Thread: Advice for IP Re-allocation

Advice for IP Re-allocation

Hi all

This has probably been posted before but with the IP reset imminent I thought I'd like to offer my thoughts on how to go about allocating your precious IP once reset. To make it simple and allow other players to easily add their advice, I'll keep it in point form.

1. If you have more than one character I'd recommend trying it out first on a character that you do not play often. This will give you an idea on what to expect so you'll be better prepared for your 'main'.

2. Before you reset, note down what all your Stats are first. Since these directly relate to your skills you do not what to allocate points to skill only to find out that you have not put enough points into a stat. My feeling is that not many of us will really change how our stats are so I think this could be a good idea.

3. Following on from (2), I would try to allocate points to your Stats first. The reason for this is that you can save on IP points for skills that are basically static. A good example is Vehicle skill. You do not really need the skill higher than the requirement so put point into the stat(s) that govern the vehicle skill and then allocate points to the skill itself. This should ensure that a minimum amount of wastage.

4. Make sure you check out all the items/formulas that you currently use and raise these skills up first. I would start of with combat skills first, buffs second and then trade skills last.

5. If possible, only allocate points to skills that you immediately need and then start playing. As you come across skills that you discover you need you'll be in a better position to allocate from you pool rather than simply hoping that you remember all the right skills all at once.

Well, that's about it for starters. I hope this has helped ...
    So Shines A Good Deed
    In A Weary World

Shouldn't you write down your stats after removing implants and anything else that affects them. Otherwise how are you going to know you got them back up to where they were?

Yes, your right Diatribe but since you have to take all your implants out for the reset I didn't think to mention it.

It is a good point to make sure you are unbuffed so I guess we can make that #6?

First thing i did this morning was screenshot all my stats,after totally clearing my ncu,s,a good reference to work on out of the game.The rest is going to be a total maze,working back the requirements for my implants,with buffs,omni med suit etc,and my base skills.I am lucky as i,m title capped for most skills i really need so it limits the work i will have to do,but i,ll be glad to claw back some of the wasted ip,s for stuff thats no longer in game(dual weild sparkling freedom arms),swimming and water craft,and illusions of being a great weapon maker!I imagine some will do a total makeover,a massive job!I wish you well.Somewhere at the end of this i hope to keep a few ip,s back just in case!

I highly suggest resetting ALL of your IP, and doing so immediately; the option is only available 'til the next patch... Instead of doing the screenshot thingie of my stats, I did mine the hard way. I looked at all the implants/equipment I had for their stats. As an engineer I didn't need to max out my Agility or Strength, so I set them for the amount of IP I needed to wear my armor. Despite all the IP I got I found I couldn't max out everything, so I maxed out what I thought were the most important skills and distributed the rest among the rest of the skills I knew I'd need.
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore