Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Clans and Neutrals: Restoring Neutrality

Then I appologize mr Naefen. You have more insight in your position than I originally gave you credit for. And yes, we would greatly differ in our veiws on what freedom is.

I admit I couldnt resist a few verbal punches, out of old habit after years of war perhaps. But dont get me wrong. I believe peace can be made by diplomatic means rather than war. And maybe we have to make that peace sooner than we think. Even mr Ross himself stated in a meating in Newland some time back that there are other enemies out there we may have to face. And with recent events, the slaying of the Beast, and rumors of something coming...

But all of that is, another discussion.

The reason I replied to this thread is that I hear Neutrals complaining about increasing hostility from the Clans. But I hear litle about the reasons behind this, or what could or should be done about it.

((ooc: I agree, great fun reading some of these posts, not much about the topic at hand though hehe, but still ))

((00c: Its incredible how fast we get out off topic in these threads. ))
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

The neutrality question...

...will only be addressed when Neutrals start acting like Neutrals. They currently do not. In particular, most Neutrals I see in the big economic centers are walking arm in arm with Omni-Tek.

You have to understand the mentality of the Omni-Tek fighter to understand how they might still continue to be thought of as a "neutral". Mr. Naefen claims that the reason that the "Neutrals" like to hang out with Omni more than they do with Clan is that "they treat them better". So, as we all suspected, the loyalty of the Neutral person with respect to the conflict is utterly purchasable. So says Naefen.

If I were a Neutral, and I wasn't being some Omni's three toed sloth pet, I'd be plenty upset at this accusation. I'm terribly sorry, but when you are picking one side or the other against the 3rd, you are most certainly not neutral any longer. However, I see this more often than not. Catching Neutrals at tower fights, watching the vast majority of Neutrals at Omni-Tek raids, Unredeemed Gardens and Sanctuaries, in Omni cities, etc...you don't even appear to be Neutral any longer. You don't even make it surreptitious any longer. You all flaunt your relationship with Omni-Tek quite openly.

And that is the point of this. Because by a lot of your own admissions, Neutral PREFERS Omni-Tek over Clan when it comes to socializing, missioning and raiding. Now, as I have mentioned, that kind of behaviour is choosing a side, which no longer allows you to call yourselves Neutral. The Neutral faction needs to be dissolved, or at the very least it needs to be able to be taken off of guilds/players that do not act in this way any longer. When you become a belligerent, you should have the neutral distinction removed from you immediately and irrevocably.

How do we repair the apparently and gaping rift between Clan and Neutral? When Neutral starts acting with neutrality.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.
    -----------------------------------

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

What neutrals are you talking about Joshua?

I see omnis overrunning Newland and taking it over, I see omnis sometimes bullying and murdering neutrals in Borealis. With a few exceptions though I don't see many partnerships.

Neutrals are still neutrals, it is just that their regular relations with Clan and OT has been badly damaged especially with growing anti-neutral militants.

I don't see neutrals preferring OT over Clan, I see neutrals doing it because Omnis have overrun their cities. This is why I made this very proposal, to let neutrals know that the services of Old Athen are open to them in addition to Borealis.

Yesterday I say Midia in Borealis throwing her weight around by nuking pets taking turns begging and insulting neutrals to go attack the Sentinels. Nobody I saw helped her, people left the opportunity to retaliate even against the hated Sentinels.

Then again Midia is rather pathetic these days groaning and growling in turn like a mangy alley beast.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Neutrals, to remain neutral, should take NO part in a conflict.
    The second they do, siding with Omni or Clan or on their own, they no longer are neutral.

So neutrals made themselves a paradox.

Only solution for them is to do the lemming run or join Clan. The ones that would chose to join Omni already ARE second-class Omni.

Let's split the Newt land and call it a day.
    There are NO Newts.
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

(Talking as a Neutral in all respects)

Well Doctorfun, Neutrals are actually a bunch of people who do not want to part of the conflict. <period> But sometimes we get our towers attacked by certain (Newts should be eradicated type orgs) no matter what faction, we will stand up for ourselves, and will fight for our rights. I for 1 do not prefer sides over another.

But when i see sided peeps insult me for not wanting to take a side in the conflict, i see them as disrespecting my own beleifs.

that is the predjudice we get, and we defend against.

Sallust, I read you initial thread and i welcome the approach, but this doesn't mean i am gonna be a clan lover either. i have freinds on both sides.

(if someone thinks i am sided with 1 of the sides, then they obviously don't know me)

Guojia
    211 Engineer - General of the New Movement

I do not expect all neutrals to change sides. Of course The Pilgrims try to teach all people whether wayward Clanners, neutrals, or Omni to respect Knowledge, The Notum, Freedom, and Justice.

The friendship of most Clans is not limited to simply who dies for us fighting our enemies.

I think its a shame that even though some clanners,like Sallust, try theyre very best to improve relations with Neutrals there are always atleast just as many clanners who wants the Neutrals dead and buried.
    Its the paradox of being clan. You can promise all the glitter and gold youd like but in the end the clanner standing next to you might disagree entirely.

Omni Tek`s chairman have personally aided Neutral`s in the past and that ,along with a huge percentage of the corp`s employee`s attitudes, is why Omni Tek have a overall good standing with the Neutrals. Its not like we "opress" or "hire" the Neutrals to be our friends. We have earned theyre friendship. And they have earned ours.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Actually it is just Omnis like you pointing repeatedly to the few Clanners that dislike neutrals.

From the Rimor CoT for June:

Terra Firma - 7 Clans
    Knights - 6 Clans
    Sentinels - 3 Clans
    Gaia - 1 Clan
    Vanguard - 1 Clan
    Pilgrims - 1 Clan

so that makes 3 anti-Neutral Clans versus 16 which aren't. Plus of the 9 legacy Clans, only Sentinels and maybe Eco Warriors are opposed to neutrals. With them voting it is maybe 5 to 23.

As for Omni-Tek, you still won't even let them have independence but count them as "Omni-Tek citizens" who receive no benefits from the corporation. It isn't like there aren't some Omnis who'll shoot neutrals on sight and destroy their towers either.

In the end I hope neutrals realize what happens if each side wins. If the Clans win with a neutral friendly majority, they prosper. If Sentinels or Omni-Tek (with the current administrators) win then in the end there can be no neutrals.

First of all I think you need to read my previous statement again and understand that I am actually supporting you.

Secondly I must ask.... Do you not aknowledge the hundreds of clans outside of CoT as clans? Ive seen that list time after time and it seems to me you pay no heed to the others.

Thirdly, how can you compare Omni Tek`s administrators with the leaders of the Sentinels?? Thats to low, even for you. Is not Mr.Ross, if anyone, administrating Omni Tek? Was it not Mr.Ross himself that aided the Neutrals personally in theyre time of need?

And I do admit there are individual Omni Tek employees out there who dont like, or even hate, the Neutrals. But at the same time there are entire clans whos policy are to shoot them on sight. I believe that is slightly more serious dont you? These clans are more than the ones on your list witch you so conviniently have decided to "forget".

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

At 1 point we were often welcomed to join the Clan raid bots, and there where many of my mates who went to raid for the mercs, but the clan community voted us off this bot... why ... to push us toward Omni probably, or it's a omni conspiracy?... i don't really think there is a conspiracy , but i just think that the ban has not helped matters get any better. in addition to the frequent raiding of Neutral towers.

Well that ban was a bad call and it was really the sign of the end to Ethernal's bots. RIP
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

I hate Midia... My number one target on rubi-ka
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Well unfortunately because the "Clans" are not made up of any just one idea/ideal any action made by one org a person may not reflect what is . The Sentinels being a militiristic dictatorship while The Pilgrims being the other end of the spectrum as I understand it. Bringing up the Dust Brigade most persons I have spoken to have not cared for the actions of Dust Brigade, a true terroristic organization, even though a part of Clan is still frowned on. The Council of Truth while trying to possibly have the Clans find some common ground and to show a united front have a difficulty representing everyones ideals because of either conflicting ideas or the organizations not particularly caring for change. Extremists are on both sides and tend to try to stop change whether it is for the good of all involved or not. This is where the neutrals tend to find their own niche. Supplying weaponry, manpower or funding to stave off impending problems from either side can't truly be seen as siding at all its more like trying to survive. Truly, one of these days Clan or OT will push Neutrals into a corner with which there is no escape and find out that all they have done is succeeding in making another unneeded enemy.
    [Team] Darich: this sucks. only 2 adds so far lol

Originally posted by PaxCorpus
    Congratulations on that lil speech Sallust. However you missed out to say that we, the servants of Omni-Tek, eat lil children.

Guess that says it all. Amen.
    There it is folks! Right from the horse's mouth so to speak. Not only must we fight Omni for our freedom, but to protect the lives of our innocent children!

Save the babies! Join the Clans!
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-11-07 04:09:22
    It will remain playable until : 2004-12-06 15:13:07

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234