Thread: TL 7 PvP/PvM - Weapon Choices

TL 7 PvP/PvM - Weapon Choices

Decided to bring my MP out of PvP gimps-ville and get some him good damage against other players, but was stuck wondering if I should use Rifle/Bow combined with Fling and AS, or go for MA with the usual specials there, I can't decide, and I see quite a few high level MPs using MA or AS weapons.

Which one would be better for a balance of PvM and PvP damage? I'm guessing in PvM, AS would be hard to land with concealment being low.
    But in PvP, Melee AC isn't hard to come by, so I would lose damage by using MA.

If anybody could display a list of pro/cons for using an AS weapon or MA to help me decide, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Fool me once, shame on you
    Fool me twice, shame on you, again!

Pvp is really tough for MP's, especially at TL7, if you can make use of NSD, you've got the upper hand, but gl with that, most classes have the NR to resist it or the perk removal. Most i've killed is a Crat and NT in the past, only because they didnt have nano doctorate.

As for weapons, meh, we have no real weapon skills so I say go with anything that works for other profs, rifle with AS is supposed to work well, but then you have to max concealment, (bow or rifle), and a decent rifle to use isnt easy to find.

max concealment , why? thats a waste of ip. you will never get enought to use in pvm.

You don't need it to AS either.
    Malusz, Fist of Chronos.
    Raised by the Guild of Meta-Physics.

anyone got 2k mm? wondering if dmg debuffs r usefull, i tried pen catacombes and found out that riwen can tank prity good thise mobs couse all do min dmg on him, and when i debuff them they do around 700 dmg per hit, and i dont use best dmg debuff. they last short and long casting time but im pvm it should work if u like to hide and leave pet to do the kiling...
    On pvp well, as/ sharp obj , and since we nerfed on all wepon skils, use what u think is best as long as u can rise it 4 pts per lvl....
    not that im pvp oriented.
    Nostress (MP 220/23/69 Pathing Seems fine... NOT)
    Wexter (Soldja 220/30/70 Out of Ammo ftw)
    Haillady (Trad 220/16/61 TS for The masses )
    Wakeupcall (Shade 220/20/60 Ugly fella )

FrOzen from 2010-03-15 Shuld i come back?

You'll end up pulling aggro off the pet with the best Dmg debuffs - and they are
    annoyingly long to cast. : )

But, they - could - be very useful if their 'cast' timing was adjusted and debuffing amounts.
    MEGGY
    RK1 Metalain ~ 220 (21) MP
    RK1 Magz ~ 220 (15) DOC

When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
    Rk4 Solja in Sunglasses?

As a high level PvPer you have to use an AS weapon. Either use a bow, an energy carbine type 3, or if you're kinky go MA/dimach/AS and use a supernova.
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

Zastaba or unionist arbalest are the best choices for mp tl7 pvp. But then again, you shouldn't even consider trying to pvp as there is NO prof doesn't just simply OWN mp. You will just be disappointed.

Keeper
    Enforcer
    Soldier
    Agent
    Shade
    Adventurer
    Martial artist

Those are the professions that will alpha kill you.

Engi
    Will blind your pets and his pets will chew you up and he will as you to death. I think this could be close to alpha kill.

Doc
    Will ubt you first, then the healpet, dot you and as you. You will go down in a few secs.

NT
    Calms your pets. Sometimes without flagging themselves. Then roots you and nukes you to death in about 10 secs.

Crat
    Steals your pet, calms your healpet, stuns you and kills you in about 10 secs.

Fixer
    Might be alpha kill too if the fix has a good setup. If not it will be close and he will just snare you and your army of already pathetic pets and simple pew pew until you die inside 10 secs.

Trader
    Is probably the weakest after mp. But they will still calm your pets and then proceed to own you. Might take 20 secs for a trader to kill you depending on as.

So that leaves for you to be able to own: Other mp's!

Only thing is there arent' any tl7 pvp mp's. And for a good reason.

Anyhow.. it is ofcourse up to you if you think it's worth billions of credits and months of twinking for those 10 seconds you will last, at best.

ps. If you can land nsd on someone things change quite a bit. But then again nsd was designed not to land in pvp tl6 and up. Oh.. and it's way too slow too.

and Folks wonder Why my contributions to Tower wars and PvP in general have been limited to standing at the grid with a fixer and just playing Buff Monkey :/
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Quote Originally Posted by samsunggg View Post
    Zastaba or unionist arbalest are the best choices for mp tl7 pvp. But then again, you shouldn't even consider trying to pvp as there is NO prof doesn't just simply OWN mp. You will just be disappointed.

Keeper - Root/Avoid and you shouldn't have to much trouble killing him.
    Enforcer - Perk Root/Avoid and you shouldn't have to much trouble killing him.
    Soldier - Second in line of God's Mode crown. However NSD stops AMS ; ) Dominations anyone?
    Agent - Prick's. . . Root and Run.
    Shade - Root and stay out of range.
    Adventurer - Just avoid them... Or bait them. : )
    Martial artist - NSD? Root? Let the pets rip them apart? AS/Perk's to kill them off?

Those are the professions that will alpha kill you.

Engi
    Will blind your pets and his pets will chew you up and he will as you to death. I think this could be close to alpha kill.

Soon to be the newest God Mode PVP profession. With luck you can kill one. : )

Doc
    Will ubt you first, then the healpet, dot you and as you. You will go down in a few secs.

NSD stops it all... They only have 5-6 perk's to heal with ; ) 4 of which have 10min
    recharges.

NT
    Calms your pets. Sometimes without flagging themselves. Then roots you and nukes you to death in about 10 secs.

NSD stops it all... Good luck.

Crat
    Steals your pet, calms your healpet, stuns you and kills you in about 10 secs.

NSD stops it all - roots claim a title.

Fixer
    Might be alpha kill too if the fix has a good setup. If not it will be close and he will just snare you and your army of already pathetic pets and simple pew pew until you die inside 10 secs.

Fook Fixers, they'll evac anyawys.

Trader
    Is probably the weakest after mp. But they will still calm your pets and then proceed to own you. Might take 20 secs for a trader to kill you depending on as.

Nsd, Dominations, Curse, anything to keep them 'quiet' well you throw out a alpha.

I win. Basic pvp advice. You're an MP - no one should expect you to fight fairly
    or alone. You're perfect bait to grab attention. if you're good enough you can
    still do enough dmg to others to get titles. 1v1 duels where 'running' off isn't
    allowed - will pretty much get you killed more often then not. NSD is gimp - but
    if it lands it destorys.

Good luck, Have fun. ;D
    MEGGY
    RK1 Metalain ~ 220 (21) MP
    RK1 Magz ~ 220 (15) DOC

When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
    Rk4 Solja in Sunglasses?

There is currently a technique that MP's can use if you arent looking for "fair" PvP

Get in a team with Two other MP's each of you take turns casting Curse of Chronos on your target. while the three pets beat the Holy crud out of your target.

as far as I am aware of this has not yet been declared forbidden by Funcom. BUT it is considered Foul play by most PvP'ers

After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasdreamer View Post
    There is currently a technique that MP's can use if you arent looking for "fair" PvP

Get in a team with Two other MP's each of you take turns casting Curse of Chronos on your target. while the three pets beat the Holy crud out of your target.

as far as I am aware of this has not yet been declared forbidden by Funcom. BUT it is considered Foul play by most PvP'ers

Well. If you are 3 vs 1 maybe your mp team can win against some ppl. Too bad there aren't 3 tl7 pvpmp's in game now, or ever.

poor poor MPs

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

I pvp, just dont have much time to do it anymore. And what my billions of credits and months of twinking have left me with is rising the level of the people able to gank me closer to, but not up to 220. Thats leaving out troxes and oponent being more than one ofcourse.
    Neverest 220 NM MP PVP setup

heh. did this thread just get nerfed? or am still not quite awake?

Quote Originally Posted by samsunggg View Post
    heh. did this thread just get nerfed? or am still not quite awake?
    No, but there are things you are not allowed to talk about on the forums, or anywhere else for the matter.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Also worth noting is that you can don't have to stand and fight your target. Max concealment and find a nice tall building. Even if Kermit can't kill your target you can annoy the hell out of them.
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

Quote Originally Posted by randomletter View Post
    Also worth noting is that you can don't have to stand and fight your target. Max concealment and find a nice tall building. Even if Kermit can't kill your target you can annoy the hell out of them.
    rerolling is, sadly more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaing View Post
    No, but there are things you are not allowed to talk about on the forums, or anywhere else for the matter.
    I can name one, but asheal would remove my post again ... which I still haven't gotten feedback from by the exploit team. :P
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love