Thread: So with IPR almost upon us - what skills are bugged / not implemented?

Question So with IPR almost upon us - what skills are bugged / not implemented?

I don't want to plow my hard earned IP into a skill that doesn't do anything or is slated for a (distant) future patch

If there is not a definitive list somewhere of skills that aren't - can people please enlighten me here?

Cheers

Beefy
    --------------------------
    BeefyMan Enf
    Richomuffin Eng
    HyperTension Doc
    President of the Praetorian Regulars
    All RK1

Swimming: well, swimming is, well...er... none of my chars have swimming. Probably never will. I am rarely in such haste when crossing the fewm tiny rivers I cross. Besides, that's what yalms are for, right?

adventuring: good for wearing backpacks. Lowers falldamage. Falldamage isn't a big problem, uness you have a toon with less than 960 hp and a yalm. Felling out of a yalm (from max height) costs about 960 points of pain. Not gonna invest MORE IP into this skill. Some of the backpacks has nice bonuses, but not enough to weigh up for the skillreqs, IMHO.

vehicle ground: kodiaks and mids. And gunship, if you're ,ucky enough to find one. kodiaks are ok, but mids are simply not worth it. I had one, and regretted it even before I got my first yalm. Kodiaks, well... I hear they're ok... for a while...

Vehicle water: Got two hydrovehicle's. Don't think I can afford the IP ever. When I reach 190 or so, and jave some IP to spare, I'll spend some. But not as long as I'm lagging in important skills!
    And I know pre-100 is rough on IP. My main is in the middle of it now.

tradeskill? haven't been much "into" those, so I don't know. Anyone else wants to enlighten us?

The benefits of the "Nano Resist" skill are dubious at best, even more so if you never PvP.

Even though it is not included in the reset, with the many new Skins available that offer a very accurate world map, putting points in Map Nav to raise it past 130 skill(where you get all usefull upgrades) until you have loads of extra IP points is also questionable. I suggest using a full temporary set of as high of map nav implants as you can use, to raise that skill to 130. Then load the upgrades and then replace the implants with your regular ones.
    Flann - Doctor
    Kwoung - Martial Artist
    Acidwash - Fixer (semi-retired)
    Rubi-Ka 2
    The Descendants

-Grenades
    -First Aid, IMO (waits for the flames)
    -Psych for anyone but tanks (the deaggro devices may change this)

I wouldn't go resetting nano resist yet..there's talk of making it MUCH more effective..

As for vehicle ground...one of my guildmates finally squeezed into her gunship last night...my friggin GOD that was cool...I wish I had the IP for one..and more importantly, had one...mmmmm...you fire like mad and don't use ammo, apparently...throws yours runspeed into negatives, but hey, if they get in firing range they're dead, and you can cast nanos straight through it...mmm..OK I'll stop raving now.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Originally posted by Kasimir
    I wouldn't go resetting nano resist yet..there's talk of making it MUCH more effective..
    Except for the few IPR points you get for going forward, the IPR is a all or nothing deal. I think his question was about what should he avoid putting points back into right now because the skill does not work as of yet.

If I can afford to though, I will definately be saving some points for Nano resist if in fact they actually make it useful.
    Flann - Doctor
    Kwoung - Martial Artist
    Rubi-Ka 2
    The Descendants

Originally posted by Flann

Except for the few IPR points you get for going forward, the IPR is a all or nothing deal. I think his question was about what should he avoid putting points back into right now because the skill does not work as of yet.
    Yup - right on the button. I'm not too concerned about "down the track" as I'll have a few IPR points left anyway - but with the Big Reset I want to make sure I don't muff it entirely - This is my big chance to pull my chars out of retirement due to badly spent IP and to avoid the same mistakes!

Thanks all for your replies so far - keep 'em coming if there are any more skills that are... urm... slightly less than useful.
    SirPeter - Proud President of the ANZACs

Originally posted by Spanky Spangler
    Thanks all for your replies so far - keep 'em coming if there are any more skills that are... urm... slightly less than useful.
    Well since you have a Doc and Engi I didn't want to point out the obvious that you already most likely knew, but since you insist...

Pistol skill is a complete and utter waste of IP except maybe for your Doc to carry a Pepper Pistol while grouped.

This will be especially true for your Engi that may be stuck using a much lower QL bot after the patch. Your damage output will now matter considerably, instead of just being supplimental as it was in the past.
    Flann - Doctor
    Kwoung - Martial Artist
    Rubi-Ka 2
    The Descendants

Hey, swimming saved my life once! I was pursued by some clanners north of 4Holes, jumped in the river and used my remaining IP to raise swimming by 25 or so, which was enough to escape from them as they hadn't raised it at all .

Generally, though, swimming, all vehicles except air and most tradeskills are pretty useless at the moment.

