Thread: When Will Ross Stop the Madness?

When Will Ross Stop the Madness?

When Will Ross Stop the Madness?
    Reporter Zisi Fuchs

Rome Red -- (OTPC) -- On the evening of May 22nd, twenty minutes of terror ruled the streets of Rome Red when another in a series of Dust Brigade attacks struck the Omni-Med offices.

The Dust Brigade Troopers entered through Rome Green, quickly marching to the Omni-Med offices, opening fire on all those who wandered into their path. "It was like the gas level dropped to nothing as they attacked," a dumb-stricken bystander gasped. "These guys rolled in like God's own thunder. It was terrible." another added.

Omni-Pol troops arrived soon after the attack was reported, however many casualties occurred before the Dust Brigade was stopped. With Omni-Tek's current inability to prevent these attacks, one has to wonder when it will be enough to cause the OT administration, namely Philip Ross, to retaliate. That sentiment was evident on the street after the attack. One employee noted, "The Dust Brigade seems to be free to operate as they see fit. There is no reason for them not to attack us or our installations at will."

Omni-Tek Administration officials disagree. "These terrorists will be dealt with quickly. The swift response from Omni-Tek officers should be an announcement to these 'thugs', Omni-Pol intelligence is on to their tactics. There shall be no safe haven for them." said Omni-Pol spokesman Warren Zevonovich in a press conference held at Omni-Pol headquarters following the attack. Mikhail Bagdoni, another Ross spokesman added "We know and are aware of the growing problem. Mr. Ross has taken steps to deal with these brigands."

Other than the interesting word choice of 'thugs' and 'brigands', the question must still be asked, what is Mr. Ross truly doing to stop the attacks from happening? There seems to be no step up in patrols, and the Omni-Tek Armed Forces continue to operate under a low alert level. Clearly, if something is going to stop these raids, it will not be from within the forces currently stationed on Rubi-Ka.

Disgusting, this scum makes me sick, only cowards go after the unarmed, and the innocent. Lets hope Ross is true to his word and quickly, and brutally, deals with this filth.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

I am just a simple clansman but I am willing to show you a stronghold of the Dust Brigade if your own intelligence is unable to find it. It's location is well-known and clans have raided it repeatedly. Yet Dust Brigade seems to call on apparently infinite resources and manages to reinforce and repair the compound every time.

Dust Brigade is everyone's concern! Any operation against these terrorists will have my support, no matter who is leading it.

-D
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Anyone fighting these rats have my full support and need only contact me for assistance. These creeps needs to be put down.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

The Brigade has deep holes to hide in, and their base in Perpetual Wasteland is a tough nut to crack, and is back up to operative capacity within days after being more or less leveled.

It´s like they have unlimited resources and manpower, and their tech is always state of the art. Their Drop Ships are stealth capable enough to get in over Omni cities without being detected and engaged. Their average operative is so heavily armored that they can take minutes of concentrated fire even from the heaviest portable weapons, and still they are able to move like they were wearing sport suits. Sure, their weapon does not make the most impressive damage, but it is concistant, and they never seem to have to reload.

Still think these are just "Terrorists sponsored by the Clans"?

No, the Brigade are somthing different, and should be nuked by all sides so we get rid of them once and for all.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Hmm... These continued attacks concerns me... If Omni-Pol (forgive me for preaching pro-OT) and OTAF can not stop these animals, then who can? What will Boss Ross do? Order more troops to be deployed? Call in for off-world support from omni-prime?

I fear that it may end with the worst of all solutions... and we know what that means...
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Originally posted by Arila
    Order more troops to be deployed? Call in for off-world support from omni-prime?
    Speaking of off-world support, I just had a sickening thought.

Wasn't the ship that recently crashed in Mort coming from a direction that roughly corresponds to this Dust Brigade stronghold? It should be easy enough to investigate that...

Indeed... that craft could be connected to all these sudden attacks. I wonder when the next will come?

One posibility is that the craft might actually have been reinforcements that omni-tek did not want to reveal was coming...
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

I doubt it was Omni-Tek reinforcements. It wouldn't make much sense for the corporation to send even more forces to 'rescue' the crashed reinforcements if that is true.

Oh, and I still believe that whoever authorized the deployment of those Omni troops to secure the crash site and later attack the Clanners leading to their slaughter should be fired. It was a most wasteful use of corporate resources that acomplished nothing.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I have to wonder if the Dust Brigade stronghold we all know and love is actually a decoy of some sort, a red herring to keep us railing against it while their main operation remains unmolested. Has anyone ever actually seen one of these DB raiding forces leave the facility? If so, I haven't heard about it.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Originally posted by Keldros
    Wasn't the ship that recently crashed in Mort coming from a direction that roughly corresponds to this Dust Brigade stronghold? It should be easy enough to investigate that...
    The wreckage trail point to the west, suggesting that it was traveling to the east when it crashed. That would put it going in the direction of the Perpetual Wastes and the known Dust Brigade stronghold.

Alternately, one could say it was coming from Camelot. Not that I’m implying anything, mind you.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

The Dust Brigade is suspected of having their main base - or bases - outside the terraformed areas, in the Outzone, which is currently off limits to most of us. Which makes investigation difficult, to say the least.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Hopefullt we will, one day, learn the secrets of those territories.

Furthermore I am confident Mr.Ross have already taken steps that,in time, will crush the terrorist Dust Brigade.

Meanwhile, everyone must be alert and stand together when they do arrive. We must try our best not to bother with those among us that, in the confusion of battle, starts firing on clanners,neutrals and Omni personell. Instead strenghten our battle cries so that everyone in the vicinity understands who the real enemy is.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

There was a drive to check out the old abandoned mines on the moons and asteroids that were used when constructing the first settlements and the Morning Star station after a forensics report suggested a high concentration of minerals not native to Rubi-Ka on the boots of a downed Duster. Dunno what came of it though, it was discontinued and the results are locked up in Omni HQ somewhere.
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...

Unhappy

Originally posted by Marisha

The wreckage trail point to the west, suggesting that it was traveling to the east when it crashed. That would put it going in the direction of the Perpetual Wastes and the known Dust Brigade stronghold.
    A ship travelling to a known location occupied by the Dust Brigade with a cargo containing some unknown defense or weapons system as described in the OT press release doesn't sound too good for any of us...

Let´s not forget that there are other things to the east of that spot too. Cyborgs for one.
    Thou Shalt Kill."

Originally posted by Xhairs
    Let´s not forget that there are other things to the east of that spot too. Cyborgs for one.
    Very true... Its good to see someone thinking up something thats 'outside the box' instead of the same drivel about dust brigade this, clan that, omni somesuch. But still the problem with the dusters does persist... hell even I think we should get together and do something about this, just give me a time, and a place.

Thumbs down Dust Brigade must go...

The Dust Brigade has been a thorn in the side of clanners as well, instigating attacks on most recently Old Athen. We as citizens of Rubi Ka need band together to eliminate this vile threat.
    Royal Tigerprince Thewhite Level 218 - 20 Backer Guru of Haven on Rimor
    Layout

I reject your reality and substitute my own.