Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let Nano users overequip and leave weapon weilders at peace

Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by Talys
    Well, as a counter to weapon overequipping, this make some sense. However, I can see it as being way insanely powerful for other classes. Some examples:

- A low level enforcer with Essence of Cyclops
    - A mid level soldier with Mirror Shield MK 8-10
    - A mid level agent with every NF in the game
    - A low level NT with Boundless Humidity Extractor
    - A mid level Engi with a slayerdroid
    - A mid level MP with high level demons

Well, the real problem I guess, becomes that twinks become way too uber. I think a better solution would be rebalance weapon/NF damage so that a "reasonably equipable" DD NFs do more damage over time than a "reasonably equipable" gun. Perhaps it would do approximately equivalent damage that a melee character would do, which would be offset by the NTs range.

The real factors to combat, Quality Levels aside, are:
    - Damage
    - Range
    - Out of sequence specials
    - Area of Effect
    - Attacker's ability to take hits
    - Attacker's ability to cast combat buffs
    - Attacker's ability to summon pets (and their relative power)
    - Attacker's ability to cast strategic NFs (roots, calm, charm, etc.)

If these factors are balanced so that characters all have "usefulness", and "reasonable damage" I think that everyone will be happy.
    Exactly. This is what I and many others have been saying all along.

(And don't give me the Iz's retort, we don't get that until very high in level.)

I think it's funny to see all this whining about how unfair it would be and how cheap yet they turn around and overequip their weapon 2 days from now. Hypocrites.

Anyway the only real problem would be nano-cost. A trader there saying how he would cast all that junk.. sorry but you would be out of nano after maybe 2-3 nanos . An NT would be better off because he would have his high level extractor.

Anyway this is like in sports where 1 guy might be on steroids and the other one is it.. to make things fair we give the other guy steroids too? (For those of you who don't know steroids is illegal in most sports. )

The only way is to bring back a modified version of 12.6. There's no reason to further ruin the game by making it an overequip fest, but this double standard really does have to come to an end.

After hearing the wisdom of those that think "harder" then me, I must say this was a BAD idea.

To make over-equipping like this work all nanos would have to have an ABILITY req. added to them.

exp. Ess. of the Cyclops would have to have a Strength requirement added to it or something to keep the over-equipping within 30-40 QLs of the users level.

Just a suggestion *shrug*

A MP does not need to be a high end player before casting int/psy buffs.

Adding drugs would be fun yes, esp' for fixers

Subscribers quitting because of not being überequipped is not a real argument, it has nothing to do with game rules/balance, only an assumption. If you can start killing green/yellow mobs using ql100 weapons instead of ql200, it would not be a cancel account reason. Besides, when fully equipped at lvl~100, how much longer will this game be playable ?

A trader can mega buff right now - and keep using the high ql vector when buffs run out. If skill check apllied on using point the trader would have to get a 'friend' to wrangle, just like everybody else would be dependent on other profs to be buffed again and again. So don't remove skill check from using NF's, apply it when using weapons!

Wounder why there is any NT's left, according to everybody else we should have cancelled our accounts when we was 'nerfed'...
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Re: Re: I just did the calculations based on a list of Trader nanos and...

Originally posted by Nanogater

Eh, did someone forget to tell you that ransack, deprive and plunder should not stack ? And if they do stack what is stopping you doing this today, highest ransack + deprive + plunder = +383 to all attack skills, and with a wrangler you get another +131 to all attack skills. That would give you a total of +514 to all attack skills. If stackable you can do this today, in the game now, so what is your point ?

You being lvl69 and you are already equipping and using a ql146 Vektor - now THAT is game 'balance'

That's a crock. Have you ever used a Shotgun as a ***main source of damage***? I think not. Vektors have great damage for their qlvl, yes but they are also slow and use Energy AC. At level 69, a Trader can EASILY wear a q146 Vektor with NO BUFFS from another person. Is that overequiping? No so shut it. Is it uber? Heck no because the Vektor is slow and heavy and is an all around average weapon. A q69 Flashpoint can outdamage is.

Have you ever played a Trader? It's not exactly a walk in the park.

Re: Re: Re: I just did the calculations based on a list of Trader nanos and...

Originally posted by Lucid Flow
    No so shut it.
    This is so nice, it really make me respect your point of view, as you obviously do respect mine.

BTW, who did ever suggest playing a trader, or any other prof's for that matter, was a walk in the park? Who would want a game to be a walk in the park? If I wanted a walk in the park I would turn this PC off, leave my flat and HAVE A WALK IN THE PARK.

Sorry, could not resist that...stupid I know
    NT = Nerfed Technician

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Re: Re: Re: Re: I just did the calculations based on a list of Trader nanos and...

Originally posted by Nanogater
    This is so nice, it really make me respect your point of view, as you obviously do respect mine.

I get a little frustrated when people say something is so uber yet have never used one the way described in their life.

Sorry, could not resist that...stupid I know

I thank you for making me chuckle. I thought it was funny.

Anyway...

At level 69, a Trader can EASILY wear a q146 Vektor with NO BUFFS from another person. Is that overequiping? No so shut it. Is it uber? Heck no because the Vektor is slow and heavy and is an all around average weapon. A q69 Flashpoint can outdamage is.

Everyone seems to have different ideas of what overequiping means. To people like you it's the using outside buffs to equip something. To me it's equiping something that's a little too high for your level. Over.. equiping. equiping over your level. oh well

Everyone seems to have different ideas of what overequiping means. To people like you it's the using outside buffs to equip something. To me it's equiping something that's a little too high for your level. Over.. equiping. equiping over your level. oh well
    the thing is, this game is designe to be a skill based game, not a level based one.

the way its set up a lvl 50 toon can have a vastly differrent character than another lvl 50 toon.

You can decide to max all your nano skills and use a lower ql weapon, you can choose to neglect nano skills and have a superior AC char, you can choose to neglect whatever and have a supreme dmg dealer.

thats one of the things that is fun....i dont want to play a game where every lvl 50 whatever is the same as every other lvl 50 of the same class.

why should every lvl 50 (insert class here) be the exact same as any other lvl 50 of the same class? Its fun knowing you can build a character that is actually different from another playing the exact same class....and yes this applies to NT's too, you have a wide variety to build your character with.

IE a NT with maxed and implanted evades and AC instead of just maxing MC and hopin that you are the best because of your nanos, you *can* overequip armor if u choose to wear armors that are buffable for, you *can* overequip weapons if you try to do so.

Have a lil fun, play with your class, experiment...you have the same abilities and skill checks to do things any other class can.

My fixer cant cast his best HoT when debuffed, is it annoying....you bet your ass it is, but i adapt , i roll with the punches and i get by.

If you choose to play your nano class as a nano dependent class thats fine, you made the *choice* to play that way, you could have also choosen to include a shotgun (or whatever weapon u like) as a backup dmg source, you could have over-equipped into it like anyone else can.

This game allows for variety in how you develop a character, and i for one LIKE it....i dont want my fixer to be the EXACT same as any other fixer of my same lvl...variety is good

cman:

Yes, I am not arguing one single bit against the diversity of this game, it is absolutely great to be able to make different char's, even with same prof and breed as 'base'.

My point however is that you will still be able to do exactly that with skill check on using items. In fact, the game will be more balanced and more fun to play for more prof's at more different lvl's. Also it would make it even better doing untypical breed and prof chars because then not everybody would go for the char's that can wield über ql weapons at low lvls.

You are right about diversity, I think skill checks on using things combined with lowering hp/ac on mobs will promote exactly that.
    NT = Nerfed Technician

Talking Skill check items too

I am all for skill checking on items. It will make the weapon wielders weaker than they are now, but then an nt will actually be a match for an enf or a soldier without a root nf. I dont see why everyone is in such an uproar about not being able to equip items that are 120 lvls above them... thats kind of an absurd thought really. I wear lvl 85 tank armor as an atrox nt at lvl 54 and i would be more than willing to give it up for the incredible balance this would bring to the game. Weapon wielders have jsut been pampered with a no-worry profession since the start and they dont want to loose thier free ride. Because of the mob ac/hp increace's i can no longer take on oranges or even reds like i was once able to. And i rarely see soldiers or enforcers grouping as they have no need to, since they can get just as much or more xp from solo missions. Yes, nts can use nano formulas above their skill lvl... but only with the requirements met, the exact same thing can be done with weapons so that all the profs can still over equip, just not 250% X what they should be able to. Read the Whine-O-Meter thread fc and had some dam backbone and make the changes you know you should!

Posted this already in the NT forum, but well.

There are a lot of pros and cons for overequiping nanos, so how bout this.

Allow only DD nanos to be upload and forget (like weapons).

About the ATK rating, does anyone actually know why e.g. a NTs ATK rating is bound to weapon skills and not Matter Creation? If this gets changed along with being able to upload nanos and use em forever without skill check, a lot of casters would be happy (including myself).

Dark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123