Thread: Common Issues

Might wanna add the "red sky being caused by autofog being off" onto the list, that ones popped up several times. Always gets a quick answer, but it definitely belong in the thread of fame.

Sky

Originally posted by Skysurf
    Might wanna add the "red sky being caused by autofog being off" onto the list, that ones popped up several times. Always gets a quick answer, but it definitely belong in the thread of fame.

Sky
    I could have sworn that was already there! Thanks Skysurf. If you enjoy it, please post more common issues going forward.

Rubberbanding, anyone?

This one makes me crazy - is there a way to settle it down once it starts?

Ahhh rubberbanding. Yes, it makes me mad too. Since 2 days, after some times logged on, this is impossible to play. Of course, I tried everything like sitting down, sneaking... etc etc, but noway, this damn thing is going on.

And this makes the game completely unplayable. Your team is running ahaed, and you, like a poor guy, lost between 2 hecklers, you try to escape...... walking.

And I don't really think that in this case for example sitting down would save me.

I got a reasonable bandwidth, not a 56K. No downloads, nothing, just AO... so I can't understand this rubberbanding.. please fix it before .... oh well, before I really become mad and angry...

Didjezik, soldier

From what I understand, rubberbanding happens when your client loses sync with the FC servers. The servers know you're supposed to be one place, and your client thinks you're at another, so you get shunted back and forth.

One way to help this is to jump up in place, vertically, to resync yourself. Sometimes that works. Other times, you may just need to log out entirely and clear out your memory (sit and use /camp and totally relog.. NOT /quit) and that should get you going again.

Lots of zoning will sometimes cause this to be worse, so take a moment to be sure that you're synced when you zone. Have your avatar jump (space bar) a couple of times and, if you have problems with falling off the rock bridges in SL because of it, always take a moment to resync yourself before going over one.

Hugs! Hope this helps you.
    Whendi The Teddybear....

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
    -- Robert A. Heinlein

Can we please add the backspace bug to this list of common issues, at least so we know its being addressed? Enough people have it, and more are crashing and don't know why. There should be an official response.
    ++***Forsaken Guild***++

Angelo "Johnnybegood" Aribaderci: 220 Adventurer - Melee Extraordinaire
    Nicholas "Trantice" Copernicus: 205 Adventurer - Ranged Mayhem
    Nicholas "Trantice02" Copernicus: 200 Keeper - Love Child
    Final "Cecilix" Fantasy: 165 Enforcer - *Yawn*

++***Forsaken Guild***++

The Backspace issue was resolved in February and as far as I know does not currently affect any players.
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

any crash loop guide?
    any idea from what makes us unable to log a char without crashing all the time?
    any dll occurres in 90% crash loop ? (randy31.dll for example)
    Trader 220/24 - NT 220/22 - Doc 145/8
    Hardi petite, tu les auras tous ...

Unhappy

Hello, im not really familiure with the boards, but could somone please help me with my problem?

Im having a massive Video lag problem when i play AO...Ive tried everything like changing my drivers and re-installing AO, nothing seems to be working.
    I have litterally ALL my graphics turned all the way down, nano-casting, char view distance.
    nothing seems to be working for me, could somone please give me some help?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Slimmjim; Jun 19th, 2005 at 02:53:18.

recently after i upgraded my graphics card, at the same time as the 16.0 patch, my game started crashing about a few mins after i logged in. i worked out how to fix it though...

I think ao doesnt like the graphics driver program thingies that add another button near the _ and the [] and the X buttons seeing as after i took that away it fixed it anyway... that could help some people play AO

lag

Idea...how about limiting free accounts to 4 hours of play time out of every 24

how about thats a stupid and evil idea :P i really think they should auto log people off if they havent been changing what theyre doing for say, 30 mins. that would reduce lag in major cities quite alot

Edit: by not changing what theyre doing i mean if theyre just running around in circles the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by zoombinimatt
    Edit: by not changing what theyre doing i mean if theyre just running around in circles the whole time.
    How about mules and charts?
    - Faith is in the eye of the beholder -
    Hangfaced, JVC, RK2
    Bargi on other Funcom forums

"'Please insert disk 1 that contains the file data2.cab' message when you start the installation. Just browse to the folder where the downloaded files are located and select it. For example, if the files you downloaded are in a folder called 'AOInstall15.7.3_EP0_live_nointro,' browse to that folder and select it when asked for data2.cab."

This helped me with my upgrade from froob, but wanted to add that if you have both the small DL and the large DL ... pick the data2 file in the large DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimihou;2614220[SIZE=4

Clicking this links gives:

Egeria, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

´
    Mantrin /\ Amno /\ Groess /\Egeria /\ Fisler /\ Iyix /\Ilijana /\

Krugerrand /\Omninecrosis /\ Masif /\ Indrik /\

Quote Originally Posted by Egeria View Post
    Clicking this links gives:

Egeria, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

lol me too
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Lightbulb payment and etc with credit card

hi u can also added the isuse to that u need to wait and verify your info with the tech support on funcom support