Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Current Doctor Issues, Concerns and Suggestions

what you say about the damage wolverine...sorry but...what about throwing away the nanoskill-pylon and equipping a nice weapon? you should have enough nanoskills without it, too.
    then you play on full agg, since healing skills are more than suitable for every mob up to inferno, even on full agg. then your DoTs are casted quite fast. you have to accept that the playmode changes from midlevel to highlevel pro fulldef to fullagg. i never had a real problem with that. with enough add all def you won't be critted very much.
    when you then have a weapon equipped and fast DoTs, you can't complain about your damage....i have done 108k damage/minute at level 213, at an inf boss, selfbuffed. won't call that crappy.. Oo

but i agree on the part of weapon skills in symbs... i'm currently using only 4 to 5 symbs, since they don't boost any of the skills I need.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

docs need ages to kill something. they need a lvl 220 A, B and C dot badly

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnengott
    docs need ages to kill something. they need a lvl 220 A, B and C dot badly

1500 damage each, 1 sec tick, 1 min dura, 2s/1s attack recharge. would be just ok imho.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex
    1500 damage each, 1 sec tick, 1 min dura, 2s/1s attack recharge. would be just ok imho.
    yes, its so boring to need countless minutes to solo something

[QUOTE=Keex]when you then have a weapon equipped and fast DoTs, you can't complain about your damage....i have done 108k damage/minute at level 213, at an inf boss, selfbuffed. won't call that crappy.. Oo
    QUOTE]

the DoT ticks are fine. it's the time required for execution. over 2250 nanoc init on full off and in a "competent" team, by the time i get the 3rd 1 cast, the mob's dead. unless all docs stop being good healers for damage output, most won't be doing superb damage. imho, a doc should be healer 1st, damage contributor 2nd. i've seen many who've forgotten that, including 210+ doc who didn't realize he could ubt, let alone what it was. personally, i don't WANT to be an uber dd. what i wouldn't mind would be at least multi assist to meet the high reqs for some weaps that look good but don't necessarily do 2-10k damage/hit. to do damage off viral combo, i have to use the 2 rk dot's to be able to get the perk to go off in time, less i'm suddenly the team tank too. i may not know every doc, and very few combat docs, but most i do know have same gripe for the cast speed/duration combo. not to mention the increased rate of fumbles and "please wait" nonsence. almost seems like the more skill some of us have, the more often we fumble. *shrug* as i said, not everyone will agree with what i say, but many will.

I'd actually finish levelling for that. As it is I'm happy with 218.

2s/1s would be a little insane ... but I like insane. However, I'd be fine if they had the same times as the current DoTs.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

I'd like to see the duration of the Shadowlands DoT's double (or triple, if they're feeling really nice). As it currently is, I don't use the Shadowland's DoT's (at 215) because I just don't have the -%nanocost to do it frequently. My ND clears up about half by the time I need to do it again, in a combat situation, where I'm healing and UBT'ing too. With one minute duration, this would be a lot easier, make solo'ing easier, and let the SL DoT's become viable at an earlier stage.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

The designers create nanos to meet their quotas of 1) nanocost/dmg over time, and 2) damage dealt per nanopoint. If the durations of our dots were doubled, that would throw everything out of whack, and most likely the damage of each tick would be halved. That is what the designers would have to do in order to balance such a change.

We don't want that, I can assure you. I'm honestly a little floored that nanocost is an issue people are addressing. At 220 with a nice nanodelta and close to maxed nanocost reduction, you can more or less chain-cast all 3 DoTs with nanospindles and genius2 for a very long time, with heals thrown in to boot. It gives incentive to gain better gear and level to 220.

Have Doctor Tier1 increase NanoPool, MaxHealth, BM/MM/TS with each piece.

Not toooo much, just enough to make it useful.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffy
    The designers create nanos to meet their quotas of 1) nanocost/dmg over time, and 2) damage dealt per nanopoint. If the durations of our dots were doubled, that would throw everything out of whack, and most likely the damage of each tick would be halved. That is what the designers would have to do in order to balance such a change.

We don't want that, I can assure you. I'm honestly a little floored that nanocost is an issue people are addressing. At 220 with a nice nanodelta and close to maxed nanocost reduction, you can more or less chain-cast all 3 DoTs with nanospindles and genius2 for a very long time, with heals thrown in to boot. It gives incentive to gain better gear and level to 220.
    I wouldn't mind if they doubled the nano cost and also doubled the duration. DoTing in my honest opinion requires having another Doc in the team (too heal) most of the time. The damage from DoTs is ok, but never being able to use them in normal circumstances isn't I know people say DoTs are a docs main damage but the rarity that you ever get to use them make a main weapon esstential. Reducing the cast times and lengthening the duration while increasing the nano cost would not imbalance anything, the damage per sec and damage per nano point remain the same, it just means you can use them.

Not totally Doctor, but how about making Champion of Nano Combat more suited to Nano Combat, and suggest it be AttSkill 16% of each nanoskill on both NanoFeast and BotConfinement?
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian
    Not totally Doctor, but how about making Champion of Nano Combat more suited to Nano Combat, and suggest it be AttSkill 16% of each nanoskill on both NanoFeast and BotConfinement?

