Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617

Thread: Announcing a program to inventory your backpacks into a text file

well it seems that with Winxp SP2 I cant install AOIS as I always did before

*** ERROR: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll
    *** ERROR: The destination file in in-use. Please ensure that all other applications are closed.
    *** ERROR: (User Responded with 'Ignore')
    *** DURING THIS ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll"

Actually the version of my dll is 700 2600 2180

All other applications were closed during the installation

any idea that could help please ?

Thank you in advance

Edit : well as I was curious and furious to not beeing able to have my bank inventory I though tried to use the program even with the error installation : in fact it works perfectly, so I guess the message error is not important ?
    Last edited by Eilen; May 24th, 2006 at 04:32:55.
    Amanza Advie lv 201 / AI 10
    Jezzabel Shade lv 211 / AI 10
    Eilenda Bureaucrat lv 212 / AI 10
    La Meute

curagiu un ti pianta
    vai, vai vai,
    dumane hà da cambia

Does the setup try to install the VB runtimes? That could create that message if some other program has opened the DLL.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

yes in fact the setup want to install the .dll
    Amanza Advie lv 201 / AI 10
    Jezzabel Shade lv 211 / AI 10
    Eilenda Bureaucrat lv 212 / AI 10
    La Meute

curagiu un ti pianta
    vai, vai vai,
    dumane hà da cambia

Arrow Issue with VB files

Just an FYI, some of the DLL files that AOIS forces you to 'update' upon setup can really play havoc with your system if you have newer versions of the files accociated with VB such as Oleaut32.dll. Just for fun I went and let it install the 'newer' versions of these files, and sure enough when I rebooted to continue setup I couldn't load any programs and couldn't even access the internet. Luckily I have other PCs in my home network and could remedy the problem easily by replacing the changed dll files. TBH I can't remember what program I installed that installed the latest VB files. Anyhow, the problem can be avaoided by just bypassing the setup all together and just extracting the core program files manually from the CAB file.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastuur
    Just an FYI, some of the DLL files that AOIS forces you to 'update' upon setup can really play havoc with your system if you have newer versions of the files accociated with VB such as Oleaut32.dll. Just for fun I went and let it install the 'newer' versions of these files, and sure enough when I rebooted to continue setup I couldn't load any programs and couldn't even access the internet. Luckily I have other PCs in my home network and could remedy the problem easily by replacing the changed dll files. TBH I can't remember what program I installed that installed the latest VB files. Anyhow, the problem can be avaoided by just bypassing the setup all together and just extracting the core program files manually from the CAB file.
    I hadn't heard any problems about that, but I can see how that'd be a problem.

You don't even need to extract the core program files from the CAB file; there's a "non-installation" version as well with just the files. In fact, the non-installation version used to be the only version, but some people were running into errors because of missing files - so I made the "installation" version as well.

Hmmm.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant
    I hadn't heard any problems about that, but I can see how that'd be a problem.
    Probably because people can't fix the problem, don't realize what caused it and think their PC is FUBAR so never say anything about it (or can't).

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant
    You don't even need to extract the core program files from the CAB file; there's a "non-installation" version as well with just the files. In fact, the non-installation version used to be the only version, but some people were running into errors because of missing files - so I made the "installation" version as well.
    As I said, I can't remember what I did that updated those files, but I took a quick look at them and they're all date-stamped 2006. I think it was something I DLed from MS to fix a problem I was having with some of my other programs. Honestly, I don't know what you could do. If any one of the files are incorrect/incompatible with any of the others it could cause problems. Other than just not includinging it in the setup and instructing people to learn how to download/install the correct files themselves, I can't say what to do.

I'm back! :p

Ok, figured out my previous problem was that AOIS wasn't fully loaded in my system before i started opening backpacks (not lag ), I now watch for the creation of the two files ( working.tmp and aois_temp1.inv) before opening BP's and all is well....

Until now!

1) The inventory seems to be pulling BP names from another toon (as mentioned by someone else previously in the thread), no biggy, just thought I'd mention that it happens to me also!

2) AO Client is crashing after using AOIS. I normally go in to a shop to open BP's, after making the report I close AOIS parser and check the info it made, no probs there. I go back to the game and run out the shop... Link-dead

After relogging everything is fine. If I use AOIS again, it LD's me again on zoning :|

Is it maybe the codehook isn't terminating properly from the data stream or something? IDK...

If you need more info on this or any logs etc let me know
    Lamargo NM Pistol/Nader - 220/19 - Bio
    General of Insanity-Inc {Omni/Rimor} -> Recruitment Thread - Website

Any progress on the Character Profiler by the way Covenant?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Uhm what Darkbane said... actually, I'd prefer for FC to put something like that in the client, even if it just wrote out your stats at exit.

Oh, well, time for the mail to feedback I wanted to write for some time

I'm not sure if FC changed something within AO or not, but both myself and an orgmate have tried to run AOIS recently and got the no items recognized error. Has anyone else had this problem just recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Kattaklysm
    I'm not sure if FC changed something within AO or not, but both myself and an orgmate have tried to run AOIS recently and got the no items recognized error. Has anyone else had this problem just recently?
    Just checked it and it worked fine for me... (2.2.8 seems to be the current build...)
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Great program, worked first time I used it once I got over a couple of dll's it kept saying were in use.

My only next question is, do you know of a decent reference creation window tool that I can dump the web links into for selling on the shopping channel in game?
    Boicey - 220 Trader
    Razorwolf - 220 soldier - General and Recruitment Officer for Storm

Storm homepage http://storm.realillsoftware.com/index.php

My smacktalk pvp hero http://www.angelfire.com/comics/aost...FrontPage.html

Quote Originally Posted by Boicey
    Great program, worked first time I used it once I got over a couple of dll's it kept saying were in use.

My only next question is, do you know of a decent reference creation window tool that I can dump the web links into for selling on the shopping channel in game?
    No, sorry, I don't know of such a tool.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

zOMG! This program is a miracle! Easy to use, but the results are astounding!

<hug>
    Rune - Adventurer - 50 (Retired, Exactly 1337 HP)
    Motavia - Trader - 45
    Ximos - Fixer - 24
    Megid - Enforcer - 14
    Effess - Doctor - 35
    Nikolai - Soldier - 55
    Rykros - Keeper - 8
    Ialokin - MA - 130
    (I don't really level anymore. )
    In order of oldest to newest. All characters Atlantean.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617