Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creation shield suggestion

First of all, those are very creative ideas. I really like how creative the MP community is.
    Personally, I think the staves will do a little too much damage. I will stick by what I said before, 1HB should take on a more defensive role and have the best buffs with little to no damage. 2HB should take on a more offensive role and do more damage with little to no buffs. Also, 2HB should be either fast weapons with lower minimum damage or slow weapons with higher minimum damage, but either way, higher damage all-around than the 1HB weapons. With the damage you put on the staves, and T&S as the biggest attacking skill, we would do too much damage for being 1HB weapons imo. Also, there is a little discrepency with the damage on your staves. Staff of Lunacy does 118-257 (126), and Staff of Glaring does 160-345 (80). Judging by the requirement to cast/equip, its obvious that Lunacy is the lower ql weapon, and should have a lower crit mod.
    As for the effects, they look pretty good to me. On the shield, I think having both an add to defense and an add to duck exp may be a little too much still even after it has been reduced once already. I understand your reason for it, and I do like the idea, but it would be too much to expect I think. I really like the pet resist mods, I think it should be added to all the shields. On the staves, I really like the chance to dot that the older ones have, it seems to fit the weapon. One thought that I had when I was looking at your designs is that either the staves should have nano resist or resistance to root/snare/calm, not both. If you meant that the resistance on the staves was supposed to modify the pets, then I think it would be going a little overboard since the shield has resistance to it already.
    I would also put either a level requirement or a title level requirement on these designs when they are in nano form. If these are supposed to be the best of the best creations, then they are worth the wait until the level is reached. Even getting this as a quest reward would definitely be worth it.
    These are all just my opinions, but overall very nice designs.
    Lorahxi ~ Advisor of Arcane Legacy

I am overwhelmed by all serius and good answers to this thread. I am working with an update with all thoughts implemented. I agree that the damage may on the staves is a bit overpowered.

I made a new thread instead of bumping this one.
    Last edited by Upupa; Jun 20th, 2004 at 18:56:04.

Upupa (220/20/60) Valhall Guardians. equip
    Tantal (220/25/68) Atrox Keeper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12