BUMP!

Inferno Travelguides

THAT is definatly a doctor issue:

http://home.arcor.de/gimmenochnname/wtf.jpg

wtb new mesh!

Inferno Travelguides

THAT is definatly a doctor issue:

http://home.arcor.de/gimmenochnname/wtf.jpg

wtb new mesh!
    Or, do you have issues. Vanity issues?

Nah, it would be nice if it was less...uh...fugly?

|| Primal Evolution ||

Green-orange version of Dillon helmet as clan mesh.

White/red omni af helmet for omni

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffy

Many docs that pvp now and want "the best" setup have to sacrifice alot of nano delta and -% nano cost, i cant really keep up with my nano for very long periods of time because sadly docs arent very pvp oriented.. unless they go out of their way to be. If i wanted to i could have 200 nano delta and a caped -% nano cost, but that would decrease my pvp ability.

not that it will actually change anything but thats the situation alot of us docs are in.

and imo, most good MMO games have a somewhat balanced pvp where even though it may take some time, every prof can kill every prof (in under an hour ), the thing limiting docs from doing that is the lack of DOT damage or weapon damage.
    Last edited by Dokalicious; Aug 13th, 2006 at 00:09:34.
    220/22
    Teh "Dokalicious"
    Unit Commander of Legion

Setup still working on it...

it won't harm your ability to heal, and that is what the supposed role of a doc in pvp is. be happy that you have the possibilitys to tune your doc in a way you can probably kill someone, but it is of course only possible by sacrificing some other advantages. you have to choose.

MA for example sacrifice most of their PvM abilities for real pvp pwnage^^
    Last edited by Keex; Aug 13th, 2006 at 11:55:52.

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Dokalicious View Post
    Many docs that pvp now and want "the best" setup have to sacrifice alot of nano delta and -% nano cost, i cant really keep up with my nano for very long periods of time because sadly docs arent very pvp oriented.. unless they go out of their way to be. If i wanted to i could have 200 nano delta and a caped -% nano cost, but that would decrease my pvp ability.

not that it will actually change anything but thats the situation alot of us docs are in.

and imo, most good MMO games have a somewhat balanced pvp where even though it may take some time, every prof can kill every prof (in under an hour ), the thing limiting docs from doing that is the lack of DOT damage or weapon damage.
    Then perhaps you're not playing the true role of a doc in PvP and you're more focused on trying to kill people. Doctors are a perfectly balanced class in every way possible and have been since the very beginning of the game. All this nonsense about "omg what weapon should I choose for max damage" and "Max HP GOGOGO" is just ridiculous. A great doctor is good at PvM and PvP for the same reasons, they are great healers and debuffers. A great PvP doctor can keep his team alive for a long time while they fight off the opposing faction. They're designed to kill, you're designed to heal. It's the way of the universe and if you don't like it, roll another class. Stop trying to fix something that isn't broken. ANY changes to the Doctor class that doesn't involve fixing broken game mechanics (i.e. BGH4 is still buggy) will be a trip down the path to completely ruining the Doctor class and forcing Funcom to boost us, then nerf us, then boost us, then nerf us for the entire duration of the history of the game. DOCTORS ARE PERFECT. Fix the broken stuff, stop trying to suggest a change to our mechanics!
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

Quote Originally Posted by Haminie View Post
    Then perhaps you're not playing the true role of a doc in PvP and you're more focused on trying to kill people. Doctors are a perfectly balanced class in every way possible and have been since the very beginning of the game. All this nonsense about "omg what weapon should I choose for max damage" and "Max HP GOGOGO" is just ridiculous. A great doctor is good at PvM and PvP for the same reasons, they are great healers and debuffers. A great PvP doctor can keep his team alive for a long time while they fight off the opposing faction. They're designed to kill, you're designed to heal. It's the way of the universe and if you don't like it, roll another class. Stop trying to fix something that isn't broken. ANY changes to the Doctor class that doesn't involve fixing broken game mechanics (i.e. BGH4 is still buggy) will be a trip down the path to completely ruining the Doctor class and forcing Funcom to boost us, then nerf us, then boost us, then nerf us for the entire duration of the history of the game. DOCTORS ARE PERFECT. Fix the broken stuff, stop trying to suggest a change to our mechanics!
    i made that post in august, before LE

with LE that was actually addressed, since it has become easier to get more HP, nano skills, nano init and nano delta. If you think that doctors should only heal and the best doctor is the one that heals their team the best, good for you! In pvp you can choose either to kill, kill and heal or just heal, doctors are capable of any of those options.

its obvious FC made most profs more powerful and are in the process of nerfing bio coon, which means people will die faster... which means we can kill faster.
    220/22
    Teh "Dokalicious"
    Unit Commander of Legion

Setup still working on it...

I dont think that not being able to use our toolset at full def doesn't makes us PERFECT !
    Epolass 220/27 Eternalist Dedicated nurse
    Secretairepo 194/10 Dictator-wanabe Taking the path to TL7
    Hiddenpolas 150/11 Spectre with a nice blood cloak
    President of ACF Douce folie

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I can't care less about the balancing. Afterwards, the same people will still be whining on forums, the rest will adapt as always.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast