Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Now available - a program to sort your bank and determine your pocket boss patterns.

New version up - 1.2.2

Fixes the QL 192 and QL 195 Shake bosses so they have seperate entries on the unused pattern match graph.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

New Version - 1.3.1

Pattern Matcher is now compatible for the 15.9 patch.

Also in this version are -

Support for "partial" matches. If you have enough pieces to make an incomplete pattern (for example, an A + B pattern without a C or a D), this will be noted at the bottom of the pattern listing. It will print out A+B+C, A+B, and AB+C matches in this extra list.

A progress indicator to give you a better idea of what the program is doing (as opposed to simply saying "Sorting").

Support for the new "Shadowlands" pocket bosses.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Covenant; May 8th, 2005 at 05:23:35.
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Absolutely love this program (together with AOIS), great work!

Question Resetting the file

Hi, The program is great and I've been using it for a while now.

One problem I've found with the latest version is that the list seems to never reset itself. If I run pattern matcher after a fresh reboot without even running AO I get about 20 patterns found. So I thought lets repeat and test it with only opening a bag full of Aban patterns. I rebooted and then opened one bag of Aban patterns. It still found 20 complete matches from pattern matcher. Where does Item loader hold the temp info. It seems to be this that I need to delete.

Many Thanks for such a great program.

Bathery

Found the same bug.

You can actually solve the problem by deleting the file c:\result* (not quite sure about the exact name right now, but on normal systems there shouldn't be any file with a similar name in c:\).
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

Mine hasn't been giving me a list of incomplete or unused pieces...all I get is the short list of complete matches found.

I'll plan to double check to make sure I've got the latest version, and delete & re-download this afternoon if needed, but if there's a settings-type thing I'm missing, please let me know.

I don't think I could manage without this fine tool
    Whatchuwant lvl 219 Trader (President Obsidian Order - we're recruiting)
    Able to do all known Tradeskills

Found the problem with Pattern Matcher. I'll post a workaround for those who want to get it running, and I'll get a new version up ASAP.

The problem is that the temporary file used by the program isn't being deleted after use. This means that when you re-run Item Loader to read in the patterns, it will add to whatever list you've already made instead of starting over.

Another problem is that duplicate backpacks of information aren't being recognized as duplicates.

Both of these issues are pretty simple to fix - I solved these problems with AOIS a while back, and I just need to place similar code into Pattern Matcher.

In the meantime - be careful when you read in your backpacks to avoid handling the same pack twice. If you move it from your bank to your inventory, don't open it. Once the program has finished running, delete "c:\results.inv" to remove the data file (thank you Alreadythere for letting others know that, by the way).

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and I'll get a fixed version up within a day or two.

Cov

regarding the pocketboss Anansi - there are 2 patterns in game, "Anansi" and "Anansi's Adherent"

if you look at the Anansi patterns they are displayed as

blabla Pattern 'Anansi' versus the Adherent patterns are
    blabla Pattern 'Anansi

without the ' at the end.

maybe that helps you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulna
    regarding the pocketboss Anansi - there are 2 patterns in game, "Anansi" and "Anansi's Adherent"

if you look at the Anansi patterns they are displayed as

blabla Pattern 'Anansi' versus the Adherent patterns are
    blabla Pattern 'Anansi

without the ' at the end.

maybe that helps you?
    Yes, it's sort of an annoying issue. The apostrophe's give data parsing routines heartburn; aodb.info has the same problem.

Has anyone ever assembled an Anansi's Adherent pattern or found pieces for it? There are some patterns in the game that will never be assembled so they're not included (such as this fearsome monster - no "D" pattern).

New Version - 1.3.2

Duplicate backpacks will no longer be parsed. If you accidently read in the same backpack more than once, the program will recognize this and only parse it once.

Also included is a way for better handling for missing or corrupted files. If the program runs into a problem it'll tell you.

I added a "Manual Purge" button just to be on the safe side. Ideally the fixes above should make sure that temporary information is properly disposed of after use, but in the event that trouble still happens it can be fixed with a press of a button. If you have to do that, by the way, please get in touch with me so I can address it.

As always, you can find the program here.
    Last edited by Covenant; Jun 8th, 2005 at 16:39:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant
    Has anyone ever assembled an Anansi's Adherent pattern or found pieces for it?
    hehe yes - I had ABC of Anansi and D of Anansi's Adherent and couldn't combine it . I petitioned and even pointed out that the ABC had the apostrophe and the D didn't, but I didn't look at the pattern description

New Version - 1.3.3

Anansi and Anansi's Adherent are now included as distinct matchable patterns. Thanks again for the info Ulna.

The program is available here.

That inventory thing, might be very helpful(Note in your siggy) for my orgs vault
    There is a very fine line between not listening, and not caring.
    I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Proud member of the Clans.
    Proud Member of New Order
    Most of the time I play as:Assassin "Cetf19485" Chii
    I play on the Atlantean server
    Also I have Shadow Lands, Alien Invasion, and Lost Eden

result file is deleted for me now, nice work as always
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup

Got another feature request. While sorting my far too many pattern pieces and complete patterns I got to the problem that the AOIS output for complete blueprints and the finished crystals is a bit useless. I mean, I know exactly what they do, and I guess all that spawn pocketbosses do the same.

What would be extremely helpful for me on the other hand would be links to the respective AO Pocket pages where the known drops of the pocketbosses are listed.

Would love to see that, just not sure if it should be in Pattern Matcher or AOIS, as up to now PM doesn't check for complete patterns.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup

Quote Originally Posted by Alreadythere
    Got another feature request. While sorting my far too many pattern pieces and complete patterns I got to the problem that the AOIS output for complete blueprints and the finished crystals is a bit useless. I mean, I know exactly what they do, and I guess all that spawn pocketbosses do the same.

What would be extremely helpful for me on the other hand would be links to the respective AO Pocket pages where the known drops of the pocketbosses are listed.
    That's a good idea, and I've sent an email to the webmaster of the AO Pocket site asking for permission to do that. Those pages are generated by their server, though, so it's not as simple as linking to AODB/AUNO. I'll see what I can do. If nothing else, I could make a local (on your computer) database and have the symbiants that drop from there list out, but again, I'd need the AO Pocket creator's permission to access/use his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alreadythere
    Would love to see that, just not sure if it should be in Pattern Matcher or AOIS, as up to now PM doesn't check for complete patterns.
    Would it be helpful to have Pattern Matcher list out already-completed patterns (ones already assembled) as well? I can make it look for and list those as well, if it'd help.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant
    Would it be helpful to have Pattern Matcher list out already-completed patterns (ones already assembled) as well? I can make it look for and list those as well, if it'd help.
    I'd love to see something like the following modified pattern graph:

Churn ABC AB A B C D X Y Z

meaning X*complete blueprint, Y*with crystal, Z*ready to spawn.

With as much pattern as I got, I just want to see how many of each type I got complete. Actually, I'd be just as happy if it would tell me Churn ABC AB A B C D ABCD, with ABCD including crystalized/novictalized versions, instead of splitting the count in 3. But don't think it would be much difference in the required work

Not sure about the position of X Y Z though, perhaps before ABC would be better...
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup

bump for sweet program wish it still worked after patch :/

Quote Originally Posted by xxprunkxx
    bump for sweet program wish it still worked after patch :/
    Read here
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup

Now dont i just wish i found this post 'before' i went through all 30 'full' backpacks of patterns and put them all in alphabetical order as well as in A, B, C, D order...

*sigh*

Thanks for making my life easier from now on, though i may miss playing jigsaw puzzles in the backyard in front of the bank with a screen full of windows.
    Dreamworld 217/18 Assault Rifle Soldier
    Advisor for First Light

"Imagination is more valuable than knowledge!"
    - Albert Einstein
    "All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
    - Edgar Allan Poe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast