:

"WHAT A TERRIBLE NIGHT FOR A CURSE!"

Then all the vampires and hard to kill ish will suddenly appear, and that cool music will play, and...

nm
    Last edited by Atremis; Jun 7th, 2002 at 16:36:07.

There is definitely a problem with the darkness in the game, on some people's monitors or video cards or whatever it turns into total blackness at night. What the game needs is a gamma or brightness adjustor within the game itself, so you don't have to mess with your video settings in order to be able to see. When I first got the game my screen would literally go black at night, I could not see one thing no matter where I was. Even the night vision goggles didn't cut it. I finally ended up having to adjust my settings in order to be able to play the game at night, but it's a pain because now all the other games on my computer are way too bright.

Yes the night for me is WAY to dark as well. I thought about tweaking my settings but it affects all the normal brightness games as well so decided against it.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Talking Bah

didn't this discussion come up in beta?

anyway it keeps the noobs away from the wilderness.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

It's something semi-buggy

It's not really a case of a design issue (i.e., keeping newbies out of the wilderness)....it's a case of something odd with the game. My girlfriend and I both play, and the game is much brighter on her machine than on mine. Other games look comparable, so I don't believe it's a brightness/contrast or gamma adjustment (in the OS) issue....it's an AO issue. I would love a gamma adjustment in AO so I could make it playable at night on my machine without making other games unplayably bright (if I adjust monitor or OS gamma). Using a floating torch and night vision goggles just doesn't brighten it up enough, even with brightness on my monitor maxed out. I can make it decent if I turn gamma up in Windows, but then it's way too bright in the day (yes, taking goggles off in daytime), not to mention ruining other games until I adjust it back down to default settings.

A simple in-game gamma control would rock.

A monitors Brightness setting is used to set the black level of a monitor. So you need to use that to make black look black.

Contrast is what is used to set the white level. That is what makes white look white. So you need to adjust that to make things brighter.

Only adjust monitor settings after your monitor has been on for more than 30 minutes or so to give it a chance to warm up.