Piercing, melee energy, and multi ranged are pretty useless skills. They all seem ok at first, but later in the game they turn out to be a complete waste of your ips.

I am going to get my IP back from Trap disarm (pointless as traps arent even a nuisance and when the roller rat pops out it, then the trap is benificial), First aid (cant afford to max it, and unless it is maxed it really isnt worth it imo)

I'm going to get my multi ranged IP back aswell, some fixers go that route... I'm not gonna

Tutoring must go.

Yes, I have points there.

Riposte. Can't forget that unholy waste of IP's. Does nothing.

Trap Disarm. Does anyone actually use this and does it even work?

Well, I am not sure if any of these skills may apply to you, but here are my intentions.
    -=On All Chars.
    -Droped or lowered skills
    Drop Nano Resist (I don't PvP yet, and I do not believe it works.)
    Drop Nano Init for non healing players. (Not worth the 10th of a second advantage)
    Drop Some Comp Lit, Instead of maxing it every level (Very expencive after lvl 50 or so, Only adding points when i get New NCUs)
    Drop Veh. Ground (Most Chars have yalms now)
    Stop spending points in map nav beyond upgrades (Until I have IP coming out my ears)
    Drop Duck-Exp (Onlu seems to be useful in PvP)
    Stop maxing ranged Init unless I have extra IP
    Stop Maxing nano pool beyond 2x my most expencive nano
    -Max or add
    Max treatment EVERY LEVEL (I JUST started to get into implants.. OMFG, They rule )
    Only pump first aid up when I have IP to burn and I can get to the next highest kit.
    Max all STATS (ie Str/Sta,ect) that contribute to Weapon Skills if possible
    MAX Stam and Body Dev
    Max Evade and Dodge

Other things that I am gonna start now that I should have done LONG ago:
    Never EVER skip the skills I choose to max just to use a nano (Grid Armor really fvcked me for about 6 levels...)

That is about it, It all seems like common sense to me, but for some reason, I just didn't 'get it' the first time around :P
    -EvilBoi
    -=RK-1=-
    Shrieke - Opifex - Fixer - lv 145+ - Vetran of The Black Hand
    "AO is the black hole of MMORPGs.
    No one ever really leaves." - Kenlon

lessee what is this fixer changing?

-toss out nano init
    -toss out pistols (I wasn't thinking!)
    -toss out FA
    -toss out the other FA
    -toss out ground vehicle
    -toss out swimming
    -toss out adventuring
    -debating MC...I'm still 200 points shy of being able to use grid armor MKI, and the way I see it by the time I can use it I'll be wanting to have MKII..it's pathetic.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

- Vehicle Ground. Don't have a Yalm, and it adds nicely to run speed... And not that expensive anyway... Combined with run buffs, I like sightseeing in my kodiak with all these reds trailing behind me ;-P
    - Disarm. Well, not THAT useless... Currently in a 50%, I earn around 1.5k per mob and 2k XP per trap... Not worth maxing though, and dirt cheap for Fixers anyway... And I'm still hoping that they will make the trap deadlier someday...
    - First Aid. Don't know, I max it, and it sure helps currently... QL70 kits at level 45 and on were a real life saver... So keeping it for now, I can always IPR later... But I guess it's one of these max or nothing skills...
    - Tradeskills. More and more useful stuff using these now :
    * Sol Chironis and all the sealed container stuff (nice Agent rifle I heard)
    * Chemical Streamer (check the new reqs in 14.2... Best SMG hand down at the moment...)
    * The Egg thingie
    * The Sense buff pad thingie
    * The hacked tank armor thing (don't know if they will be tradeskills or B&E though)
    * The plasma thing (great cashmaker and the health+nano deal can be useful to some classes)
    And I'm betting on more coming...

Nano init can be useful for some classes... Nukers... Traders (because we need to drop these two deprive/ransack about each fight, and the faster they go, the sooner we can start actually doing damage)... Fixers (I suspect reducing evac nanos to 3sec is faster and cheaper using nano init than raising three nano skills to the next evac...)...

Melee energy... Enforcers are drooling over that... Don't know if it's really worth it though...

All the rest, I agree

Originally posted by EvilBoi
    Drop Duck-Exp (Onlu seems to be useful in PvP)
    Only pump first aid up when I have IP to burn and I can get to the next highest kit.
    Well I am dumping First Aid completely, just do not see the payback on it. Although I am saving some IP just in case this is a bad move.

As for Duck-Exp, well Trader mobs will tear you up insanely fast if you dump this one. Granted they are only one of the many types of mobs in missions, but those shotties really hurt when they are critting you every time.
    Flann - Doctor
    Kwoung - Martial Artist
    Rubi-Ka 2
    The Descendants