Thread: [Wishlist] Nano Shutdown ~ the Nano resistance

[Wishlist] Nano Shutdown ~ the Nano resistance

Im pretty sure that alot are frustrated with our current stand on NSD. We all know its useless against 215. No chance against that kind of nano resist, and if you happen to be that lucky and land one there is those two perks to remove it... why dont ya just delete NSD?.. i mean come on. atleast lower the NR % on it :|

Let's say:
    130% ?
    120% ?

PLEASE!
    btw.. fix the ****ing healpet

let me see some bumps!

pretty much... I am not gonna say you can't land it because YOU CAN land it just maybe 30% of the time. However, given the casting time and recycle time and perk removal that effectivly means it is useless too. Honestly, we need a bit of retooling in the pvp front...

and all AO needs a retooling in the massive tower war of lag front....

The more you level, the more you raise Nano Resist, the more you raise your nano skills. Meaning the higher the nano skills, the better the chance you have on landing that. So to me, it kind of equals itself out. I can land NSD fairly ok on someone with 2k Nano Resist. So I dont see to much of a problem with it the way it is...It would be nice to have the % lowered alittle though.

I must admit that I dont like the ability to remove the Nano shutdown, but then again, thats only for those few professions that have Nano Doc, and actually train it high enough. Even though, it was implemented for a reason. And I dont think it will go away.

On second note, I successfully beat down someone who had both NSD removal perks. Simply cast your SB, insta cast NSD, and when they remove it, rinse and repeat for a total of 3 NSD's and on the third one they should be shut down for atleast 30 seconds, and thats enough time for anyone to get beat down.
    Currently sniffing the back of your neck.
    Trilic lvl 215 Meta-Physicist Deity
    W
    ..:: Got Mocham? No? Then try The MP Guide. ::..

NSD usefulness was move from PvP to PvM in SL. Lots of mobs are affected by NSD these days. So still very useful, and many times a must.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Bump for this.

Yes, nanoskills increase but to have equal effectiveness on % chance to land then nanoskills have to land 160% over nano resist in the case of NSD.

Nano Doctorate removes NSD, Virus remover pills remove NSD, and Fixer perk Worm IC provides high % immunity to it beyond Nano resist.

Why should MPs and Traders be forced out of their nanoskill debuffing role in PvP? For a game which is in such a large part based around PvP there should be a focus on it. Especially since MPs are doing very well in PvM and by far need less help there than in PvP and tradeskills.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Yup,

There's two things I think. General casting issues in PvP with the nanoskills Vs Nano resist balance and innate resist/debuff removal tools. And then there's MP nanoskill debuffing in PvP as a separate issue.

Nano casting in general became more difficult when Shadowlands came out. HHAB at higher levels and a variety of other Nano Resist buffing items certainly has a major effect on casting. Also we mustn't forget that symbiants include Nano Resist these days too, so a profession can often fully imp Nano Resist without clashes - where they couldn't pre-SL. Symbiants + HHAB = ~720 improvement on Nano Resist values.... throw in a variety of smaller buffs from items/armour on top of that and you get serious buffage.

Nano AR Vs Nano Resist balance was thus skewed in favour of the resisters and the casting classes are definitely having a harder time of it as a result. There are four things in favour of the casters in SL:
    • There were a couple of Nano Resist debuffs put into game. The perk one is high level (201+) and short duration Vs recycle - but still works for -800 NR. The trader ones could probably be used to some effect... but organisation between players to cooperate on targets is tough in mass PvP of course and the number of active traders isn't exactly high.

• In general, the caster Nano AR went up a little bit more in terms of base skill than most Nano Resist values. Because most hostile nanos include at least one green skill, the trickledown during Shadowlevels means that they advanced more than light blue/dark blue nano resist for most professions. Still items, symbiants and perk buffs went a great deal further than any gains in Nano AR. Traders didn't gain anything really on this side of course.
    • Nanoskill perk lines like Nano Doctorate potentially increase attack ratings on nanos while only Notum Repulsor and Channel Rage increase Nano Resist in perks. Notum Repulsor is of course notoriously difficult to use in high levels whereas Nano Doctorate doesn't carry any downsides and so can be freely trained to high levels.
    • Nanoskill Buffing items the Phulakterions and Tubes are available... but the Phulakterions would require not using a weapon in PvP, which for casters really isn't a viable option (other than Docs perhaps).

All in all though, casting suffered a fair bit in PvP with little practical balance going the other way. More general solutions to the overall casting issues need to be found I think - such as reducing the HHAB NR buff in particular.

On the other point of MP Nanoskills debuffs, if we're honest NSD was always a tough one to land pre-SL too and there were the sit-down removal kits back then too. NSD is an incredibly powerful debuff and really should be very tough to land. It's not so much that NSD specifically needs changing... as it is that there need to be more options between MQ+Dominates and NSD. My own vote would go for modifying HHAB's buff and adding two new 6 skill debuffs that stack with MQ/Dominates and each other.
    • -300 All 6 Nanoskills @ ~NR125 duration 1 minute

-500 All 6 Nanoskills @ ~NR140 duration 1 minute

Both should be removable still with the NSD removers

That way you could build up to a -900 6 skills and -1K single skill debuff out of several casts. You'd have a sliding scale of debuff values that you could use in single-casting with varying NR values and because you have more variety and ease of landing, you'd end up with better chances of forcing your target to use up any removal chances more quickly.

So all in all, I think the two issues need to be separately addressed.
    • General Casting Issues need to be looked at for all professions with the HHAB NR buff in particular being suspect.
    • MP Nanoskill debuff usefulness needs to be looked at - and I'd tend toward adding the two new 6-skill debuffs rather than messing with NSD itself: -300 @ ~NR125 and -500 @ ~NR140

Just my two penn'orth.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Jun 4th, 2004 at 09:10:46.
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Personally I like X's idea (I think stacking with dominates is a bit much, I'd rather just see a more powerful composite dominate and mind nukes).

Don't forget X there are a lot of other Nano Resist buffing armors in the game as well that are fairly new. You don't need Hold MP at Bay to get nano resist levels that are very challenging before the massive boosts to skills in Shadowlevels come in.

I also think there is room for a new NSD. Things have gotten much worse in terms of resists for NSD, it is just partially made up by great increases in nano resist which have allowed most all players to overcome the long cast time even in full defense. The recharge time is still prohibitive however to a lot of chain casting.

A new NSD could have a lower Nano resist to maybe 135-145%. Increasing the range would also be nice, decreasing some dependence on nano range modules. Cast time could then be massively increased. Anothing thing I might suggest to tweak the power of it is a change in durations. Seperate durations for PvM and PvP in fact. In PvM a minute duration is just about right for NSD, if you can't remove NSD in PvP that could be eternity. Duration ranges of 30s-75s could easily be toyed with.

There are a lot of things hurting combat nanocasters right now and I think Nano AR Vs. Nano Resist (and the innate resist and NCU cleaners) really needs to be examined in detail.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

I agree that this issue is pretty unbalanced. In pvp, we are screwed because of the advantages that casting classes have over us. I think the new debuff idea X stated above is a good way to go. It's less of a debuff and a shorter casting time. We should be decent debuffers. Number one in debuffing nanoskills and secondary to traders in debuffing damage. I would leave NSD the same, but extend the dominate and MQ lines. I don't think items that buff NR should have their modifiers lowered, just an improvement on our nanoskill debuffing lines.
    Lorahxi ~ Advisor of Arcane Legacy