Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP/GeForce Owner, READ HERE!

Dhurdahl: Your running XP Pro on a PIII 600??? You should seriously think about an upgrade! I was running Win ME on a PIII 550 up till about 4 months ago and then I upgraded the MB and processor to P4 2.4, 512mb PC2700 ram, with XP Home and OMG what a difference how smoothly the game ran!

I was running on a Radeon 64mb 7200 (latest drivers). AO was running awesome then I got into the NW beta... every time I went to play Notum Wars I would last about 1-3 minuts then crash to the point I has to re-boot (this was every, single, time!). Now, mind you I could play regular AO just fine... just NW crashed...Weird?

So I upgraded to a GF4 440 64mb and with the latest drivers I am able to play almost... problemless. SOmetimes I crash when zoneing but it is a known issue and thay are "working on it"

Good Luck
    Ok so why?????How so??? Or maybe what? Stay tuned!

Oh... long time since I had such a low machine... (xp2600,ddr400,gf44600 )

BUT I have had an older motherboard for a long time though that just couldn't take the power load from the gfx card though.

This usually in my experience, is shown as the pc freezes up, or reboots with bluescreen.
    There are lots of workaround to help that... everything from tweaking the AGP force/power settings to reflashing bioses...
    What have been enough for me is just to lower the AGP speed on notch.

Disconnects while zoning and stuff like that... thats another problem.
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Originally posted by Rootnix/Trybe
    Hey,

Im running Win XP professional, i get this blue screen:
    "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
    or something to that effect, whenever i start AO.

My system:

AMD 1.3 gig
    768 MB ram (pc133)
    Asus v7700 GeForce Ultra (64 mb ddr)
    (dont know what sound card..)

Please help if you can =)
    Getting the same problem. Constantly.

System:
    Soyo K7V Dragon Plus! (VIA KT266A)
    AMD Athlon XP1800+
    512Mb DDR2100
    Geforce3 Ti 500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

Unhappy Very confused

I have the random restart problem. I go to the link, and I don't know what to download. I then go to the other link about the info on the random restart, and the file can't be found. Computers confuse me so much. Please, someone, ANYONE, help meh

A random restart? humm I have that issue now playing StarWars Galactic battle grounds! but not AO. I do not know what causes it. make sure you have the latest drivers from your video card manufacturer. Just go to their web site and there is a support or downloads section.

You can vind the name of your video card by going into your device manager and looking under your display adapters driver section.
    Ok so why?????How so??? Or maybe what? Stay tuned!

This is most prevalent among VIA motherboard chipset owners, so here's your fix.... here.
    Ok you give the link, but their are about 1000 diferent files on that site, can u be more specific please thx
    The Darkside clouds everything.... impossible to see, the future is. -yoda

Level 104 MA - Taitue - No longer being played
    Superfast Fixer - Geota

Wen-Tzu Enclave
    U.S.Army

Been a long time since I updated this thread (for various reasons).

Drivers for VIA chipset users are as follows are here. Heaven forbid this link should ever go down, but it may. In that case, goto VIA Arena and look for the latest release of their 4n1 drivers (now called Hyperion drivers...).

Also, some of you are reporting REALLY weird blue screens with some nVidia drivers. Remember, beta drivers can do that. Try getting new drivers from your card's manufacturer first, or go to NVidia's site to download the latest release (they claim they're WHQL certified, however, you will have to force Windows XP to take them anyway).

Finally, always check to make sure your RAM is OK (common problem, but can be hard to diagnose. Easy way is to reduce your swap disk space and running a memory intensive game such as AO... if you crash nearly immediatly, it's a physical memory issue), that the graphics card is situated properly in it's slot (always important, can cause problems that are hard to troubleshoot), and try taking out your soundcard if all else fails (don't know why, but some versions of SBLive and Audigy cards cause issues with GeForce cards).

Oh, before I forget, obviously Zixxaxx (sic?) has posted some great info on the 40.70 run of the nVidia drivers.

C-media sound card(onboard)
    Via Lan card(onboard)
    Geforce 4
    all being assigned to irq 11 and no way to change it :/
    4 irqs free
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

You would be suprised how many machines actually lock up due to heat more than anything...

I've got a problem that after a good 30mins tint my computer just hardlocks with a bit of sound corruption (a bust of static then freeze). It used to happen all the times with 3D games and i thought it was the mobo/gfx....

shedloads of driver updates later it was still crashing. Then i noticed on MBM (motherboard monitor) that my CPU core was over 55c....never healthy. So i went the local computer fair got myself a biiiig HSF (heatsink & fan..a ThermalTake Volcano 7+) and now my crashes vary from 8-12hrs...and my cpu runs at a nice 45c when fully loaded.

fine this maybe a bit OT, but im trying to say that u should never think its just drivers and software incompatibilty problems....it could be overheating...

Mah System:

AMD XP 2000+
    ECS K7S5A (i know there crap...but ive had no problems...no really!)
    Abit Geforce4 Ti4200
    512mb SDRAM
    Maxtor 40gb
    IBM GXP60 40gb (can you say unreliable storage?)
    6 fans, a blue cathode, and a window kit :P
    Matalok 129/7 Fixer
    Applicant of Sentient

Bolsec - MA - 60/0
    Clamburi - Eng - 33/0
    Ukmar - Sol - 32/0
    Komarosu - Trader - 29/2

A bunch of hooey!

I have installed several XP versions, and several nVidia drivers on two different cards (gF2 gts and gF4) never any problems with anything. I have reinstalled my one pc about three times due to completely other issues (dev applications) and never ever had any probs with graphic display. Even with xp's own drivers. It works smoothly

Allthough... if you are running XP home Ed, I cant comment... cuz I never tried that... mainly for the fact that xp home ed clearly sucks all over.
    Gengjin 200 ma clan RK1
    Warpus 77 engi clan RK1
    Hottendot 55 doc clan RK1
    Neurosilence 91 NT clan RK1
    Noonie 46 fixer RK1

XP home and XP pro have no real OS level diffrences, the only difference is that Pro has more features like IIS and other business orientated options.
    Matalok 129/7 Fixer
    Applicant of Sentient

Bolsec - MA - 60/0
    Clamburi - Eng - 33/0
    Ukmar - Sol - 32/0
    Komarosu - Trader - 29/2

WOW so now we gotta be computer/hackers just to play a game????? A game we pay for WTF funcom I had ME installed ran great no problems, one day my 5 yr old sound card finally quit, I bought Audigy MP3+ and hella problems. Every one said get XP to fix. Now I am running XP and still crashing and now i don't even know why...................................... all this fun for $15 a month, can someone please come beat the S%*$ outa me for $10 a month
    Wpnz
    DRAGON
    General

wpnz

geforce4 mx 440

Is there any chance to run this game on a geforce4 mx 440 without random crashes??

It is not possible to use the recommended nvidia drivers below 28.32, because they do not support a geforce4. With all the other I tried, the game crashes all the time.
    I already checked the other hardware, disabled unnecessary components, tried to run ao on win 98se, 2000 and xp but it wasn't any help so far.
    I have no irq conflict so far, have the newest drivers for all the other hardware and so on. Very sure it IS the geforce which causes all the trouble!!

the game worked nearly perfect on the 'old' geforce2 mx but I do not posses it anymore.

please, can anyone tell me if it is somehow possible to run AO on this geforce4 mx 440, or do I have to buy a geforce4 ti instead??

AMD Athlon XP 1700+
    1.47 Ghz
    256 MB RAM
    GeForce4 MX 440
    Epox 8k5a with sound on-board (Avance AC'97 audio)
    Win XP professional

thanx for your help!!!

The only way I am able to play without constant crashes to desktop is to ...*shudder

Play in 640x 480 in windowed mode......EVERY other setting crashes me to desktop or reboots me every few minutes.
    My current desktop resolution is set to 800x600 16 bit as well. I have tried other game, desktop resolutions and other Nvidia drivers but nothing makes any difference.

AMD Athlon 800 mhz
    geforce4 mx 440
    512 MB RAM
    Soundblaster Live
    Win XP Home Edition
    and using the 41.09 Nvidia drivers w/ Directx 9

It's a shame that a G4 card..even though its not a Ti that I have to play AO with way substandard graphics and SUCH a small screen

anyone has experience with the
    GeForce4 TI4200-8X 128MB?

does it work??

Unhappy Having problems too...

Well, it's simple, when I launch AO the license agreement appears (everything normal...) So as always I click on the accept button, and.... Nothing... my desktop is free of everything of the game...AO doesn't launch...

I used every ptachs for winXP...and lasts detonator drivers for my GeForce4...but nothing changed....

Can I do something except playing freesbee with my AOcd???

)))

once again...

I have a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128Mo too...that's the problem???

one last time...

I forgot one other thing...when I try to launch AO from the CD autorun...It's like if the game isn't installed...I can't click on the play button...

That's all...I think....

If someone can help me, it would be really kind...

OS Win XP Sp-1
    cpu Celeron 300a @ 450
    ram 512 sd
    Gfx GeForce 4 MX 460 (Detenator Drivers)

playing at 1024x768x16

textures at 16 bit
    and medium quality

There isnt any problem, running fine, no crashes at all.

Isnt very smoth at the temple but i can play the game well...

Athlon

I too am having these random but constant crashes to desktop.
    They are only getting more and more frequent. I did notice alot of the people here who posted there specs are using Athlon.

My specs:
    Dual Athlon MP 1800+ GF4 Ti 4600 XP Pro 2600 build and cmedia sound since my audigy stopped working and I just took it out. I think it is BS that this game is crashing for people with great specs. None of us built these PCs so games wouldn't work at all. I did notice that my Nvidia driver was higher then the one on there site, so I'm going to rollback and hope it helps. I bought this card so I could play games at the highest res possible. And now, the best answer to my problems I've see is too run the game at 800 600 16 bit. Good thing I'm only on my 30 day trial.
    Funcom should have fixed all these bugs (like waiting 5 minutes for the wompa to work) before sending old users a free trial.

But don't worry, SWG will be out soon, and it is being made by a good dev team (its multi threaded and will use both my procs .
    SWG will blow AO away, and everyone will leave AO once again.

Yes, I love AO, the world and play is awsome. But the frustration of crashing every 20 minutes takes all that fun and flushes it down the tube.

I will be sending Funcome another love letter like so many I have sent before (it's amazing how polite the replies are after accusing them of letting monkeys who smoke crack design there games).
    Funcome just cant handle a game this size, SWG should work great on all our PCs, and at launch have less bugs than AO still has after over a year of fixes.

OTWarrio 108 Sol

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast