Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: > training of Mob is a BIG problem <

> training of Mob is a BIG problem <

And is illegal and if you are cought you will be banned.

If you are trained or your tram are, do a petition as soon as you can and make evryone esle do the same!

Some places more than others and especially one place. I wont say where here, to give anyone the idea, just let me call the place Rudolf for this post

As it is know it is completly riksless to train mobs. I've petitoned several times about the problem and talked to several Arks about it. The message you always get is, try get the name of the person who trained the mob on you.

The problem is that fighting the mobs in the Rudolf place is not easy. Some teams may be able to handle a 'Add' but more will for sure wipe the team out.
    When someone then trains a mob that are maybe 50lvls or more above yourself, that aggros from a very long distance, and moves very fast, you stand small chance to see whom trained the mob.

Now its usually several teams that always hunt here on this spot, so the mob needs only to be trained on to the first team to make them running to get a nice "domino effect. For those in the fourth or fifth team they have absolutly NO chance to see who trained the MOB.

At the place Rudolf this happen often sometimes evry hour. The guy who do the training need to pass a area.

To me it seems like FC are not aware of the problem. One training at the Rudolf spot can kill 5+ teams not counting people waiting at the spot to find a team. Sometimes there can be 15-20 people just waiting to find team there too.
    I think there is a problem when 20+ people is hackednslashed by a mob evry hour because someone trained the mob onto them.

As i said i talked to several ARKs about this.
    The last one i talked to (so angry i almost screamed) and i wouldnt let go before he had promiss to get this stopped. After alot of argumenting he ask me:" How is this training done:" So i show him where they have to train from and how it is done, doing it offcourse not towards the Rudolf place. Using the same techinc as the trainers do, is usually the only way to get Mob out of the Rudolf place unless you are able to kill it with your gun.

I've suggested to FC that they put up a extra machine running AO at the spot where they train from, beside one guy in their helpdesk that is only answering e-mails.
    This way the guy can still do his work, but also monitor activity in that area. If he sees any activity there it is probably Training of Mob, because there is nothing else there.
    Then the trainer is busted, and if if a ARK do a shout at the spot they just busted the player 'MrRoss' (random name) in trying to train a Mob onto them and they will now bann him/her, they will get many /prostrate and the word will spread around and we get and end of this very distracting training.

I think its important FC looks onto this, because people get very upset when this happens. Many just log at once after getting trained and loose 1mill XP. Then people have to rebuild or find a new team before they can start hunting again.

If FC think its not a problem that one guy can destroy hours of play for 20+ players in minutes, please state so. If you agree it is a problem please state what you are doing to counter this.

"At the place Rudolf this happen often sometimes evry hour. The guy who do the training need to pass a area. "

So the guy who needs to pass this area should have to go around you say ? Or maybe not go there at all ?

I rember once when someone blamed me for training. I was headed for a mission and didn't have any such things in mind.

its not only one guy doing this, it is several. And its intentional and not at all accidental at this place.
    That people trains mobs on someone i know can happen accidentally, but thats not what happens here. Once evry hour is not accidental. People do it because the place is to crowded and they cant get into a team, or just for the sher fun of seeing other players loose millions of XP.

The small area the one training have to pass there is just flat mountain. Nothing lives there. There is not a route going there to get to or from a dungeon. The place where mobs are gotten are so full of violent mobs i would like to see that person able to survive on his own there for more than a minute. So if there is any activity in the flat mountain area towards the Rudolf place, its probably someone training a mob to the rudolf place. The Mapskill for this zone is very high also, so its not easy for players to hold a watch here. If i had more time myself these days i would have done that, but unfortunlately i dont. Would love to nail any for doing it. And also i think something is wrong if we players have to set up wathcers because others are trying to ruin the game for us.

It sounds to me that said MOB should not even be that close to 20+ players that don't have a shot in hell at killing it. You make it sound like there is a place where on one side of the hill there are level 75 MOBs and on the other side a Level 190.

I say move the 190 far..far away = problem solved.
    Last edited by Meligant; Dec 3rd, 2001 at 21:29:32.

I am sorry, maybe its Xeni's bad english, but I dont understand this. What is training? And why, if you want the problem to be solved, are you so secretive about this place?
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

hehe sorry for my not perfect english, wish i'd been more of a linguistician or something. Hope some writing in this boards can make it better.

=)

hmm i maybe not givin a good definition to training. It is when make a mob aggro you, and then you start moving, hopefully at such a speed that the mob dont hit you to much, in a direction you want the mob to go too. If you manage to keep the right distance to the mob, you can make it follow you too the end of the world.

FC can ask me if they want the location, if they dont know where it is.

I still don't understand why you would keep this location secret. If you are on here asking for other player's help to set up "watchers" and all this other crap, why not tell us where it is? Maybe someone on here already knows who it is.

Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

The place is cept secret in order to not give nyone any ideas. Those knowing where the place is, know of the problem.

Besides, a train doesn't need to be just one mob. The mob usually get's his friendsd to help out. After "collecting", mobs can easily be numerous (many).

Players ruining for other players on intent, should be struck down upon. Hard. since players have few means of striking down on other players (unless in certain low-gas areas), FunCom must (or should) intervene.

I have not yet been to the place Xeni talks about, nor do I know it's whereabouts, but I have no problem understanding what's going on, and the consequeces for the players getting "trained".

In some cases, people make trains accidentally. (they bite over more than they can chew, and need to run away), but in most of those cases, the mobs are few, and relatively easy for the ther groups to kill. Runners also tend to avoid other groups, which is good. But as Xeni say, in the area mentioned, there is no other reason for beeing where the train starts. It is on purpose, and it totally ruins the fun for many, many others. Some people might even think of such for a reason to quit. I wouldn't want that. I need you all to keep this game going. AO is one of the best games I've played, and I wouldn't want t to be ruined by some childish phun.

Thank you for your time.

wow, at least one person in your 24-7 group can speak english. I now know what training is, but still don't understand the need for secrecy. Seems ridculous to me, like you guys are making it up. Training happens everywhere you go, all the time. I go to the SW mines in Lush, and it happens at least once every half hour. If you don't like it, go kill leets, end of story (but they will probably ownz u 2)

Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

Talking he keeps it secret to keep the

L33t 13 year olds like yourself from going there and doing the same thing. Not everyone is from America either you ass, live with it.

lol any high lvl players know where he is talking about, it's not really a secret at all. and yes, i have been trained by the aforementioned mobs. whoever brought those mobs all the way to "Rudolph" went thru a lot of trouble to do so, and i certainly agree that something should be done about them. and no, we're not hunting in areas where it's lvl 75 on one side and 190 on the other, they're all relatively the same. you know how different mobs are a lot harder to kill than other mobs even tho they're the same lvl? same thing applies here. the mobs they are training into "Rudolph" have run speeds approaching 1000, hit for 500-1000 and have an aggro range of easily 100m. getting trained in lush fields is no big deal becuz your group can handle it. these mobs can wipe out a team without even getting scratched.

Is this in a PvP zone ?

I think that it is really wrong that you are not allowed to train mobs on other factions if it is in a 25% zone or less.

Not that I have started to hunt Medusas yet, but thats what you are talking about , right ?

Talking Rudolph?

Oi... Rudolph? Well, for the benefit of those who asked, the poster is speaking specifically of the medusa spawn at the Eastern Fouls Plains. It's a favorite levelling ground after pleasant meadows.

Training a mob means making a mob aggro on another party. Two instances of this occur at this specific location:

1) A group has isolated one Medusa Elite Soldier, and a second joins that fight. A lower level group will die, while most higher level groups will be fine.

2) Some nitwit brings over Mantis Hive Guardians from an adjacent valley. These critters have insane hit points and damage, and run at 800+ runspeed. They are impossible to outrun and will kill anything other than a pro team that really has no business at that spawn anyhow.

Now, I would like to point out a couple of things.

First of all, a lot of elite soldier training is accidental. For example, someone will often pull a soldier and take it to the top of the ridge. However, they may not know exactly where their team is, and because the area is (somewhat) crowded, they run near another team. If the puller is on defensive and/or the other team has a character with a big weapon (like a QL 200 sledge or a high QL NF), the monster adds into that team's battle.

This is a royal pain for both parties. The original puller actually WANTED the xp from that elite soldier (and now must look for another), while the other team has an add to deal with.

I think that this is a semantic of the area, and teams should either be prepared to take on an add, or pick a base location that is far enough away from other teams. I can tell you that an experienced level 90+ team with one doc and one backup healer (non-doc) can take up to 3 elite soldiers, if they are well organized and use good tactics.

Obviously, if someone brings an add to a party on purpose, it's not "fair play". However, it would be very difficult to distinguish or prove, because the teams are so close together.

Now the Mantis thing is a real pisser. These critters are REALLY too powerful for the area. I have no idea why they are in an adjacent valley, and why they can be "brought over". Just yesterday, some fool trained 5 mantises into EFP, and they ate through so many teams that it was unbelievable. To top it off, our doc went LD 5 seconds after we spotted them, and wound up logging for the night so that she wouldn't reappear near them. My only suggestion is to be wary of them, and to jet up as soon as they appear. If you tab a Mantis Hive Guardian, break off your fight and jet up; they can outrun anything else.

To answer someone else's zone, it is a 75% zone. However, training is not fair play in any zone, 0% or otherwise.

The problem is though for a player to be banned, as in all other MMORPGs I've played, he has to be caught in the act. And rarely do they attempt it more than once in a night because they know players petition them and that "if" a GM or ARK would happen to respond to the petition in time that they would get banned.

But sadly petitions on the average are not answered while you're still online so until petitions are handled in real time theres not going to be much done about this except for maybe better relocation of problem mobs.
    Marquis "Clearspirit" Pillot
    RK2 Omni Inter-Op

Lorriane "Arosabir" Cratty
    Wanna-be merchant @ Harry's Outpost!

"I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night..."

Exclamation

Yes another wasteless night. Happens twice now. I never seen so many yalmahas hanging in the air for so long. the second ****ty training tonight stoped hunting for 30 minutes!!! And mobs was trained in large numbers which must have been done over longer period of time.

I can maybe do some good guesses on who's doing this, but i have no proof. There is always some small signs giving people away. FC want us to report the people that do the intentinal training, but they handing the task over to someone who hasnt the tools to get the proofs.

I have no map of the playfield and therefore cant see player or mob movement. As an agent i have the possibility to hide pretty good from visual sight and have tried that some to maybe get a glimpse of those doing the training. The problem here is if the trainer have map, he can still perfectly see me on it and just avoid me.

For those not intentional training i know we have to live with. Most people closing lvl100 have learned this too, and it happens less.

As for the intentional training at this spot, FC only signals have been that they are not having control over this game. This spot is a very good place to show that they actually have that if they just decide upon it.

I agree, training should be dealt with as it is very anoying.
    Allthough a team of 100+ with a doc should be able to take down atlest 2 Elite medusa soldiers without dying, if you are unable to do that you really have no buisiness in EFP in the first place.

Vandame

well if someone starts bringing in mantis, there is a possibility of fixing the situation. today when someone brought in over 10 (my gawd, that's sick) mantis hive guardians into the valley, someone called on a GM, who showed up and eventually made them all disappear. literally billions of credits worth of planes all hovering above the valley. dunno how long it took for the gm to arrive there, but when he did arrive it took him around 5 min. before he removed them.

This happend 15 minutes ago:
    I was at medusa grounds in EFP sitting on top of building and just comin back from AFK, when someone shouts mantis seen.

I entering my plane and flyes straight east. From high up in the air i see a small white dot moving down there with a black after it. I got target locked and it is the player Ikeda from the Omni faction Agents of Fortune.

He try to pull another one so i fly down and try to pull it back again and shouts to him he is busted.

Here is the screenshots i took:
    http://www.infeline.org/~xentom/medusatrain

Ikeda is probably not the only one doing this, but hopefully he wont have the chance to do this in the future. One less now.

=)

Rudolf Land = Mort Cyborgs
    "Nano-technician at large.. and yes I have a root"

Re: Rudolph?

Originally posted by Talys
    2) Some nitwit brings over Mantis Hive Guardians from an adjacent valley. These critters have insane hit points and damage, and run at 800+ runspeed. They are impossible to outrun and will kill anything other than a pro team that really has no business at that spawn anyhow.
    oh i really like this one, the only people that don't have a business at that spawn are the lvl 80 lowbies around there killing lvl 190 mobs.
    I am 145 and those soldiers are still deep red to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast