Thread: synchronized dancing

synchronized dancing

Hi All,
    Looking for a lil scripting help. Again
    Is it possible to create a script that would allow one player to mirror the movements of another? Let’s say player A is running a dance and emote script. Could player B target player A and then start a script that would cause them to perform the same actions?
    What I was thinking of is having several people doing the same dance at roughly the same time. I would be kind of neat if it could be done.

Thank you for reading my post.

And thank you in advance for any helpful suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasubervixen View Post
    Hi All,
    Looking for a lil scripting help. Again
    Is it possible to create a script that would allow one player to mirror the movements of another? Let’s say player A is running a dance and emote script. Could player B target player A and then start a script that would cause them to perform the same actions?
    What I was thinking of is having several people doing the same dance at roughly the same time. I would be kind of neat if it could be done.

Thank you for reading my post.

And thank you in advance for any helpful suggestion.
    Sorta like a macro-mind reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    Sorta like a macro-mind reader.
    lol

Yes Righteous, I guess you could call it that.

I know there is a way that bureaucrats can make their humaniod pets dance. Although that’s probably totally different from what I’m trying to do.

Another thing I was wondering about is. Is there a way to write a script that checks the time on Funcom’s computer. (the server clock? is that the right term?) And if so, could you have that script start another at a certain time? This way, several people running the same script would start to dance at about the same time.

Get everyone in team or in same chat channel.

1. Make a countdown script. (like 3.. 2.. 1.. GO!)

2. Everyone press their identical dance macros.

Saves ya from twinking in c++ to get it working cross accounts i think

That's an idea.

Thank you Lummen

The Holy Trinity's know the answer to your question, but to cut it short, buy 3 extra computers and an extra pair of hands
    Dosen't make sense, i know, i wrote it ;D
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    The Holy Trinity's know the answer to your question, but to cut it short, buy 3 extra computers and an extra pair of hands
    Dosen't make sense, i know, i wrote it ;D
    Thank you for the suggestion but, that's a lil more then I want to have to do.

As others said, you'd have to start the scripts simultaneously at different accounts, and having somebody say "3 2 1 Go" is the best way of doing it.

If you're dual-logging, add /delay to first script to give you time to alt-tab to a different client.

Also, I got two computers now, and I found that actions of one character appear on the screen of another with a short delay (like 0.5-1s). I.e. one's own animation starts when the command is issued, but others see it only after the server informs them.

So if characters A and B started the script at the same time, it is likely that they will appear synchronized only to a third character C; on their own screens both A and B will see themselves being slightly ahead of the other.

Thank you intelknight. Your post was very informative and helpful.

Hmm...like all online players performing "The Wave," wherever they are...that would definitely be one for YouTube...

Yes Sacrifyx, it would. If it could be made to work.

Having done this years ago using 3 people in the same room on the same routed network... you'll still get some variances, so perfect sync is more a matter of luck.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

You remind me on this one!

(There are a many more SWG videos like this, here's another example. )

Makes you wish AO had a similar system in place. (SWG had a team-dance system which allowed a team to start the same dance at the very same moment, people were able to do individual moves and the dance-leader was able to make the complete team do the same dance move synchronously. Remembering that the very same was in place for musicians, where teams were formed to play the same song synchronized and do both instrumental solos and complete-team melody variations makes me really wonder, if there'll ever be a game to match up to this. Too bad that SOE / Lucasarts decided to ruin it all with a complete rework. )

Since there's no actual musicians in AO, i don't think we'll ever see the second in game, but team synchronized dancing would be awesome if it'd be implemented. (Although i have not the slightest idea how to implement it in AO. )
    We are dyslexia of Borg.
    Futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

Thank you Darkbane.

Nice videos Tethien.

I did see someone doing that with six lowbee traders in OA once just after the froob accounts launched, I'm not sue how they were doing it but all of them were synchronized pretty well, now and then one or two lagged behind but it looked pretty cool.
    Member of Angels of the Night ~Clan/Rimor~
    Join us!

Indeed, provided your scripts don't require perfect sync, you should find it works well enough. And a formation dance troupe does attract attention
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

couple more ideas on synchronize the start of macro.

a. - use TV to
    E.g. start when next commercial stats on ZZZ channel.
    Assuming you all have a TV (I don't) and get same channel

b. Use some team effect nano.
    E.g. start when team wrangle lands, or more precisely when you get system message that it did.
    This might be a bit better than 123go in chat b/c same game server that tracks nanos and emotes. (chat goes thru a separate server)